Hoping To Adopt
For couples who have endured documented infertility and grieved those losses, pursuing adoption means graduating from “needing to have a biological child” to “wanting to be a parent” and we congratulate you if you’ve already gained that perspective. That’s the first step toward adopting successfully.
We’ve helped more than 1500 families adopt successfully, most within 6-12 months (or less). Abrazo’s full-service program primarily serves couples who:
- are over the age of 25
- have been legally-married for more than a year
- cannot conceive by any known means*
- are financially-sound and emotionally-stable
- are willing to commit to fully-open adoption, for their child’s best interests
Abrazo believes in full-disclosure open adoptions, in which the parents exchange identifying information and stay in touch over the child’s lifetime, because we believe this is best for children, promoting healthy adoption adjustment and identity formation.
Granted, not every prospective adopter likes this idea, nor our stringent standards and high expectations for the clients that we serve, but Abrazo’s commitment to the best interests of the children we place requires no less. (You’ll thank us, someday.)
Ready To Get Started?
Abrazo has a three-step admissions process, beginning with the preapplication, called the “AP Inquiry” form. If you’re interested in joining the Abrazo family and bringing a new son or daughter home through open adoption, please
- download and complete the inquiry form below, and mail it to Abrazo with a photo and the processing fee (or pay online, and email your form and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- if appropriate, we’ll forward the full application package to you for submission.
- upon application approval, you’ll be ready to join us for the final admissions step: attendance at one of our nationally-renowned Parents of Tomorrow orientation weekends (or receive expedited admission after completing equivalent online training during the duration of the Covid-19 pandemic).
Abrazo Placement Programs
The Designated (identified) program, for applicants with or without infertility who seek complete casework services for matches located through their own efforts, requires a fee payment of $9,500 upon admission, and a post-adoption fee payment of $9,500, due at time of placement.
The Promesa (special needs) program, for applicants with or without infertility who are seeking a special needs placement only, requires a fee payment of $7,500 upon admission, and a post-adoption fee payment of $7,500, due at time of placement.
Abrazo’s Promesa program facilitates hard-to-place cases (ie., children with documented and non-correctible medical disabilities known to the agency at time of placement, children over the age of five, and sibling groups of more than three.) Some special needs placements may also qualify adoptive families to seek state adoption subsidies; ask your homestudy worker for additional information regarding your state’s programs.
Answers To Your Common Questions
How “open” are open adoptions at Abrazo?
What does it cost to adopt through Abrazo?
How long does it take to adopt a baby through Abrazo?
Does Abrazo work with people from outside of Texas?
What does the agency fee cover? If a match falls through, can a couple continue in your program without additional fees to the agency? How long will you work with a couple for the initial fee?
Homework For Adopting Parents
“Parents Of Tomorrow” Orientation Weekends
Our entire Abrazo experience was fabulous! There is no way we can ever thank Abrazo enough for all they did to bring our son into our lives… we cannot tell people enough great things about Abrazo and what a blessing they truly are, but God knows!
– Jason & Jen L., Ames, IA.
Our journey to parenthood was so incredible, thanks to Abrazo, who was always there to help us and guide us every step of the way, Our son will always know of the wonderful, kind and caring people at Abrazo who made our family complete.
– Rich & Nancy G., Monroe Township, NJ.
Because of Abrazo, we stayed in contact with their birthmoms and their families. Because of Abrazo, we’re proud of our sons’ adoption stories and they’re proud of us, too. Because of Abrazo, we give their number to everyone we can. We highly recommend this agency.
– Kevin & Lisa P., Charlotte, NC.