Saying Grace (Prayers & Thanks Givings)

Maybe this whole new Name change was for a reason. To help, to be leaned upon, to listen just like you all were there for me!!

Well thanks again Forum Family! it's good to be home!

It's good to have you back Loriahn. You definitely belong here...you have so many perspectives to share and contribute...adoptee, birthmom, and a mom who is also parenting! I like the new name!! It definitely fits who you are at this place in your life (and Alex...like all your kids...is a living doll!)

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't really sure which place to put this so thought I'd try here (feel free to move it if it should go somewhere else)

I got this in an email today and thought I'd share:

A fifth grade teacher in a Christian school asked her class to look at TV commercials and see if they could use them in some way to communicate ideas about God.

GOD is like

Bayer Aspirin

He works miracles

GOD is like

Coca-Cola

He's the REAL THING

GOD is like

Hallmark Cards

He cares enough to send HIS very best

GOD is like

Tide

He gets the stains out that others leave behind

GOD is like

General Electric

He brings Good Things to Life

GOD is like

Sears

He has Everything

GOD is like

Scotch Tape

You can't see Him, but you know he's there

GOD is like

Allstate

You're in Good Hands with HIM

GOD is like

Dial Soap

Aren't you glad you Have him? Don't you wish everybody did?

GOD is like

The U.S. Postal Service

Neither rain, no snow, nor sleet, nor ice will keep him from HIS appointed destination

(Hopefully he's moving faster than the delivery of AFFINITY ;) )

GOD is like

Maxwell House

Good to the very last drop

GOD is like

Bounty Paper Towels

He's the quicker-picker-upper, can handle tough jobs, and won't fall apart on you

I just talked to my sister. She and Alex have arrived in Nebraska safely. They had a lay over in Salt Lake City. Alex slept the entire 2nd flight. And she seems to be coping well. Thats good for her!! :-) But I on the other hand.........frustrated.

This post was a LONG time ago, and for those of you who know, that Birthmother was me, and this was shortly after the birth of Fiona.

Wow, life has sure changed in less than 4 years. When I logged into the forum yesterday, I had a totally DIFFERENT feeling, I wondered why am I here? I almost felt like I don't belong, but after a few PM's and thinking about it, I think the "old" me doesn't belong, I am done grieving, but the New me can fit in here, to help those along the way who are/will/have gone through the same things I went through. You guys have ALWAYS been great!! and there for me!! Maybe this whole new Name change was for a reason. To help, to be leaned upon, to listen just like you all were there for me!!

Well thanks again Forum Family! it's good to be home!

I read this post that you wrote earlier this year and I love that you found a new you, or a new healed you. I went through a very terrible experience and I remember feeling like life would just never be "normal" again. My heart would never be happy and free and without loss and almost like I was tainted. I had someone tell me they went through the same thing and when she told her mother she felt like she'd never be normal again her mom said the most perfect thing and it was so what I needed to hear EXACTLY AT THAT MOMENT. She said "No, you never will be normal again and this loss will be with you forever, but you do move on and do find happiness again and creat a new normal, this new happiness and strength is your new normal". It was so little and silly, but it's funny where and how you find the perfect words, phrase or poem and it hits you so hard and it gives you that boost. I don't know why I'm even going here. I just am saying I'm glad your here and I really enjoy your posts and threads. You are an amazing woman and you should be proud of yourself for where you stand today. I didn't know you back then, nor much now...but the new you is great and I love clicking on your posts and threads, and I know what you mean!!!

I just talked to my sister. She and Alex have arrived in Nebraska safely. They had a lay over in Salt Lake City. Alex slept the entire 2nd flight. And she seems to be coping well. Thats good for her!! :-) But I on the other hand.........frustrated.

I am so glad to hear that and I am sure you were a nervous wreck and just totally sad!!! I'm sorry and I really cannot wait till Alex is back in your arms and your home safe and sound!!! God bless you and thank you for your service and bravery!!!!

Jenny

Edited by LovingBoo

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I discovered this prayer today and wanted to share it with you...

A PRAYER FOR CHILDREN IN ADOPTION AND FOSTER CARE

O God, we ask Your blessing...

For children in foster care,

may they adjust to the loss of their birth parents. Comfort them as they become aware that their mothers and fathers have difficult struggles to overcome. May the children feel the warmth of Your healing embrace as they begin to realize that going home may never be a possibility.

Strengthen them as they live in a present that waits for an outcome beyond their control, beyond the "why's" of childhood understanding, and threatens to take away all that is known to them, even if the known may have been painful and lonely. Help them to move into their future, whether it be rejoining a birth family -- renewed in skills and spirit -- or becoming a part of a new family in adoption.

For children in adoption,

may they come to know that families are created in many ways.

As a newborn grows into an understanding of the struggles, gifts and strengths of his/her birth heritage, may Your divine peace fill him/her in abundance. As a toddler, fifth grader or a teen transitions into his/her adoptive family, and as sisters and brothers meet their new siblings, we ask Your divine care over the bonds that form and the new roots that take hold.

Let us remember that these children have been adopted into their families, as we have all been adopted by You, into one family.

....Catholic Charities' Prayer for Children in Adoption and Foster Care

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you God for our sweet daughter Lauren who You brought into our life on October 20, 2007. Thank you God for Abrazo and the wonderful support of family and friends who have helped us through infertility and adoption. Thank you God for adoption of all of us into Your family.

I pray for our birth mother and birth father who are having a difficult time now. I pray for their healing and comfort.

God is good all the time and all the time God is good. Praise be to God.

Amen.

Traci