Soul / Sole Support

Stork Central

Sabrina-- sanity is highly overrated!! Here's wishing you insanely-awesome date tonight! :lol:

P.S. Note to Teyler and Tyson: you be VERY good boys tonight, ok? so that Mommy's friend realizes how what little angels you are and offers to babysit ANYTIME Mommy has a date!! or at least 'til your mom decides to move to Texas so you can come over and play with Christian and Matthew when she's got special evenings planned.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ladies! You are all too sweet!

I am sure Teyler and Tyson will be just as wired as they always are!

Sabrina

"Single moms(and dads) need them to stay sane. Welll mayabe I should have said THIS single mom needs them to stay sane".

You were right the first time. Single Moms (and dads) need them to stay sane! I'm so glad that you are going out on a second date tonight!! I'll be sending positive vibes your way!!

Hugs,

jean

• 1 month later...

Hey-- y'all started a trend, and the media's just now caught on to it! Read it here, first: Single Mom Adoptions On the Rise. :D

Speaking of support...I want to THANK Jean and Nathan for a wonderful day at the zoo. It was such a blessing to connect with another family just like mine! Jean - You know I love you sister! And your amzing son too!

PS _ Big hugs for the warm welcome from MathaJ and Catherine - Gabe is still talking about his friends in San Antonio

Edited by HeidiK

Heidi, you lucky woman ... you got to meet two of the best Forum Friends! I've only met Martha and her family, but just from emailing with Jean, I know she's a wonderful person! I love meeting Forum friends ... they make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside! :wub: Congratulations on your finalization! :D Edited by weadoptedthree

Gabe wanted to take Catherine back to the hotel with him after our dinner! I wanted to take Parker home with me, but Grammie (Heidi's mom) wouldn't allow it!! LOL :P:P

Post those pictures soon! ;)

Hey-- y'all started a trend, and the media's just now caught on to it! Read it here, first: Single Mom Adoptions On the Rise. :D

We knew we were right on track....we were just waiting for everyone else to catch up to us! :P

Heidi,

I am so excited about your recent trip and your great story!

Kudos to you for reaching out and making the connection with Parkers birthparents!

Sabrina

Aka....S.A.M (Single Adoptive Mom)

The concept of single parenting is reflected throughout history, from the days of Moses being adopted by the Egyptian princess, through this nineteenth century children's poem:

If No One Ever Marries Me

If no one ever marries me -

And I don't see why they should,

For Nurse says I'm not pretty,

And I'm seldom very good -

If no one ever marries me

I shan't mind very much,

I shall buy a squirrel in a cage

And a little rabbit-hutch;

I shall have a cottage near a wood,

And a pony all my own

And a little lamb, quite clean and tame,

That I can take to town.

And when I'm getting really old,

(At twenty-eight or nine)

I shall buy a little orphan-girl

And bring her up as mine.

--Laurence Alma-Tadema

The concept of single parenting is reflected throughout history, from the days of Moses being adopted by the Egyptian princess, through this nineteenth century children's poem:

If No One Ever Marries Me

If no one ever marries me -

And I don't see why they should,

For Nurse says I'm not pretty,

And I'm seldom very good -

If no one ever marries me

I shan't mind very much,

I shall buy a squirrel in a cage

And a little rabbit-hutch;

I shall have a cottage near a wood,

And a pony all my own

And a little lamb, quite clean and tame,

That I can take to town.

And when I'm getting really old,

(At twenty-eight or nine)

I shall buy a little orphan-girl

And bring her up as mine.

--Laurence Alma-Tadema

Interesting poem. I am glad we live in a day and time/country where it is possible to own a cottage near a wood and the squirrel in the cage, etc. However the out of date words, "buy a little orphan-girl" made me cringe.

Jean

I thought the same thing when I read it! Thank goodness times have changed!

Thank goodness ...

I can live......in house in West Virginia...with a dog ....and tons of power rangers... and two gorgeous boys call my own :) !

Just remember, this poem probably predated America's orphan trains... but the sad truth is that children were bought and sold throughout world history, more often than even the history books probably admit! :(

Jean

I thought the same thing when I read it! Thank goodness times have changed!

Thank goodness ...

I can live......in house in West Virginia...with a dog ....and tons of power rangers... and two gorgeous boys call my own :) !

Yes you can!!! Praise the Lord!

Just remember, this poem probably predated America's orphan trains... but the sad truth is that children were bought and sold throughout world history, more often than even the history books probably admit! :(

And sadly, I'm afraid, continues to this day even more than anyone probably wants to admit. Such a travesty in history and the black market continuing through current day.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, ladies...(and men, if any of our single dads happen to be around): since I'm not dating at all (and Angela won't share the details of HER exciting lovelife with me, ha), here's a question to ponder, just for fun: how has becoming a parent changed your dating patterns (not just how often you go out, but with whom? when? or where)? Has parenthood altered your pool of suitable suitors in any way? Made any noticeable difference in your way of relating to the opposite sex? Changed your values in terms of mating? Let's dish! :lol:

Its been a very long time since I met a man ...babysitter worthy! I am NO help!

Edited by HeidiK

Pretty interesting! It's funny....because when I adopted I in no way wanted or was ready to date. I was just happy being mom...(which explains why I choose to adopt a second time).

I don't date a ton now, however, when I do...I am pretty guarded with my personal life. I have two boys and how I look at it I am raising two MEN! I try not to look at race but, the sad but true fact is....it is a factor. I am raising two BLACK MEN in todays society. So, with that being said I have to be very careful the type of people especially men I expose them to. I NEVER allow men to come to my house. I don't ever want my boys to think that mommy had a constant flow of men in the house. I don't allow the men I date to even meet my boys for quite some time....I am talking months. In the seven years I have been a mom...my boys have only met two men. I want to be happy and dating is fun. But, I take my role as a mom much more seriously. I want my boys to be exposed to healthy relationships. I have not found my prince charming...and until I do.....I will have to date in this way. The people that I have dated in the past few years have been just that....dates.! I am a single mom and as I have said before....it's nice to have conversation about things other than Legos and Power Rangers. I have found a man that can handle me and my two "men" yet...until I meet him it looks like I will be well versed in the language if Legosease! :P

Unless.......of course......COWBOY DENNIS likes to play with Legos and ........I'll stop right there! :P

Ahhhh...Cowboy Dennis!

Guess we don't have to wonder if you and your guys will be attending Camp Abrazo this year, huh?!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a treasure, for all our beloved single parents out there who have adopted: it's an award-winning radio documentary called Dear Birthmother. Give it a listen and share your thoughts!

Here's a treasure, for all our beloved single parents out there who have adopted: it's an award-winning radio documentary called Dear Birthmother. Give it a listen and share your thoughts!

I found it, but couldn't get it to play. I'll have to try later when I'm in more of a techno mode.

I loved the picture, though. What a precious little one and what a wonderful beginning for mom.

• 4 weeks later...

Well Hello there all my Single friends...I guess we are trend setters AGAIN Interesting reading...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/21/weekinre...amp;partner=AOL

Edited by HeidiK