Baby Announcements 2003

Stork Central

Break out the blue bubblegum cigars... it's another beautiful blue bundle for another of our favorite Forum families!

And with it, we close another chapter of Abrazo's 2002 orientation stories, as The DreamTeam 02, last May's weekend participants, now get to celebrate a whole year of dreams that truly did come true.

If you're still one of our "parents-in-waiting," here's proof positive that you're in the right place, and that it will happen, in good time. In the meantime, get your hearts and homes ready, and always remember... it's not "if?"...just "when!"

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D  I've been waiting alllllllll day for this post!!!!!!!I'm so thrilled for my fellow Dream Team 2002 families. A year ago I never would have thought that it would be possible for all of us to be parents by now,but a very wise lady told us not if but when. I'm so excited for this newest member of our group and can't wait to visit with him and his PROUD family in June!!!!Give him a hug and a kiss from his Tennessee friends!!!!

Love,

Melissa & Grace Ann

Dreams do come true!  Not always in the time or exact way we wish, but in His time and His way we have been so blessed! As I type this I am holding our precious blessing from above, Matthew Christian.  He was born on Friday, May 9th at 12:28 p.m..  He weighed 6 lbs 13 oz and was 18 inches long and he is the most BEAUTIFUL baby, perfect in every way.  He was welcomed home Monday evening by his big brother Jacob, who is totally in love with him.  Words cannot express the joy we feel right now and we want to thank the Abrazo Angels for helping us foster a match made in heaven. But most importantly we want to thank an amazing young lady and young man for making the most loving and courageous decision in choosing an adoption plan.  We will never be able to thank them enough for choosing us to be Matthew's parents.  We are honored and so blessed!

To all the couples and parents still waiting, keep the faith.  We are living proof that it's not if but when.  And even if the journey is long, the reward is sooooo worth it.

Blessings to all!

Dana, Glenn, Jacob & Matthew

Dana - what a truly wonderful post!  I am soooo happy for you all!  

Just FYI - if any parents-in-waiting are needing a little inspiration - you should definitely read Dana's story under "Adoptive Parents", "Tears, Fears, & Keeping the Faith", then "When the Cookie Crumbles".  I've just re-read it because I thought I remembered that you'd certainly experienced some challenges (and there was that sad post from Elizabeth shortly after Kayleigh was born about y'alls disruption....that post really got to me - I felt so overjoyed with my precious little one and then couldn't stop thinking about the pain you and your family were experiencing at that time - it didn't seem fair).  Anyway, the One up above always knows what He's doing and he sure had this plan in his sight - little Matthew was just meant to be Jacob's brother & yours & Glenn's son.

What a heart-warming story - what a happy family you all must be.  Congratulations!!!

Love,

Lisa, Kayleigh, & Lance Cornish

I have to tell ya'll, I've had the priviledge of meeting Matthew Christian and he is beautiful.  The most uncanny thing is that he looks just like his big brother, Jacob did at that age.  Jacob is so sweet with his new baby.  He holds him, hugs him, kisses him and calls him "my baby".  Dana and Glenn are amazing parents that will give their two sons a life of opportunities and love.  I am blessed to know them.

"...weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning..." Psalms 30:5

Joyfully announcing the recent homecoming of one special baby girl, placed in the loving arms of a thankful couple who'd previously endured the inexplicable loss of a child they'd hoped would forever be their son... and asking for your prayers, for God's continued blessing upon and protection of this deserving new family.

This special family has always and will always remain in my prayers!  We are so happy for M, M, and new baby girl! :D

We can't wait to hear all about her!

Much Love-

Doug, Jennifer, Miller, & Delaney

Guest Paul and Michelle D

"With darkness comes the dawn..."

Congrats!!  Hugs and kisses to the three of you with special prayers for the little boy and his family!  

Love,

The Dahlkes

Our Holiday Hopefuls of 12/02 are moving right along, as today, another of their weekend buddies found their dreams coming true! This childless San Antonio couple entered Abrazo's program just before Christmas, matched after Mother's Day and became parents right before Memorial Day, giving them the long holiday weekend to introduce their new son to his breathless new relatives. Congrats to the new mom, dad and baby-- with heartfelt thanks to the loving birthmom (and birthsibs) who made this all possible--and in the nicest possible timing, at that.

Once upon a time, a handsome prince brought the queen of his heart to Texas to attend Abrazo's 4/03 orientation weekend. It had been nearly a decade since the dragon of infertility had first reared its ugly head, but now, the royal couple was truly ready to become parents in a magical new way.

"Hark," said his fair maiden, "'tis only parents we long to be, thus curse the quest for fertility!!"

Yet, the prince secretly feared the untold dangers of the dark woods of the unknown, and worried that openness might evoke unwelcome gremlins or flying monkeys (or something). Could a special potion cure the problem? Whatever would they do? Which way would they turn?

"Have faith," the Abrazo adoption fairies assured them. "You have naught to fear but fear itself!!

