Baby Announcements 2003

Stork Central

Guest GrandmaGrandma
:) This is one of the happiest GrandmaGrandma's in the universe.  To hear (and see through the miracle of the digital camera )  Thank you for the support and help you have given them.(and me)  Thank you and a special prayer to the wonderful birth parents that made it possible!!! :D  :D  :D

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GrandmaGrandma

oops, once again I blew it... but to see this miracle baby in pictures in so awesome.  You'll have to excuse me, I'm flying about 100000000 miles high.  I have to wait until Friday to drive down to visit my new Grandson and it's just about killing me...  Thank you again for everything you all have done to make my daughter and son-in-law's (not to mention big sister's) dreams come true. :D  :D  :D

Hi Grandma Grandma,

Wow - your posts just really touched me - I just get goosebumps thinking back to the most wonderful day of our lives when our daughter Kayleigh joined us and remember how a million miles high I was on that day - thank you for bringing back that feeling with your sweet words and most of all - Congratulations to you and your special families.

Happy Grandma-ing to you!!

Lisa, Lance, & Kayleigh Cornish :)

THINK PINK! They were gearing up for snails and pails and puppy dog tails, but the adoption process is full of surprizes and this week, an excited Texas couple joined their birthmom in the delivery room to greet not a son but a brand new daughter! Hurrah for these graduates of Bruce's Great 8 Posse and the new, proud big sis! And best wishes to all our 4/03 orientation grads, who moved one family closer to group completion today, with this placement of yet another beautiful baby girl.

BOY-OH BOY-OH BOY, it's another BOY for another of our againers, as these graduates from the 2/03 orientation, Los Misionarios add a second son to their Texas family tree. May he grow up strong and steady, proud of his roots and sure of his wings; may his life honor those who made life's greatest choices on his behalf, and may he stand tall in the light of the Lone Star, always. Heartiest salutations to this fine young fella and his happy new family, and our loving commendations to the birthcouple who made it all happen.

The first time they came to Texas, they were childless, hopeful and scared--but this time, they're leaving Texas as proud parents, pinching themselves to be sure it's for real (since they just found out they were coming back to pick up their newborn son a little over 24 hours ago!!) Nonetheless, they hung up the phone, jumped on a plane and became a first-time mom and dad right away!  Congratulations to these elated Junebuggies of 6/03, and kudos to all who made this happen: one loving birthmom, a very supportive birthaunt, and also, Abrazo's willing weekend workers (who forfeited fun in the sun, to ensure this family's begun!!) Go, team!

Oooooh....sure brings back memories!!!!!  

Huge congratulations to the very happy new family and his birthmom and birthaunt are sure in our thoughts and prayers - what special people they are.

Hope to hear more from y'all (there's a great topic on here called Joyous Journeys if you have a few spare minutes to share some news on your little guy (what's his name?  how much does he weigh?  how are you doing?)

Love,

The Cornish's

• 3 weeks later...

Shower singers, unite in chorus! as yet another lucky couple from our 4/03 orientation, Bruce's Great 8 Posse took placement today, granting them the best possible reason to be bursting with song and sweet lullabies!

It's "California, Here I Come" for this newborn, redheaded daughter of two proud mommas, two supportive pappas and one grown birthsister who played a big part in making it all "Come Together".* Here's hoping these new kin will be joyfully singing "We Are Family" at the top of their lungs for many wonderful years to come. Because as we all know, "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes." And that's what drives our staff to work so diligently to bring this about, for all who put their faith in us and let us do our best for them.

*Special thanks, too, to the Forum member who referred her relatives to Abrazo and supported them throughout their brief journey with us!

Hallelujah! Just one month after attending our 8/03 orientation, the first of The Five Abrazados have been blessed with their firstborn, and this precious new baby girl is, truly, heavensent! Lifted on wings of prayer by their church, this couple found their way to Abrazo with a bit of divine intervention via one very special Forum member (you know who you are!) Daunted by the costs of adopting, their church family graciously pitched in, unaware that the Good Lord already had a miracle in store for them. With the help of many angels along the way and across the country, He has surely brought His purposes to pass! We thank God for His guidance and providence, for His loving watch over both the birthcouple and adopting parents, and for His gift of this special new daughter for this dear and deserving young family. (Amen!!)

Psalms 127:3, 128:1-6: "Children are a gift from God, they are His reward... blessings on all who trust the Lord and obey Him. Their reward shall be prosperity and happiness. Your wife shall be contented in your home. And look at the children! There they sit around your dinner table, vigorous and healthy.... That is God's reward to those who revere and trust Him. May the Lord continually bless you with heaven's blessings, as well as human joys. May you live to enjoy your grandchildren!"

These baby announcement posts are always so touching and without a doubt, my all-time favorite thing about the Forum!!  However, this last one sure does take the cake - what a moving and inspirational story this couple has to share with their child someday.  It was one that gave me goose bumps and sure put a smile on my face when I read it!!

Congratulations y'all - We're so blessed to be able to witness these miracles happen right before our eyes.

-Lisa, Lance, & Kayleigh :)

• 2 weeks later...

