Baby Announcements 2004

Stork Central

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO A HAPPY NEW FAMILY!!  

Just six months after orientation, the last of our Abrazados (8/03) to take placement have become the first to become parents in 2004! (Meaning all our dear Abrazados saw their dreams come true in less than 180 days.) The adoptive couple was referred by alum who'd adopted with us twice before, while the birthmom was led here by a relative who'd placed with Abrazo several years back; many thanks to both!

Here's wishing these fledgling parents, their newborn daughter and her loving birthfamily much peace and joy in the year that lies ahead... and best wishes, as well, to all our friends and families: past, present and future!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!  I kept looking on the forum all day to hopefully hear the good news!  I am so excited and happy for you all!  I hope you had your sleep in earlier!!!!  I can't wait to hear the story of how everything happened!!!

A big thanks and a hug for the birthfamily!  Out of so much pain comes such wonderful things!  I know you have made a couple that could not have a child on thier own so happy!

Ok, so our group is complete  ---  or until we do it again!!!!!

Lisa V

(Andrew's Mom)

Yeah yeah yeah! We are so incredibly happy for you guys. What a wonderful feeling to know that all the Abrazados now have babies at home to cuddle and love. Our daughter, Jordan, is already 3 months old (yesterday). She is growing up way too quickly, and I find myself wishing time would slow down. Being her mom is absolutely the most amazing thing I've ever done. Hello to all the Abrazados!

Nichole

All hail the Forum folk! You launched our newest family's miracle last February, when a military couple posted their first question here, and got a host of friendly responses.  

With your encouragement, they attended orientation two months ago, and today, the first of The Peterectors (11/03) became a forever family, with the placement of their new baby girl!! And the timing could not have been more precious, given that the adoptive daddy has been called up and leaves for Iraq this month.

The majority of our Peterectors are already matched, as well, and waiting on their new sons and daughters... what a way to start the new year. Congratulations, all!! and to those who are still-in-waiting, keep the faith, because your turn, too, shall come.

I have goose bumps!  What an awesome blessing Abrazo is to everyone associated with it.  Two placements in 10 days.  Miraculous and the fast matching, amazing.  May God bless these new families and birthfamilies as they begin their lives together.  And may God continue to guide and bless the beautiful ladies at Abrazo that facilitate the miracles.  Ahhhh, what a joy to be a part of these joyous beginnings.

Guest Paula L

Congratulations to the first of the Peterectors to become a family of three. I am so happy for you both. I am happy to hear that the adoptive father was able to be here for the birth. I know you will have a long hard year a head of you but keep the faith that we will all be here for you both.

God bless to the birthfamily for giving a wonderful couple such a great gift.

Congratulations to the other couple for their placement also.

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Hello all,

We are the last of the Abrazados to come home with our beautiful baby girl - Rian Giana.  She was 7 lbs 15 oz and 20 inches long.  Our BP was fantastic and after 8 hours of labor let us in the OR (after finding out she had to have a c/section) for the joyous journey to parenthood.  What an emotional and physical journey for us all.  

After the birth I went into my "nurse" mode and took care of our BP and the baby while my husband slept (as much as he could on those pull out beds).  It was a sleepless night for me but a great beginning.

Rian is fantastic - sleeps 3-4 hours between feedins and already taking 3-4 oz of formula.  She is 1 week old yesterday and already growing.  It is a daily reminder of the blessings we have been given.

Thanks for all those prayers and support over the last few months...that's what got us through.  Big thanks to our BP's sister in law, for without her, this may not have been a reality.

Happy prayers and congrats to the Peterectors.  I pray the daddy remains safe and sound while in Iraq.  

God Bless everyone this New Year (now I can get my Christmas cards out  ;)

Laura and Steve

Dear Lisa and Steve,

Congratulations again.  I just wanted to say, I love the name you selected.  It's very pretty.  May God continue to bless your family and bring the newest Abrazo daddy home quickly and safely.

Not all placements happen quickly. Some take time to grow, and such was the case for the last of our Los Missionarios (2/03). They were "againers"--  proud parents of a handsome son previously adopted at birth through Abrazo, and they had their hearts set on a baby girl this time.  It took some time, but today, they came to meet the daughter of their dreams (just one month shy of one year later.) What took "so long?" Why, she'd only been conceived after their February orientation weekend, so in fact, she arrived right on time... in God's sweet time.

Best wishes to this happy family, with loving thanks to the beautiful birthmom who made it all possible!!

Congratulations "againers" from Los Missionarios!  How exciting to be able to go through this a second time!  I can only imagine that the wait was horrible, but YOUR little girl was not hear yet!