And so it was, that against great odds, they set aside their worries and journeyed to the edge of the forest, where they found not darkness and danger but flowers and sunshine, the loveliest of birthfamilies, and one tiny blonde princess in need of a safe castle and a fairy tale future. So, the very month after they first journeyed into the land of Abrazo (and hitched their star to Bruce's Great 8 Posse), the prince and his beloved expanded their family to include one precious newborn and her dearest birthkin, as they became real-life Parents, forever and ever!

Here's to our newest success story... may all the folks involved live on happily ever after!! (The End.)

• 2 weeks later...

They were new to the Forum and "very close to an adoption" just days ago, and now, they are the proud parents of a lovely baby girl! Hearty congratulations to the latest of our success stories, graduates of Los Misionarios, our 2/03 orientation weekend.

And an enthusiastic "welcome aboard" to our newest mommies-and-daddies-to-be, the Junebuggies (or was it "Junebuddies"?), who came through our Parents of Tomorrow orientation just this very weekend--and finished with flying colors? Here's wishing them Godspeed, all (and lots of fun along the way to parenthood, as well.)

P.S. Thanks also to forumites Amanda, Melissa and Mary, for speaking on today's panel and sharing their stories with our newest Abrazo family members...  :)

Congratulations to the newest Abrazo family and the new Junebuggies.  That's too cute!  As always, it's not if, it's when and sometimes when is just around the corner!

CONGRATS!

Jean

• 2 weeks later...

About ten weeks and one "dress rehearsal" after orientation, another darling couple from the Bruce's Great 8 Posse (4/03) weekend is now celebrating their new roles as Mom and Dad, with the unexpected arrival of a precious 8 lb. baby boy! They'd thought they might be spending the weekend beachcombing with relatives at South Padre Island, or shopping for summer clothes in Dallas, but thanks to unanticipated phone calls, answered prayers and a whole lot of sunshine, they are home tonight adoring a brand new son, and we just couldn't be happier for them! For being right where we needed them to be right when we needed them to be there (and with love and thanks to one selfless and very sure birthmom) we send out best wishes to our newest favorite parents!!

Reading with goosebumps about the miraculous coming together of the newest Abrazo family reminds me of how amazing the entire process is.  Congratulations to the new mommy and daddy and God Bless the selfless birthmommy for her unselfish, courageous decision.

A big huge congratulations to the 2 Bruce's 8 Great Posse new parents (the one in June and the one in May) (that name just cracks me up by the way... ), and the Los Misionarios new family, and the Holiday Hopeful family from May.  

We are so happy to hear about the new families and hope you get a few minutes sometime to tell us how things are going and brag on your precious little bundle of joy (although 8 lbs - wow!  he is a big boy already!!!  I hope you didn't buy too many newborn size clothes)

Yippeeeee!!!!!

Lisa, Lance, & Kayleigh Cornish :D

• 2 weeks later...

We are the proud parents from the Los Misionarios orientation group.  Our daughter was born June 4 and weighed in at 8lbs. 11ozs.  She has been with us for one month already and the time has gone by so quickly.  She is the most beautiful, sweetest, happiest baby we have ever seen (but I guess we all say that).  She is growing and changing every day, and yes she is starting to outgrow her 0-3 months clothes already.  Thankfully, we didn't buy too many and had received some 3-6 months clothes (which are a little big but she'll grow into them real soon).  Oops, she just woke up from her nap so we have to go.  We'll write more later.

Lisa and Joe

Guest lkline

Our daughter's name is Jamie Lyn.  It's already going by so fast, she is already almost 6 weeks old and growing like a weed.  She changes everyday and is becoming more focused on our voices and faces.  She has even started to smile when we talk to her (real smiles, that is).  She is a darling, beautiful baby and we are so very happy.  Best wishes to those of you that are still waiting - it will happen one day and you'll look back and realize how quickly it came.

Lisa and Joe

• 3 weeks later...
Yippee-ayyy-aeeee!!! It's a new 'lil cowboy for another of our graduates of Bruce's Great 8 Posse of 4/03, meaning half of that illustrious group have become parents within three and a half months of that wild and wonderful weekend! Hearty congrats to our proud new ma and pa (and the loving birthkin who made this miracle happen)... and saddle 'em up, the rest of yous-still-waitins', because your turn lies ahead, just beyond the bend.

• 2 weeks later...

A friendly Forum welcome to the wonderful graduates of Abrazo's latest orientation weekend, The Five Abrazados, 8/03! This caring crew of childless couples is off and running, and just waiting to meet the birthparents (and children) of their dreams. We wish them Godspeed on their journey, as we do all our fabulous families-in-waiting. (Not if, but when? and here's to then!)

• 2 weeks later...

Just two months ago, they spent the weekend with us at orientation... just ten days ago, they spent the weekend at Camp Abrazo with their darling daughter (and one particularly beloved Forum grandma!), cuddling other folks' Abrazotots in the Baby Corral... and as of today, they are cradling one of their own, a precious little boy who entered the world just this past weekend! (And they couldn't have happened to a nicer baby!) Joyous salutations to our newest success story, this wonderful family who hail from the Junebuggies of 6/03... and Godspeed to all our other gonna-be's out there!