Infertility Qualification

Guest cakemaker

• 4 years later...

HI Everyone

I am new to this forum and in process of collecting all the documents. Can anyone pl. provide some guidelines needed for the infertility letter . What all information needs to be included?

I would appreciate any help

Thanks

Charu

Edited by Charu

We had both our RE doctors write up a letter stating that we were indeed IF and patients there. There may be more I just can't remember. Good luck and welcome. :D

Charu,

If I am not mistaken we just send all of our fertility records to them. By the time we decided to start the adoption process 4 years had passed since our last procedure and we had moved 3 times since then. I don't think it would have been easy to get a letter at that point. Anyway, my medical records had all of the information supporting why we could not get pregnant. Good luck!

Donna

Charu,

Welcome to the Forum!!! It is a wonderful place full of information and one big family. biggrin.gif

We had our infertility DR write a letter. Goodluck and welcome again.

Tracey

For us also it had been 3 or 4 years since we had discontinued all infertility treatments. We just sent in the most blaringly obvlivious infertility test we had and we wrote a note on the page indicating we had terminated treatments.

Ours was simple. A call to our OBGYN's nurse and a week and a half for them to draft a carefully worded letter=^) Most OBGYN's are familiar with this request and are happy to accommodate. I requested mine in July of this year, and then during my annual check up in October, had to respond to questions about why we "gave up" and went with adoption.

Edited by leathersfamily

• 2 years later...

Recently, everyone who's asked me about Abrazo has been a single, professional woman.

I don't know whether they're infertile or not... and I know Abrazo works with single women... but does that single woman have to be infertile to be a part of the full service program?

Yes, Melissa, single applicants must also provide proof of infertility, too, unless they're interested in the special needs or designated programs... thanks for asking!