friend of a Birthmother

i'm not a birthmother but i'm the closest thing to it...does that make sense? the BP's name is jessica. i'm her eyes and ears and heart..she's my best friend i'll be asking lots of questions so i'm hoping for lots of answers.

Edited by babyangel

Welcome babyangel!!!

You must mean so much to Jessica and she must be a very special person to you! You two are lucky to have each other!

You found the right place to get answers if that is what you are looking for, Abrazo is awesome! Everyone on the forum is supportive and truthful, so take advntage and pick our brains biggrin.gif

Welcome again and happy posting

Jennifer

I'm not an AP yet, just a hopeful one, but I think it would be great to have someone like you in our (future) child's life. I think the key is whether or not a birthparent's friend is supportive of the adoption. If they are, that person can be a good friend to the adoptive family and child, as well as a resource for the child to ask questions of about the birthfamily if necessary. On the other hand, if a birthparent's friend is upset about the child's adoption and tries to undermine the relationship with the adoptive family, then that person's involvement would not be well received.