Baby Announcements 2004

Stork Central

Their completed inquiry had reached the office just days before our last orientation, a wee bit too late! But in the nearly a month since, they completed all their other paperwork and a homestudy, too, and thus it became obvious that this motivated couple could offer the perfect home for a special baby boy already waiting in foster care. The proof came today, when they came to meet their tiny new son for the very first time! and recognized in a heartbeat that he was, in fact, the perfect answer to their prayers, too. So loving congratulations go out to our latest success story whom you'll meet at Camp Abrazo this summer-- because as everyone knows, there's no better place to celebrate family than with our Family!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Angie(not logged in)

When is the next scheduled orientation? What exactly do we need to do to be invited to attend? We successfully adopted our son through Agape in July of 1999. We have been on the "list" since 2001 for a second child, with no luck. Thanks in advance for the information! smile.gif

Hi Angie,

There is a topic on here with the 2004 Orientation Dates - go to:

Adoptive Parents-> Looking to Adopt->Orientation Weekends (the ifs, whens, whats)

The first thing to do is to fill out an Adoption Inquiry Form (go to Abrazo's Homepage and there should be a link on how to download it) and send it in to Abrazo. Someone will likely call you to discuss some things and if all goes well, you're invited to the Orientation Weekend and on your way. I do know though that Abrazo will only work with people who are just working with Abrazo (i.e. you wouldn't be able to still be on a list or work with Agape). I would say the best thing you could do at this time is (even before filling out an inquiry form) is to give them a call (let's see, I used to have the number memorized, let's see if I still do 1-210-342-5683 (nope, had to look it up...guess it's been awhile since I called them)). They are really easy to talk to, very knowledgeable and can answer whatever questions you have (I remember I was really nervous about calling them the first time and I shouldn't have been - they are just a great group of girls who work there - every single one of them!). They'll be able to explain their program to you and requirements, etc. So - that's what I'd do if I were you, give them a call first - then if you're still interested, send in the inquiry form - then hopefully you'll be at one of their upcoming Orientations and you'll be parents again before you know it!

-Lisa

Guest Angie(not logged in)

Lisa, Thanks so much for all the information! I am going to look up the orientation dates right now. smile.gif Hope to share our next adoption story soon! Angie

• 3 weeks later...

All hail Croptoberfest! With today's placement of a newborn boy in West Texas, our 10/03 orientation weekend graduates are all now parents, and less than a year after they came onboard. And with a coach as his new daddy and a schoolteacher for Mom, this newest Abrazobabe is sure to have his shooting skills, ABCs and 1-2-3s down before he's even out of diapers. Congratulations to the new mom and dad, to the birthcouple who brought about this miracle, and to all our Croptoberfesters out there, who proved, once again, it wasn't ever about "if?" but merely a matter of "when!"

An old camp song reminds us to "make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold." This weekend, we're honored to welcome back to Texas one of our "golden oldies," a particularly brilliant woman who just happens to be a Midwestern physician and single mom of four-- well, make that five! now, with the adoption of her third Abrazobabe! She drove down with one of our favorite grandmas, two sons and one daughter, to make another baby girl part of her forever family, and we congratulate her, her supportive family, her selfless birthmom (also a single parent) and her new baby's birthgrandma, on finding each other and launching a lifetime friendship on behalf of the lucky little girl they all already love so. Here's to strong moms with such commitment to children (from an agency blessed to have both "silver and gold" connections with so many such women!)

• 3 weeks later...

biggrin.gif Hello Everyone!

We have exciting news! We are parents! Our birthmom delivered on July 23 at 10:11 pm. We have a beautiful baby girl named Meghan Ranae Gomez. She weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. and was 18 1/2 inches long.

I made it to Corpus Christi a few hours after delivery and Jerry made it here the following morning. It has been a whirlwind since Friday, but us and baby Meghan are doing great. The hospital has been wonderful to us and we have been able to spend a lot of time with her in the nursery. All paperwork was signed this morning and Meghan should be discharged from the hospital Tuesday or Wednesday.

Please continue to pray for us now that we are starting our parenthood journey and soon our trip back to New Mexico. Hope all is well with you and keep posting so we all know what is going on.

