Saying Grace (Prayers & Thanks Givings)

Jennifer,

Your friend, Jeri, is certainly in my thoughts and prayers today (and a few others who I've e-mailed and asked for their prayers too).  She is only 35 years old - I am 32 - she has a son who just started school (I've been reading from the link you posted) - my goodness, she has so many rich wonderful things in her life - and her faith is just amazing.  What a wonderful family of friends she is surrounded by.  May God be with her and keep her body strong and alive this morning and all the tomorrows that follow and may he also be with those amazing brilliant doctors who are doing everything they can to help her go home to Texas to be with her husband and son.

-Lisa

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Father, I add my voice to these and the many others out there lifting Jeri and her family up to you.  Let Your presence and hand be unmistakably present.

In the holy and blessed name of Your Son, Jesus,

Amen

Christina

Awesome news!!

12:20 p.m. central time Jeri is out of surgery and the doctors say everything has gone very well.

GLORY TO GOD!!!!!!!

Keep praying for her recovery and acceptance of these organs. 

Thank you to all of you who have kept Jeri in your prayers!  I just found out today that Jeri is an adoptive mom!  Isn't awesome how small and wonderful our world is!!!

The Abrazo staff add its prayers, as well, and sends healing thoughts out to Jeri and her loved ones!

UPDATE They have found another set of organs for Jeri and are planning on operating at 10 PM CT. They still have to make the final determination of compatibility but the doctors have told Daryl that her chances of surviving without the new set of organs are almost 0%. The surgery will be quicker, about 5 hours but of course operating a second time puts a lot stress on her body.

Please continue to prayer for Jeri

I received this e-mail this morning!  Praise God!!!  

"SHE'S OUT OF SURGERY AND HER HEART IS ALREADY BEATING ON ITS OWN--NO MACHINE!!!!!  SHE IS ON THE VENTILATOR, BUT THE DOCTORS SAY THAT IS NORMAL. 

PRAISES AND ALL GLORY TO GOD!!! 

PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR HER HEALING.   THE NEXT 24-48 HOURS ARE THE MOST CRITICAL. 

AGREE IN PRAYER FOR PSALM 86:1-13.

YOU GO GOD!!!!!!!!!!"

If you would like to keep updated on Jeri's progress please check out her website

http://www.caringbridge.org/tx/jerifromkaty/guestbook.html

Jeri passed away on saturday September 27.  Please keep her husband Daryl and son Brady in your prayers.

If you have a chance please check out Jeri's caring bridge website, it will show what a special person Jeri was and how she touched so many lives.

http://www.caringbridge.org/tx/jerifromkaty/

Please keep the Philbrick family of San Antonio in your prayers today.  Mrs. P's father passed away last night.  God decided that he wanted a new angel to sit beside him.

He was a very happy man, and died peacefully, with all of his family by his side.

Thank you-and God Bless.

• 2 weeks later...

Amanda, our thoughts go out to the Philbrick family and those close to them, as they adjust to this loss of their loved one.

For our Forum family, another special prayer request, received today via Abrazo's website:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Beth Tirado and i placed a child almost 6yrs.  ago...The reason i haven't why i would like everyone to pray for me  and my family is that 1 and half yrs. ago i found out that i had  advanced cancer..I had lots of treatments..So far so good...I would  like everyone to keep me and my family in their prayer's..I get scared  that i am gonna get cancer again... Thanks, Beth Tirado

Please join us in thanking God for his goodness, and asking that Heavenly Parent who loves us so will continue to be with Beth, her husband and children (as well as her beloved birthson and his wonderful family), enabling her to put her fears to rest.

Hi Beth,

If you happen to read this - please know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers.  I am a birthmother to a daughter I placed almost 15 years ago and I'm also a very very happy mother of a daughter we adopted almost a year ago.  Cancer is such a scary thing - something I certainly worry about as my aunt is a breast cancer survivor.  I guess my own mortality is something I worry about often - it just feels like we have so much to live for - especially our children and to watch them grow up and become parents themselves.  I am praying a long, cancer free, happy, and healthy life for you my friend - I'm so glad you reached out for our prayers - we have some powerful prayering going on around here and we are the witness to miracles happening right and left.