Enjoy every moment!  A big hug for the birthfamily as well!  

Lisa V

Congratulations Laura & Steve and the new parents of a beautiful baby girl from the Los Missionarios group.  Two little girls in a row.....

Speaking as a mommy of a beautiful little girl who just turned 1 this past December who just stole her daddy's heart from day 1 - you new dads should be prepared...there's just something about little girls and their daddies.  Kayleigh and I are very close but when her daddy walks through the door each evening...it's all about "Da!" and she just thinks he's the cat's meow.  And he thinks she's pretty special too - I'd never seen this side of him until he met Kayleigh...it's so cool to watch!

Enjoy your daughters - and have fun shopping (it really is true you know...the selection of clothes for little girls far exceeds the clothes for little boys...I've gone to buy baby gifts many times for friends with sons and I just can't believe the selection...just maybe a few outfits to choose from...not so with Kayleigh shopping...it's just better that I not even go into a clothing store because I have no self-control when it comes to playing dress up with her.

Congratulations!!

Lisa, Lance, & Kayleigh

Not to be outnumbered by all the girls arriving recently, today a precious preemie bound in blue joined the latest of our Croptoberfest Crew (10/03), making their home of three now a family of four!! He's small but mighty, tipping the scales just under a whopping four lbs. Congrats to all three proud parents (birthmom, and mom and dad by adoption) as well as to two little birthbrothers and one new "big" sister! Given that these folks matched only days ago, they truly did find each other in the nick of time, and we're so happy for them all.

A hearty welcome, also, to the newest members of our latest orientation weekend, who "graduated" just last night and headed home today. The Fab Nine (1/04) are Abrazo's first families of the new year, and we're expecting great things of them--and for them!

(Last but not least, three cheers for the valiant Abrazo chicks who worked the weekend and who gave up yet another Sunday off to make our latest family happen. You rock, girls. Gracias!)

Thanks so much for the announcement.  

We placed on that very rainy day, January 15th.  

We were the last of our group.  I did not feel that anxious about the wait.  There was plenty to do to get ready.  I also know that a lot of agencies take several years to place.  And knowing we really wanted a girl, we should have expected a longer wait.  

I posted our story on Life after.

There is no doubt that Katie Ann was worth the wait!!!!

I am greatful for the forum this time around, it helps to get all this good advice in the early hours of feeding. She is a great baby.  She usually only wakes up once between 2 and 4.  The bond was the instant we laid eyes on her.  

Yesterday morning was very special.  Greg, my husband,  said "I just want to let you know how much it warms my heart to see her in your arms."  He then apologized for not helping out more.  I really don't feel that way since I am lucky to have the next 6 to 8 weeks off.  But it was nice to hear.

Prayers to all those birth families and others in waiting, especially the Shakers waiting for their little girl, and for  the very  best staff at Stork Central.

As busy doctors who'd already waited on adoption agencies in their home state for two years before coming to Abrazo in 8/02, they were ready to get on the fast track-- and their prayers were answered just four months later, with the homecoming of their first Texas-born daughter. They finalized that adoption in 7/03, and joined us for Camp Abrazo, where they mentioned their dream of adopting again, stat!

As per physicians' orders, they came back for orientation in 10/03, and this weekend, these Againers (from our Croptoberfest Crew), returned once more, this time to "consult" with their second beautiful baby girl and her oh-so-darling birthparents. For the four parents involved, we prescribe a lifelong friendship, filled with much pride and joy, and for these two new sisters, the closest of bonding (and the best of treatment! ) Congratulations, all!

Oh my gosh!!!!  Let's see, Lance & I were in the 8/02 Orientation with a couple of physicians who adopted a beautiful baby girl a bit after we adopted Kayleigh...hmmm...this post sounds suspiciously like it could be them again.  Well, whoever you are...congratulations and if it's our friends from Los Neuvos Abrazos who've just become the parents of another precious daughter, please fill us in (if you're reading this).

Best wishes to the happy family and the special birthparents.

-Lisa

Guest drewsmomma

Hi :p This is Craig and Angie from Tennessee.  We have a 5 year adorable son who was adopted through Agape.  We hope to give him a sibling to grow up with through Abrazo.  Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks!  Angie

Hello and congratulations to everyone.  It has been a while since we posted - our beautiful bundle taking most of our time but we enjoy EVERY minute.

