Child Already Born?
There are lots of different reasons people need to place a child already born. Whatever the reason you may be considering adoption for a baby, toddler or child already born. you’re not alone… trust us!
- in the hospital and you already gave birth but didn’t get a plan in place ahead of time, or
- if you’re considering a Safe Haven baby drop but would feel better about not abandoning your baby, or
- if you’ve been struggling to raise your child or grandchild for awhile and feel you both deserve more or
- if Child Protective Services is threatening to intervene and you don’t want your child/ren lost in the state system,
- if you’re in poor health and need your children to have a safe home and a secure future, or
- if you’re in an abusive relationship you won’t leave and this is your only way of keeping your kids safe, or
- if you’re about to be incarcerated for a long time and have nobody to raise your child/ren, or
- if you’re facing deportation but want your American-born child to permanently remain in an American home, or
- whatever the reason you’re considering placement, we understand, we care, and we want to help.
If you’re struggling to care for a child already born and you need to have your baby, toddler, child/ren or grandchild/ren adopted, we’ve got you! Call Abrazo now: 1-800-454-5683 or text HELPME to 210-860-5683. Abrazo can help you make a legal, confidential and immediate placement plan anytime, as long as you are a legal parent or guardian and you know that adoption is a permanent arrangement that will be in your child’s best interests.
Planning an adoption for a child already born can be done in a matter of days or weeks. (That’s up to you.) We’ll meet with you and with your child. We’ll discuss all your options with you, You can review profiles of couples waiting to adopt, and talk with (and later meet) whomever you may feel could be the right fit. While most adopting parents are typically seeking babies, Abrazo has been successful in placing toddlers, sibling groups and even school-age children in permanent adoptive homes. (All our services are free for the placing parent or guardian, of course… whether you ultimately choose adoption or not.)
If your situation is so desperate you need to transfer your child/ren to Abrazo’s care right away (even before their new home is ready), Abrazo has private licensed interim care families ready to help prepare them for the adoptive placement.
We have trained counselors available to offer support to you and your child/ren throughout this process. Our professional placement staff will help you get to know whatever adoptive family you may choose, to build communication, and keep in touch after the adoption, too, if you wish. We also offer a consult with a licensed attorney, if you have legal questions. And we can connect you with others who have been through this, too, if you’d like. We’re here for you, and will be, as long as you need us.
For additional resources concerning adoption planning for babies, toddlers, children/grandchildren, see the following:
Adoption is never the only possible choice, and it is irreversible once done, so please do not choose a permanent solution if you are seeking only a temporary fix. If you are in crisis, you may also find alternatives to placement through Pathways, Children’s Shelter of San Antonio ; Saving Our Sisters; or Texas Grandparents Raising Grandchildren.