Baby Announcements 2004

Stork Central

Hello Everyone!

Yes, we received our baby boy in his yellow blanket that I had started crocheting at the orientation in June. William "Pearce" Mullins was born on August 27, 2004, weighing a whopping 5 pounds 2 ounces. His big sister was there to welcome him into the family. She wasn't all that patient as we signed paperwork. She kept asking "Where's my baby?" and "Where's my baby brother?" Erin was the first to see him, hold him and feed him. We go the phone call on 9/1 and took placement on 9/3. For now the b-parents want a closed adoption but we are praying that they change their minds. But for now, we are adjusting to being back home in Shreveport.

Kristy

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kristy & Patrick

congrats on the arrival of William Pearce. What a wonderful bit of news to hear this Monday morning. I was just reviewing how many of our Tremendous Ten have already taken placement. It's nice to hear that another "againer" has successfully taken placement. Our time is coming too.

We are excited for you and your daughter. Have a good time. Give that little bundle a big kiss from us.....Pamela, Tom, & Nathan !!! biggrin.gif

pkk

Dear Kristy, Patrick, and Erin,

I love the name you have chosen for your son. It's beautiful. My son's birthmother also chooses not to have any contact. You are not alone, but I understand the longing to connect with your child's birthparent.

Congratulations!

Congratulations to all our Tremendous 10 buddies who've placed over the last few weeks - Brian & Nicole, Steve & Sophie, and Patrick & Kristy. Scott and I are so thrilled for you. I know you will cherish every moment of these little ones' early days, as we have with our darling Jenna. They go by so quickly! Be sure to post or send us photos when you have them (Steve & Sophie - thanks for posting the cutie picture of Stevie! She's a doll!!).

Love,

Linda

Ahhh, the benefits of membership! This week, our agency got a call from a hospital social worker researching options for a patient who'd just delivered and needed to make adoption plans.

The mom in question had just one simple request; she wanted her child to go to a loving Texas family who could be ready right away! Agency staff rushed into action, but had only one problem: given these busy summer months, our present parents-in-waiting were all either living out of state, or not yet homestudied!! What to do? Where to turn? The Forum, of course, where one of our wonderful Texas families had recently mentioned their hopes of adopting again after finalizing the placement of their firstborn! A phone call was made, a homestudy update and paperwork were completed, and today, Forumites who began this week as a family of three are now four, as they leave the hospital with one beautiful new daughter.

Congratulations to these folks who had the faith to move mountains, to the birthmom whose courage and vision made all the difference, and to the sweet baby girl now blessed with both!

Superior service and networking; that's Abrazo all over. What a wonderful announcement and definitely engineered by God that this precious little girl went to the forever family He intended!

The post was reminiscent of my BOG. Hospital social worker with Abrazo connection, call from Kelly .................... and the rest is glorious memories! Praise God!

Hello Forumites,

Our fellow Abrazados (Aug 2003) know about us already, but thought we'd clue you into the most recent placement.

Robert and I took placement of Abigail Jennivah (pronounced Geneva) Friday afternoon just 49 weeks and 3 days after taking placement of Samuel.

Her vital stats are: Born Tuesday, September 14, weighing 7 lbs. 4 oz. and measuring 20 inches long. For those keeping count, that makes her 7 ounces less than Samuel but 1 inch longer.

For the full story, go to "Joyous Journeys" and "Becoming A Family of Four".

Christina (Robert, Samuel and Abigail)

PS Thanks to all who refrained from pointing out that I didn't even know what day Tuesday was (had the date as the 16th) or that I shorted Samuel a whole inch. What a ditzy Mom I've been the last few days, but for a very good reason!

Edited by cgrace

Dear Christina,

I remember not so long ago your first post full of anxious anticipation and questions. What a difference a year makes! Congratulations on the newest member of your family. What an awesome blessing. God has worked another miracle using the faithful to help carry it out. I am so very happy for you and your family. I look forward to the pictures to come!

Jean

• 2 weeks later...

Everything happens for a reason. It's one of those platitudes spoken by well-meaning folks when senseless things happen, and rarely offers true comfort to those it's said to... yet, there is a certain truth to it, which never becomes more real than at placement! Such was the case for our newest set of parents, graduates of the Tremendous Ten of 5/04. They'd matched with what seemed to be the perfect case, and built a tender relationship with the birthmom and her family, only to have hopes crushed just weeks ago, when the birthdad, who'd previously voiced approval for the adoption plan, abruptly changed his intentions and joined his mother in a quest for custody only days before the due date.

After countless prayers and tearful discussions, the adopting couple withdrew from that match... but today, they are proud parents of a beautiful baby girl, born to another birthcouple, who were so impressed with our adoptive couple that after their first phone conversation this weekend, the birthfather himself made the call to invite them to parent his new daughter! Praise God, from whom all babies flow, and many blessings on both these sets of parents, that their life paths may be sun drenched, and lovingly entwined happily ever after.