Jerry, Robin, & Meghan

Yes, today was a busy day here in Abrazoland, as two of our couples moved from the "childless" column to the ranks of "New Parents!" One, from the Fab Nine of 1/04, are now the proud mom and dad of a tiny three pound boy bound to be a linebacker one day! and the other is our first family from the Tremendous Ten of 5/04, who now have a darling daughter to dote on. And they're both active on the Forum, so stay tuned; you're bound to see baby photos posted soon! Our heartfelt congratulations to both families and their precious new babes, and our prayers for the birthfamilies who made such big choices for their little ones' futures (and last of all, kudos to the two devoted staffers who volunteered to make the trip to complete both deliveries right on the heels of a long Camp Abrazo weekend.) Here's to new beginnings!!

Santa Fe is known for Indian artistry, extraordinary Southwestern cuisine, and now, a beautiful new baby girl, lovingly placed by her birthfamily in the arms of a grateful, previously-childless couple from our 3/04 orientation, The Forrestears. May she grow up healthy and happy in the mountains of New Mexico, secure in the knowledge of who she is and how she came to be there, and surrounded for life with the love of both families who adore her so! Our best wishes to all.

Psst! The word is out: things are hopping in Houston!! The Abrazo staff has been busy working overtime, and as a result, another couple from The Fab Nine (1/04) have another little reason to celebrate, having just become a mommy and daddy for the first time, this past weekend! so if Forum regulars notice a slow down in posts from a certain household down south, it's because they have somebody else keeping them up nights, these days! And that's not all: another Houstonite, a single professional who called last fall with a dream of parenting now has a newborn son to celebrate, just weeks before she was slated to attend orientation. Congratulations to both our newest families! Now keep these 5 magic words in mind, new parents: sleep when the baby sleeps! Here's wishing y'all joyous beginnings-- and plenty of rest, as well.

A special B.O.G. requires a special family, and Abrazo searched the country to find just the right folks for this little princess... all the way to Idaho! The proud parents of two sons already, they were just waiting for the baby girl that was meant to complete their family, and they are tickled pink to have found her in the Lone Star State! A friendly Texas "howdy!" to this newest addition to the Abrazo ranks... and our best wishes to two proud new big brothers, for whom life is never, ever going to be the same!

Everyone knows that at any good amusement park, the rollercoaster is the best ride of all, and the more twists and turns, the better! For our newest set of parents, the ride may have seemed shorter than most, given that it lasted less than a trimester from orientation to placement day, but the good news is that the ride doesn't really end with placement-- because parenting is just the beginning and it's truly a lifelong adventure! So it is that we hail our latest lucky baby and her elated new mommy and daddy, graduates of the Tremendous Ten, 5/04 (with loving thoughts going out, as well, to one dear birthmom whose personal sacrifice resulted in the answering of another's prayers.) May your years together be blessed in every way, and may the God who led you to each other continue to see you through every one of life's highs and lows.

Congratulations to all the new mommies and daddies! For the most recent ones stork central is right off on roller coaster ride onto another! Give us a call when you settle in and we'll be right over to meet her! Congratulations again!!

I also wanted to give congratulations to all the new mommies and daddies too (as well as their special little Abrazo babies!)

But - as I know who this most recent Abrazo baby's parents are - I especially wanted to wish you all a very special congratulations - I am ecstatic for you and I know you are just over the moon with your little princess! I just can't wait to hear all about her and especially am hoping for a photo or two!

Yay!!!!!

Lisa tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...
It's a bouncing baby boy! for the latest of our Tremendous Ten (5/04) to join Abrazo's happy parenting club! His caring birthmom even invited his new mom and dad to be present for the birth, so this beloved fella came into the world welcomed by three excited parents who just couldn't wait to meet him. Best wishes to all, and especially to this precious new little guy-- who surely won't stay little for long. smile.gif

The Tremendous Ten (5/04) will surely be tickled pink to learn of their group's latest success story, the touching tale of a young midwestern couple who first came down south for orientation, returned in July to meet their birthmom and her daughter for Camp Abrazo, then came back to spend this past weekend in San Antonio, to celebrate the birth of their beautiful new baby girl--who is being baptised this very afternoon, with her loving birthmom standing in as godmother! May God bless the new beginnings of their lives together.