To be sung to the tune of "The Barney Song":

They were two,

Now they're three,

What a happy family!

Can their Forum friends guess who these people are?

Texans, headed home by car.

Yup, that's right! One of our more recent additions to the Forum has a new addition of their own: a baby boy who joined the world this past weekend and joined their family just today, with a proud aunt and great-grandparents present to welcome him, as well! They've come a long way in just 7 weeks or so (and was it really just last week that they'd worried about not getting any birthparent phone calls yet? Go figure!) To our latest Abrazados (8/03) to become "parentados," congratulations! Here's wishing you happy trails, as you travel the highways and byways of life together.

Guest Garden of Hope

WOW what a wonderful story.  (Like the song, too, Elizabeth!  A lady of MANY MANY talents!!;)  

Congratulations to the newest Abrazo family!

Congratulations to the new parents!!!

Now, fortunately, the Abrazados Orientation group graduates have probably had the most plentiful and active forumites in quite awhile so it's been loads of fun reading all their posts and getting to follow along with them during the wait.  Unfortunately - this makes it awful hard to figure out WHO YOU ARE!!  So - it's either cgrace, S&L, Geddy, or Varnavi - and heck if I can figure out which one....so pllllleeeease someone check in so we know who is on top of the world at the moment (and by the way - you kinda stay that way for quite awhile, so don't plan on coming down from cloud 9 anytime soon).

-Lisa

We are the parentados (nice word Elizabeth) of the beautiful (I suppose I should say handsome) Samuel Blake Gavin Barritt.  (Angela, I got my way)  He was born Friday night in Corpus Christi weighing a healthy 7 lbs. 11 oz. and stretching out to 19 inches.  His wonderful birthmommy named him Blake Gavin and we could do nothing but add to her legacy with a favorite name we've held close to our hearts for a while.  We're home tonight, about 3 hours now, and  settling in.  Cats are a bit crazy, but they'll get over it.

He eats well.  He sleeps well.  He's strong.  He is a blessing.

Will give more detail when I have more time (and more sleep, ha ha).

Thanks for the well wishes.  Our orientation group is cruising right along and have been a great support to us and each other.  You'll be seeing more of them here soon!!!!!

Love,

Robert, Christina, and Samuel

Oh I'm all teary!!!!!  Christina - I am sooooo happy for y'all!  And Samuel's name is truly gorgeous!!!  I love every one of them - they just flow and sound beautiful!

We have 3 cats and although Kayleigh disrupted their routine just a bit in the beginning (who am I kidding, she still disrupts their routine which consists of sleeping wherever they please...the sunnier the spot, the better) and they ended up just completely ignorning Kayleigh - as though she didn't even exist.  That worked for awhile until she really noticed them (this all happened about a month or so ago) and let me say, I never see her crawl as fast as she does when she sees the "kitties" - she's like lightening!  They're not quite as enthusiastic as she is to make contact so they skeedaddle off and up (I don't know what poor little doggies do if babies chase them, at least the kitties have somewhere to go and observe from high up out of her reach).

The sleep part, you'll get used to.....or at least I did.  And it doesn't last very long - about 3 months (give or take depending on Samuel's sleeping habits).

Anyway, we're so so so so so happy to hear from you and to hear y'alls news and I wish all 5 of you all the best (you, Robert, Samuel, & his birthmother and birthfather).

-Lisa

Christina, Robert, and little baby Samuel,

Yeah!  Yeah!  Yeah!!  We are so excited and happy for you!!! He sounds just perfect! What a beautiful name!  Enjoy every moment of it!  And sleep schmeep,  you can always catch up on it. You have a BABY!!!!!

Ok, two down and three to go (or did it just turn into 2?)!  Fingers crossed for everyone!

A big hug, kiss, and a prayer for the birthmom and birthfather.

Keep us posted!

Lisa

Christina

It was so great to see you two; I'm so sorry I missed Samuel but hope to see you all at a reunion sometime next year.  As Lisa said, it may be down to 2 now...rumblings of another one.  Anyway, you are truly blessed and we are so happy for you.  

S&L

The stork was working overtime last night, as yet another of The Five Abrazados (8/03) moved from the ranks of Parents-In-Waiting to parents for real!, thanks to the maturity and selflessness of a teen mom and her supportive family members who'd settle for nothing less than the best for this much-loved baby girl. Kudos to all five of our August families, who have prepared so well for the adoption process that their new sons and daughters are getting home in record time! (Our enduring thanks, also, to the wonderful birthparents who make it all possible--for the kids' sake.)

Speaking of wonderful, say hello to Abrazo's newest orientation graduates, the Croptoberfest Crew of 10/03, who spent this weekend with us!! There is (of course) an inside story behind this "creative" group name, so inquiring minds, watch for our newbies on the Forum to find out how it came about!   ;)

Fellow Abrazado!

Congratulations!!!  A little baby girl!!!  We are so excited for you!  Enjoy every moment!

Smiles, hugs, kisses, and a prayer for everyone including the birthmom and birthfather and their families.  You have done something so completely incredible!

Sorry we missed you this weekend as well fellow abrazado!

Lisa