Just as Prince Charming searched the countryside for the one special girl who fit the glass slipper, Abrazo searched the nation for just the perfect parents for two little princesses in need of a forever family, and we found them in the Windy City, of all places! So today, tears of joy were shed in our office as our twin baby girls met their new mommy and daddy for the first time. Many thanks to the Illinois agency who helped us find this extraordinary family; to our foster family, Hugo and Gloria, who took such loving care of the babies in the meantime; and most of all, heartfelt thanks to the dear birthmom who dreamt of this fairy tale ending for her daughters and to the regal couple who made it all possible, by being more than ready and willing to move mountains of paperwork in record time to make it happen! The stars will surely shine brighter tonight, because in San Antonio today, dreams truly did come true.

Calling all WooWoos! Given the awesome assortment of folks they were at orientation , we knew they'd all be turning into success stories before long, and sure enough! just today, another of The Woo Woo Parenthood Club, 8/04, have proudly added "Mommy" and "Daddy" to their job titles, with their placement of a simply darling newborn girl! They may not have much time left over for Forum postings now, as they settle in with their new daughter, but we're glad they got acquainted with the Forum family right from the start and we wish them the happiest of new beginnings as they (and their lovely birthmother) launch an enduring friendship on behalf of one very blessed little babe.

Two months ago, they were just weary travellers who arrived at orientation late, having been directed to the wrong hotel. Given the many stressors they'd already endured along the way through fertility and adoption, it seemed like a crisis, at the time. Was it a sign? Was every effort they made towards parenting to be thwarted by one thing or another? Would they ever really be anybody's mom and dad or was that too awesome a dream to truly hope for? Today, this faithful Georgia couple from the Woo Woo Parenthood Club, 8/04 took home a tiny pink answer to their prayers, a little angel weighing in at 5 lbs., 15 oz. Here's to being "in the right place at the right time," even when it feels like a leap of faith! Because sometimes those are the memories that become the sweetest ones of all.

With two Texas-born, Abrazotots already filling their home with the sights and sounds of boys on the grow, these graduates of the Junebuggies orientation weekend of 6/03 had their hearts set on a girl, and they were more than willing to wait for just the right addition to their already busy family. Meanwhile, the agency was searching for the perfect family for a delightful birthcouple who had three children already and were looking for just the right home for their baby on the way. It took awhile, but fate led them to each other, and now, they're all just glad they took their time, as their long-awaited newborn daughter is being passed lovingly between couples and admired by all. We salute both families for their patience and thank them both for their enduring faith in the process which promises such a bright, happy future for the little girl they both love so.

Guest GrandmaGrandma(not logged in)

As the Grandmother for 2 wonderful grandchildren (one helped to his parents's arms by Abrazo) in the JuneBuggies group, I like to say congratulations! I've been waiting to hear the good news!

Congratulations to our newest orientation graduates, the Sweetest Daze, who just got home from a wild and wonderful weekend and distinguished themselves as being the first orientation group ever in which all the husbands got down on bended knee to serenade their adoring wives for Sweetest Day! It was very romantic-- now keep those fires burning!!

One of the Sweetest Daze couples, of course, did not return home promptly; they're still in San Antonio, having officially taken placement today of their own personal miracle, a tiny baby boy! Here's to coming to orientation with their homestudy already completed and a profile that matched perfectly the wishlist of the brave birthmom who wanted a better life for her child and knew exactly what kind of family would fit most ideally. Timing is everything, and we wish this little fella and both of his families a lifetime of joy and happiness together. Vaya con Dios!

Now that's what I call quick! What a wonderful whirlwind it must have been and still is for the lucky first couple to match and place all in a matter of days!! Congratulations! From the Parents of Tomorrow to the Parents of TODAY in a matter of hours. Amazing!

Way to go, Abrazo!

Wow! How exciting for everyone involved. Congratulations to the new parents, what a surprise! We are coming to November orientation and we are hoping for such quick results! Wouldn't our five year old son at home be surprised to see us coming off the plane with a new sibling! I know that it will all happen when its supposed to happen! Congratulations again to all involved!

Brenda, Mike and Gabe

• 2 weeks later...
"California, here we come! Right back where we started from..." If you listen really carefully, you'll hear the strains of this lullabye being lovingly sung by Abrazo's newest parents, to their new baby boy, as these graduates of the Sweetest Daze, 10/04 wait patiently for Interstate Compact approval. It's a wait they're happy to endure, however, having waited a year in California for a baby to love, before coming to Abrazo one month ago! (And having been married more than 10 years, this baby boy is truly a long-awaited addition to their family, indeed.) But the best things in life are worth waiting for, as they say, so we'll wait patiently for their return to Texas for Number #2... same time next year?! Congratulations, y'all!

Happy Halloween Weekend! It's nine down and one to go, as today, another of the Tremendous Ten (5/04) returned to Abrazo to meet their precious new baby girl, making one very proud big brother of one handsome little guy who, up to now, had Mom and Dad all to himself! We ask God's blessing on this new family of four and the birthmom and her family whose faith and courage made it all possible! Here's wishing them a joyous future full of many happy memories made together... eh?