Please keep us posted on how you're doing - I'm so glad to hear you're doing well.  Look to your future and see it as you want it to be - healthy, happy, and surrounded by love.  Huge hugs!!

Your friend,

Lisa

• 5 weeks later...

Please pray for our birthmother's brother. He was hit by a car last night while he was walking home. He is doing better than the doctors expected, but he and the family still need lots of prayers.

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa,

Consider it done....your birthmother and her family and especially her brother will surely be in our thoughts and prayers today and the days that follow.  May he continue to heal and improve and most of all.....go home.

-Lisa

As Thanksgiving approaches...I begin to think of all the things I'm thankful for - and I have SOOOO much to be thankful for...especially this Thanksgiving.

Anyway, while trying to fall asleep last night - I began thinking of just how fortunate I am to have so much - to have a loving husband (who I pretty much haven't seen for 3 weeks until last night because of either Kayleigh and I travelling or him travelling) who is a wonderful, loving father.....I have a daughter who I love and treasure more than anything in this world and she is just perfect and dear in every single way....I have my health and my family is healthy...I am surrounded by wonderful friends who I know would be there for me should the need ever arise.  I have food, shelter, clothing (oh boy, and does my little angel ever have clothing....yes, well...that's another topic...).  I am just so thankful for being so blessed in so many wonderful ways - I have more than I could have ever hoped for and I just hope I demonstrate to those I love and to the One who has made all this possible for me just how much I appreciate all the blessings in my life.

So - not to sound corny or anything but I just thought I'd take the opportunity to open this up to anyone else who feels the need to express thanks for things they are blessed to have....Thanksgiving is less than a week away (is anyone else just dumbfounded by this?  I have no idea where September and October went...it seems like all of a sudden Thanksgiving is just here).

-Lisa :)

• 2 months later...

Prayers are needed for my mom, aunt, & grand-father.  My maternal grand-father is 92 and has lived a wonderful life full of happy memories and blessings.  He has overcome so many health challenges over the past 10 years including 2 bouts of prostate cancer (even in his 80s - he was a very independent man who had no qualms about clearing the brush from all his land and climbing up on ladders to do stuff around the house - he's always been a "do-it-yourselfer" even building his house at one time.  He's been living in an assisted living facility for the last few years and has succumbed to Alzheimer's although he still recognizes my mom and aunt - just forgets things a lot.

Anyway - he's been in a lot of pain recently and a recent bone scan confirmed that cancer is all over his body.  They have controlled the pain with methodone but his time here with us is nearing the end...they say just weeks.

I'm asking for your prayers that he is spared any more pain and has a peaceful end when God determines the time is right.  I'm also asking for your prayers that my mom and aunt be blessed with strength and peace when their dad goes home.  He's been such a wonderful daddy to them and my mom is always happy to tell me lots of stories about when she was growing up - he was the kind of dad I would have loved to have had - he loves his girls more than anything and they've always known that.

Thank you,

Lisa

I will add your grandfather, mom and aunt to my prayer list too, Lisa.  This week I lost a very dear 97 year old friend.  I have been a companion to her for 17 years, and although she lived a long, wonderful life, I am having a hard time thinking about her being gone.  The wake is tonight, so I will go say my final goodbyes to her.  She passed away very peacefully, so for that I am thankful.  Take care.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to provide an update - my grand-father passed away today, very peacefully - without pain - and was telling those around them how much he loved them...I think he knew his time here was ending.

My mom has taken it very well - my aunt is struggling with the loss...I think she feels bad she wasn't there when he passed....I hope she knows that he felt her there anyway along with all the rest of us who love him so much...

Thanks everyone for your prayers - another angel up there tonight to look over us all.

