Baby Announcements 2006

Stork Central

How wonderful!

Congratulations to the newest parents!

Enjoy these first days and all those to come with your new daughter!

How exciting that the pod is now full!! Best wishes to all! smile.gif

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stork Central,

You just made my day!! I have been checking this forum as often as possible to see if any news had been posted, and here it is. PeaBiscuits are no longer PIWs!!! It's kind of sad and I had tears as I read the post. I guess they are happy tears for everyone. I am so glad to be a part of such a wonderful group! Thanks Abrazo for all that you have done to enable us to become parents for the first time or againers. Now begins the new chapters of our journey.

Love ya Peas!!

Edited by jboy

After eight years of hoping and trying and waiting to become parents, a Dallas/Ft. Worth couple happened to catch Adoption Stories on the Discovery channel, where they learned of Abrazo. A week ago, they sent in their application paperwork, hoping to attend this week's orientation, but God had other plans for them and the best possible reason for them to spend the weekend at home-- with their week-old, 8 lb., 13 oz. baby boy! Congratulations to our newest family! (Next time, come join us for orientation, first, and see what you missed, just so you know what the fuss is all about.)  smile.gif

35008[/snapback]

We are so excited about being Ashton's parents. This is the first time since we brought him home I am able to post. He is definately an answer to a prayer. My husband Dave and I have been through a lot of heart ache in the past 8 years. We have had 2 miscarriages with one being twins, mutliple infertility treatments to the point I felt like a pin cushion , we also registered with another agency and was with them for over 3 years with no opportunities. I was home sick one day and saw the Adoption story about a couple who use Abrazo and it was an answered prayer. We did our research and prayed about switching agencies and we got peace that we needed to make that change.

God had put a desire in our heart to have a child and we knew we are suppose to be parents. We got our paperwork filled it all out and prayed over it before it was mailed out. Ashton is definately the child God has destined for us. A group at my work prayed everyday at noon about this agency and that the adoption would come through quick and fast....boy does he answer prayers. I got the call from Angela at work at noon about a newborn baby. It was all I could do to contain myself and I called the birthmother immediately. We hit off and there was an instant connection. My husband and I waited.....because there were other families she needed to speak to, so we waited to say the least it was hard to work the rest of the day. I got call from Angela on the way home from work that the birthmother chose us. It was all I could to drive that last 5 minutes home to tell my husband.

We were on cloud nine, little did we know we were going to have to jump through a few hoops to bring him home. We already had a home study but it was not valid for Texas so we had to immediately get it redone and thanks to Elizabeth we found someone who was able to get our homestudy done immediately. After going through the whole process, faith and prayer brought Ashton home. Abrazo is wonderful and took such good care of us and even put our new baby on the phone with me so I could hear him and to encourgage us that all the stuff we were going through was worth it all. He is the most precious adorable little baby, he is so happy and it just feels so right like he has always been in our hearts. Talk about other plans, orientation was on the schedule.... it just goes to show it is God's timing and we were not to wait for the orientation, Ashton needed to go home. It has been a wonderful journey so far and we look forward to our future and watching Ashton grow. Thank you Abrazo and the wonderful staff, you will always hold a special place in our hearts. Next time we will try the orientation, I hear they are great and fun!

Tonya & Dave - Ashton's Parents

What a wonderful story!

Congratulations and welcome to a wonderful family of Forum friends! So glad you could post. Enjoy being parents and keep us updated on Ashton.

Tonya and Dave,

Welcome to Abrazo and the Forum! I just saw the pictures of precious Ashton .. so cute! Congratulations to you all!

Congratulations Mel and Brad! Can't wait to meet the newest pea! biggrin.gif

And now that the pod is full, on behalf of the DDSJrs, welcome to the alum side! wink.gif

Oh my goodness!

I'm "snotting" so bad, I can barely see the computer screen.

God is sooooo very good.

CONGRATULATIONS Brad & Mel and big brother Brady!

We are so very excited for you.

Many, many hugs from the luthers!!

I finally feel like we can say "Amen".................the pea pod is finally filled!!

Yippee!! Our PEA pod is full!

Congrats Mel & Brad....we are so happy & excited for ya'll.

Praise God who is good ALL THE TIME.

Up date us as soon as possible.

Love from your Virginia friends!

As I read through the post of Brad and Mel, I am reminded of the day that the sweet peas flew around us during orientation. The way each of us grabbed as many as possible, because Elizabeth called each "Pea" a possibility (yes, I remember).

It is amazing that 11 months later we can now close this chapter of our lives and MOVE to the ALUM Group!!!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif I am going to love every minute of this new ride.

Peas you guys have touched our lives in a way that you guys will only know.

Brad and Mel and big Brother -

Enjoy your time in Odessa then El Paso...... laugh.giflaugh.gif Yes I remember that too. I pray for a nice quick interstate for you guys.

Congratulations Brad and Mel -- I am so thrilled that your baby daughter has arrived!!! Yay! It is great to know that the Pod is full...your group has been such an inspiration and I can't wait to meet so many of you at Camp.

Love,

Susan

Thank you Tonya and Dave for sharing your story and congratulations to you on the arrival of Ashton into your arms! Welcome to Abrazo and welcome to the Forum. I am so glad that you have experienced the magic of the Abrazo angels. We look forward to getting to know you here, on-line, in the days and months ahead.

Best, Susan, Bill and Tasia

Check out the gallery for our newest addition, Baby Camryn!

Congratulations to her new family, excited big brother, and loving birthmom!

Boy, I'm falling behind on my congratulations. The placements are happening quicker than I can get on the forum. biggrin.gif

Congratulations to Tonya and Dave and Baby Ashton.

Congrats to Jay and Tina and Makenzie and also congratulations to Brad and Melanie and baby Camryn.

Whew!!! Did I get them all? blink.gif What a whirlwind week this has been and all after such a full weekend with orientation.

Congratulations to all the new mommies and daddies and the new families that have been created. God Bless all of you.

Many, many congratulations to Tonya and Dave on the homecoming of your adorable son, Ashton. He reminds me of my Nathan when he was just a little older than Ashton is now. I can assure you that he was heaven sent and your story pegged the real story to a tee. Congratulations and please continue to post and share photos so we can enjoy watching Ashton grow, too

Thank you for sharing your story of how Ashton entered your lives, Tonya & Dave.

What an exciting story.

And great pictures in the gallery too, wink.gif.

Congratulations Mel, Brad, and Brady!!! Can't wait to hear your story, too. Patience is a virtue and you're being blessed for your faith and patience. Congratulations!

Congratulations to the new Abrazo Babes!!!

Ashton is ADORABLE!!!!!! Tony aand Dave we loved your story! Thank you for sharing and WELCOME!!

Brad and Melanie can't wait to see pictures you have all been so blessed!!

Kathy & Tom

Guest pamelaz
  Whew!!! Did I get them all? blink.gif What a whirlwind week this has been and all after such a full weekend with orientation. 

A whirlwind week? Week? Its been a whirlwind YEAR so far!

Guest pamelaz

Ha! Take that Mona and Angela! I soooo figured out the quote thing!!!!

and now, that being said I will probably mess it up everytime. smile.gif