And welcome, as well, to our latest, greatest orientation graduates, the Woo Woo Parenthood Club of 8/04, who are home recovering from a wild and crazy weekend of learning and fun. The Woo Woos are so ready to take on new job titles of "Mom" and "Dad," they've even got their own "group cheer" (which really impressed local restaurant patrons on Saturday night.) We all look forward to seeing these folks move into new family roles! then return to Camp next year to show off all their new sons and daughters. Bienvenidos, y'all!

And another B.O.G. blessing for another of the Tremendous Ten (5/04), as a local couple moved heaven and earth in a matter of hours to meet their new daughter and her young birthmom, a teen who hid the pregnancy from friends and family in order to protect the plan she knew in heart would be best for her baby's future. Bless our birthmoms, who truly do make miracles happen, and the waiting families who make lifelong dreams come true for children in need... because, after all, the littlest ones are what it's all about!

biggrin.gif Wow!

I don't get on the forum for a couple of days and so much has happened! Congratulations to our two newest set of parents for our fellow Tremendous Ten. We couldn't be more excited for you! You will all make wonderful parents. I had goose bumps as I was reading the birth announcements. And both baby girls too! Let me tell you from experinece that baby girls are as sweet as sugar. Take care and when you all have a chance we want details!

Robin

Wowie zowie! It's baby number one for the first of the Woo Woo Parenthood Club!! (circa 8/04) as a gorgeous, blonde-haired baby boy met his very excited new mommy and daddy at Abrazo this morning (and one of his proud new grandparents as well... while the others listened in on conference call as the tiniest member of their family made his debut.) It was a beautiful, touching moment, made complete by tears of joy and a special word of prayer offered by Abrazo's foster family, and followed by a thank-you call to one very dear birthmom, who made it all possible. We salute our latest family for getting a zillion things done to be here in time for their adorable new son, and we eagerly await the rest of the Woo Woos' return. (Helpful hint: get those homestudies done and those profiles in, because your babies are coming, too, and it's not "if?" but "when!")

Some folks will go to the ends of the earth to find the child of their dreams, and so it is for our latest set of new parents, members of The Forrestears of 3/04, who flew from their home in Germany to Texas to take placement of their long-awaited baby girl! whose dear birthmom has generously provided them with opportunity to practice their parenting skills on her other three children (who appear pretty impressed with their birthsister's new mom and dad, as well!) We send loving thoughts to both families and wish them all peace, unity and worldwide happiness, globally related kinfolk that they now are!

Againers know that the "second time around" does generally take longer, since so many birthparents seek to place their little ones in childless homes where they can be the "firstborn"... but for the latest family from our Tremendous Ten (5/04) to return for number #2, their wait was remarkably brief, as the Good Lord deemed them "ready already" to welcome a 5 lb., 2 oz. son into their home and lives just 14 weeks after they came back onboard. Thank heaven for little boys... for loving birthparents and for the faithful mommy, daddy and new big sister who took one home from Abrazo just today.

biggrin.gif Congratulations to our newest parents in the Tremendous Ten! What a blessing! Isn't God wonderful! When things settle down a bit we expect pictures. I hope the big sister is enjoying her new baby brother.

Take Care, Robin

"Take me out to the ballgame, take me out to the crowd! Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks, I don't care if I ever come back! 'Cuz it's root, root, root for the home team..." It was a doubleheader at Abrazo today, with some Pirate fans from the 'Burg returning to the field after a 5 year delay, making a big brother of their firstborn!... and across the dugout, we're proud to announce, it's another baby boy for an ecstatic young military couple from the WooWoo Parenthood Club, 8/04 who were sitting in orientation dreaming of this day just three short weeks ago! We celebrate both these latest "home runs" and offer both "teams" jubilant five highs! (Now: for those out there who are still in the ranks of parents-in-waiting, batter up! because with Abrazo, the bases are always loaded!! Play ball!)