-Lisa

Guest dnr1021

Lisa,

You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.  

I agree.  God felt it was time for another very special angel to arrive and watch over us.

God bless.

Rhonda

• 1 year later...

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

Dear Precious Abrazo Staff:

We are Les & Tammy W. (and son Jared) from Memphis, TN.  We recently

submitted an inquiry/pre-application in fall of 2005 & received your packet of

materials to fill out.  We were so excited, having learned about Abrazo & were

looking forward to attending an orientation weekend in 2006.

In Sept. 2005, we received a phone call regarding a possible private adoption

opportunity.  We had experienced private opportunities before that had ended

with the expectant mother choosing to parent, so we held the situation in

prayer, still planning to go further with Abrazo.  A beautiful baby boy was born

November 1st and we are now the proud parents (& big brother!) of Joshua.  We

give thanks to God daily for blessing our family through the incredible journey

of adoption now twice.

I am writing to say that we will likely not pursue a third adoption (although

we will likely hang onto the paperwork for a couple of years just to be

sure...).  We are both 43 & recognize the age factor of parenting.  However, we

wanted to say that we have been so impressed with the work that you do & will

continue to pray for your ministry.  We will tell others exploring adoption of

Abrazo & send them your way if it seems their hearts are a good fit for your

organization.

May God continue to bless all that you do & bless the women, children, &

families that you touch.

Love in Christ,

Tammy W.

How cool! I actually know this family. She is my cat's vet and a wonderful person. I think it is so wonderful how God leads, opens, and closes doors in all of our adoption journeys. He knows the plans He has for each of us and is MORE THAN ABLE to bring His plans to pass. biggrin.gif

WOW! I just counted how many Abrazo families have been blessed with children since we began filling out our paperwork in August. I counted 19! biggrin.gif I knew there were several, but when I counted there were even more than I thought! How awesome!

Everyone at Abrazo...You are such a blessing. God has worked through you to touch so many lives. smile.gif

Thank you! I think God has blest us with the nicest of clients and the best of vocations! (And the sweetest of babies, but that goes without saying!) wink.gif

• 1 year later...

I agree with Jean - I'm speechless.  I just can't even imagine life without Kayleigh - she is such a piece of both Lance & I - if we were without her, it would feel like a part of us has died - my thoughts and prayers are certainly with everyone involved in this and especially with this baby boy.

Along these lines - there is a very special birthmother I have become friends with who recently gave birth (very recently) and placed her daughter for adoption (not through Abrazo though...just in case any of you APs are wondering who I'm talking to...).  I spoke with her last night and although she's trying so hard to be strong for the adoptive parents' sake (she doesn't want them to see her cry because she said it will make them cry) - I want her to know it's okay to let your feelings be known - this is a very, very difficult thing to do and it's not something that feels "natural" and indeed shouldn't feel that way - If you're reading this, I am so sorry for your loss - I really wish there was something I could do to take those feelings away and make you happy.  I know you will be okay - you're such a strong person and you have such a strong will - you know you are so special to us and you know how much you mean to the people whose lives you've touched.  We birthmothers have to stick together - I wish you the best and I hope everyone will keep you in their thoughts and prayers - you need all the support you can get, know that we wish you the best that life has to offer.

Love,

Lisa

This post was a LONG time ago, and for those of you who know, that Birthmother was me, and this was shortly after the birth of Fiona.

Wow, life has sure changed in less than 4 years. When I logged into the forum yesterday, I had a totally DIFFERENT feeling, I wondered why am I here? I almost felt like I don't belong, but after a few PM's and thinking about it, I think the "old" me doesn't belong, I am done grieving, but the New me can fit in here, to help those along the way who are/will/have gone through the same things I went through. You guys have ALWAYS been great!! and there for me!! Maybe this whole new Name change was for a reason. To help, to be leaned upon, to listen just like you all were there for me!!

Well thanks again Forum Family! it's good to be home!