Rian is doing so well.  She is a great baby and already gained a pound at her 2 week well baby checkup (she loves her formula)!  I was fortunate that a friend of mine from years ago is now a pediatric resident and was delighted we asked him to see her.  She didn't even cry when it came to the PKU test - just mellow in yellow.

We are adjusting well.  My years working in OB and newborn nursery helped with essential things like feeding/diapering/swaddling...just now need to learn all the other mommy stuff.  My husband is totally wrapped.  He would deny it but can't stand when she is asleep and blows kisses on her tummy to try and wake her up.  He's learned to do that closer to feeding otherwise he's trying to console her (men ;)).

We have seen our BP at least once a week and we talk almost 3-5 times a week depending on what's going on.  She has become like a niece to me.  She confides her issues and frustrations and I find it comforting to try and help her work through things.  Her mom (the birthgrandmother) has already bought several items and took us out to dinner.  She has accepted this placement and tells us that our "Rian" is very lucky.  I think this has helped our BP deal better with the placement - the idea that she has so much supprt.

Linlacor - know what you mean about girls clothing...geez, I went into Gymboree to exchange a gift and their clothes are so CUTE!  I couldn't help myself.  They were having a huge sale and I bought stuff for the next year.  Gotta watch that since I may not go back to work for a while. :D

Well, big hug to all and off to do my "homework".  

Laura :)

Oh my gosh!!!!  Let's see, Lance & I were in the 8/02 Orientation with a couple of physicians who adopted a beautiful baby girl a bit after we adopted Kayleigh...hmmm...this post sounds suspiciously like it could be them again.  Well, whoever you are...congratulations and if it's our friends from Los Neuvos Abrazos who've just become the parents of another precious daughter, please fill us in (if you're reading this).

Best wishes to the happy family and the special birthparents.

-Lisa

Hi Lisa! (And everyone). It s indeed us! We are happy parents again. We were sweet-talked by those Abrazo women to go at it again. and here we are.....

You should try it too, two beautiful girls is twice the fun.

Elizabeth was trying to lure us into coming a third time, she thinks we still need a boy.

We are still in San Anton as we write this. We are posting our story in the Joyous Journeys section.

God bless you, Lance and Kayleigh (She is still so cute!;)

Paco and Millie ;)

In November 2003, this exemplary young couple found themselves in a Texas hotel on a Friday night, contemplating adoption and sharing their hopes and fears.

Just three months later, these same folks again found themselves in a Texas hotel on a Friday, sharing hopes and fears but this time, as the new parents of a big, beautiful baby boy, just born this week.

It was surely a match made in heaven! So here's wishing continued blessings upon this proud Mom and Dad, their courageous and committed birthmom, her adorable daughter and the 9 lb., 12 oz. son they brought into the world... together.

Go, Peterectors!!!

Just in time for Valentine's Day, another couple from The Peterectors, our 11/03 orientation weekend, have found themselves leaving a Texas hospital with the newest love of their lives: a bouncing baby boy! He is adored by many, including a proud "big" sister (herself an Abrazobabe) as well as a sweetheart of a birthmom, who wanted nothing but the best for her son! Cupid himself couldn't have brought nicer people together, so here's sending lots of little hugs and kisses for this lucky little guy and all the kinfolk who love him so! (And here's wishing a romantic weekend for each of our sleep-deprived sets of new parents out there--as well as all our want-to-bes, because your turn is coming!)

Hurrah, hurrah! The first of The Fab Nine, our 1/04 orientation group, are now the proud parents of a fabulous new baby girl, born just days ago. They didn't have long to prepare, but the truth is, they'd already readied their hearts and their home long before coming to Abrazo. And that is the most important part of it all--not how long or short the road to parenthood is-- but rather, the faith, hope and love that enables two loving families to be in the "right" place, at the "right" time for all the "right" reasons. Here's to the start of a long love affair, between one newborn daughter and the three parents who have joined their lives to ensure hers is happy-ever-after!

Guest Brandee and Craig

Hurray!! We are proud members of The Fab 9!  That is so exciting.  We hope we get an email or something to know who they are so we can send them a baby gift!!  Congrats!!

Brandee and Craig

YEAH!!!! YEAH!!!!! YEAH!!!!! We have been watching and watching and waiting and waiting for this post ... finally. As long as it is who we think it is; if not then we need to know that too!! A little girl how exciting. We wish everyone the best and hope that she is only getting you up every 2 hours (instead of being up all night).     :D  :D  :D

Guest S and K in SA

CONGRATS!  To the first Parents of the Fab Nine!  We are so happy that you have your precious daughter at home.  Bless you and your birthmom.

Love, Karen and Scott