Help You Can Trust
Pregnant? Placing? Or considering adoption for a child or children already born?
You can call 1-800-454-5683 to talk with us anytime, day or night. Or text HELPME to 210-860-5683. Or fill out this CONTACT FORM to request to have adoption information sent immediately, by email or in a plain white envelope.
If you’re pregnant and need a doctor, we can help arrange prenatal care. Need a place to stay while you’re pregnant? We can help with that, too. If you’ve just given birth or you’re already parenting but wish you weren’t, it’s not too late to consider adoption through Abrazo. Want to talk with a counselor? We’ve got that covered, too.
If you need answers to questions right away about being pregnant or about adoption, find some here: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
Abrazo is the agency pregnant Texans and birthparents trust more, and here’s why: we put you first.
We don’t uproot pregnant women or require placing parents to move to another state just to use our services. We’re not pushy, either. You can meet with us whenever you feel ready, or we’ll come to you, if you wish. If you’re already in the hospital, no worries; we can be there as soon as you want us there. At Abrazo, this really is all about us being there for you (and your child. Before and after placement.)
- Abrazo is state-licensed, nonprofit and nationally-recognized, handling safe, legal, ethical adoptions since 1994.
- Abrazo can help you make a safe, confidential adoption plan any time before or after birth.
- Every prospective birthmom at Abrazo gets the free services of her very own private caseworker.
- Abrazo offers your choice of the best of already-approved adopting families.
- Abrazo empowers pregnant and placing parents to know their rights, and own their choices.
- Abrazo understands that even the best of plans can change, sometimes.
- Abrazo supports each mother’s right to be in control of her own birth plan.
- Abrazo welcomes all prospective birthparents, regardless of age, race, religion, addiction or record.
- At Abrazo, we don’t believe adoptions end with placement, because that’s just the beginning!
As allowed by law, Abrazo can help, during pregnancy & afterwards (if needed) with:
- Housing/rent assistance
- Obtaining Medicaid or medical coverage
- Finding you a doctor
- Groceries and nutrition
- Maternity clothes
- Open adoption options: keep in touch if you wish
- Private counseling before & after the adoption
- Transportation to/from maternity-related appointments
- Relocation if you need to live closer to Abrazo’s weekly support services
- Utilities (electricity & telephone)
- Post-adoption support
Placing A Child For Adoption
The point is that good people DO make adoption plans, just like you. To learn more about open adoption options at Abrazo, look over this page. To check out more resources for pregnant moms and prospective birthparents, click here. And to check out some of our waiting adoptive parent profiles, here. Or call us, at 1-800-454-5683. Or text HELPME to 210-860-5683. We’re here for you, and we’re ready to help.
Throughout history, responsible parents have turned to adoption when they wanted their child/ren to have more security and stability in life than they could offer, due to their lifestyle or age or economic circumstances. Baby Moses‘ first mom entrusted her infant son to a princess and adoption saved his life. Calamity Jane got pregnant by Wild Bill Hickok, history tells us, and adoption provided him the stable home life her lifestyle could not afford him. The world’s greatest thinker, Albert Einstein, and the woman he later married placed their firstborn daughter for adoption, shortly after he completed college. Singers Joni Mitchell and David Crosby are birthparents of children placed for adoption. Actress Kate Mulgrew became pregnant while working on the soap opera “Ryan’s Hope” and her pregnancy was written into the show until she left to give birth and place the baby for adoption. Comedienne Roseanne Barr had an unplanned pregnancy in her teen years, and adoption planning gave her child a more stable set of parents with whom to grow up. Rock star Ted Nugent has had both a son and a daughter who were each placed for adoption, and in 2011, soap star Jack Wagner reunited with his daughter, placed for adoption as a baby. Late computer guru Steve Jobs‘ birthparents married after his placement, and raised their next child (author Mona Simpson) together.
If you’re considering adoption for your baby or child, you’re in good company. (And you’ve come to the right place.)
Available Adoptive Families
Answers To Your Common Questions
What makes Abrazo the best agency choice for me?
What if I want my child to be adopted by someone of my own race?
What kind of financial help does your agency offer?
Does my baby’s father have to sign papers giving consent for an adoption to occur?
Making Your Adoption Plan
Available Adoptive Families
My wishes for an adoptive family were considered and I was consulted on every option. Abrazo has always made me feel special!
– Robin P., Wichita Falls, TX
Abrazo has a very special place in my heart. Without Abrazo, I would never have found such a wonderful couple for my baby (and I know they are the right parents for him!).
– Melissa T., Fort Worth, TX.
When you talk, they really listen. I trusted them to help and they did. I am glad I picked Abrazo for my adoption agency!!!
– Krystal M., San Antonio, TX.