Adoption in San Antonio
Considering a San Antonio Adoption Agency?
And when you place or adopt in San Antonio through Abrazo, you gain a warm and loving adoption community that supports you throughout your adoption experience and for years to follow.The placing parents we serve live all over Texas, and those in San Antonio and surrounding communities typically benefit most from the many services Abrazo has to offer, like our friendly local staff, the free in-office counseling and the weekly birthparent support group luncheons. Abrazo’s caring staff is available to placing parents at all times, to answer questions, troubleshoot problems, or even provide support in labor & delivery. (But out-of-town clients are always welcome here, too, of course! Many even travel to San Antonio to attend Camp Abrazo, or the agency’s biennial Birthmother Homecoming retreats.)
Abrazo can provide moms in need of safe shelter with temporary housing in any part of town, and with transportation to all necessary appointments, too. Mothers placing babies through Abrazo typically deliver at quality hospitals in San Antonio, such as Methodist Children’s Hospital, University Hospital, North Central Baptist Hospital, Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, Christus Santa Rosa, Baptist Medical Center, Westover Hills Hospital, Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, St. Luke’s Baptist Hospital, or Texas Vista Medical Center (formerly Southwest General).
Abrazo adoptive couples from out of town travel to San Antonio an average of four times during their adoption process, making San Antonio truly their “home away from home.” They come for our Parents of Tomorrow Orientation Weekend, to meet with the expectant parents with whom they match, for placement, and for finalization at the Bexar County Courthouse. Abrazo’s host hotel is the Hyatt Place Airport/Quarry, and this extended stay suite hotel offers Abrazo’s clients a reduced rate of $99/night. (Even more generous discounts may be available for longer stays. Bonded babysitting services are also available for couples with children who may need childcare while in town.)
San Antonio’s cost-of-living is among the lowest of any urban area in the nation, and our climate is temperate, too. (Most of the time. Except in the summertime, perhaps.)There’s a reason Abrazo always tells folks “welcome home!” Because when you do an adoption in San Antonio here, we’re family, so you’re home! Want to get started on a San Antonio adoption? Call Abrazo at 1-210-342-5683 or in Texas, 1-800-454-5683
Here’s how Texas laws currently impact adoption in San Antonio:
- Abrazo can help expectant placing mothers with financial assistance for pregnancy-related needs, prior to birth and for a reasonable post-partum period
- Relinquishment decisions are restricted from happening for at least 48 hours after birth
- A voluntary paternity registry enables potential fathers to receive notice of pending adoptions if they register during pregnancy or up to 30 days after birth
- Properly-executed relinquishments in Texas are irrevocable if rendered to a licensed agency like Abrazo, making placement decisions more legally-secure.
- Open adoption agreements are voluntary and not legally-enforceable under currently-existing law