NEW PARENTS NEEDED!

Stork Central

Abrazo's next orientation is scheduled for the weekend of November 12-14... please, please, please, if you're thinking of getting started in our program, get your paperwork in and join us then and there! because as you might note from the Parents-in-Waiting profiles on our Gallery, we are definitely in need of more families!

Our fabulous families who are still waiting to match know that their turn is right around the corner, and that every agency needs a sizable assortment of prospective adoptive parents to meet the varying requests of the prospective birthparents who come to us. (Unfortunately, having only a half-dozen waiting couples each with their own varying race and gender requirements is not a sufficient variety!)

Having our beloved clientele matching and placing and moving on is, of course, a nice problem to have, but a problem nonetheless, so get the word out: Abrazo NEEDS more adopting families! Our biggest demand is for (1) childless couples, (2) Texas couples/families, and (3) applicants open to children who are of part or full African-American ancestry.

Help us get our "inventory" of waiting adoptive families back up into the double digits so the flurry of expectant parents coming to us lately find ample numbers of homes to choose from!

I love to see these kinds of posts .... gives me chills! :D

• 7 months later...

It's a nice problem to have, but... today our staff is dashing out to show profiles to two prospective moms, and we currently have only a total of six (6!) families available for full Hispanic babies. That's good news for those six, of course, but not for expectant moms and moms of already-born infants who likely have their own individual subset of placement preferences (ie., who only want a family of a certain ethnicity or religion or geographic base, etc.) that cannot be met by our tiny sample of a half-dozen available homes across America.

Our next orientation weekend is not until late June, and we are in desperate need of especially infertile childless couples who are racially-open (accepting of not just Anglo or Anglo-Hispanic children, but Hispanic and/or African babies, as well)... and racially-open Texas families, with or without previously-adopted children... and interracial (African-American and Anglo or Hispanic) couples or families from any region!

As always, Abrazo againers who are in good standing (those who have remained active on the Forum and/or attend Camp Abrazo, submit annual reports consistently and keep in touch with the agency and/or their child/ren's birthparents regularly) are also welcome to re-apply.

Those with specific questions can call Brianna at our office, but those who are interested in joining Abrazo's program can download the AP Inquiry (http://www.abrazo.org/apinfo.html) and those who are interested in returning can skip the Inquiry and message us to request the application packet. Thanks!

Ohh what a great problem to have! We are ready in our hearts, just not financially right now. :(

Praying for all those expectant mothers who are trying to find the "right" family for their child.

This was perfect timing! I shared our news about our match with a good friend/colleague today and she told me that she and her husband are actually looking to start the process, too. I raved about Abrazo and gave her the website so hopefully they will come your way since they are as open as we were and excited about open adoption! They're in Wisconsin so not Texan but I promise they are fantastic people :)

I don't get it.... How is having a lack of prospective adoptive parents a good problem? Sorry if I sound insensitive......

I am sorry if I sounded insensitive. I did not mean to offend you and did not mean this in a negative way. In my perspective we came to Abrazo to build our family and become parents. Adoption is not easy for anyone and I believe everyone on the forum can be a witness to this. Sometimes things are said and taken in the wrong manner. I am sorry if this was taken that way.

It's a "great" problem in that it means many of Abrazo's existing families have already been found by the birthparents that needed them!

But Ellen, you're right: it's NOT a good problem for expectant parents who come to our agency and can't find the kind of adoptive families they want for their child/ren because our selection of waiting families is so small at present.

Parents who place need to be able to find the family of their dreams just as surely as parents who adopt want to find the child of their dreams.

Ah, that makes sense. Sometimes it is hard for me to see things from an potential parent's point of view. Tracy, you were not in the wrong at all! I just did not know how else to ask that!

Elizabeth, you are right! As you probably know, having a lack of families is quite sad, and is what led me to Abrazo. I don't know why my first agency was going to let me settle for a "semi-open" adoption when they knew I had my heart set on open! I also don't know why so few families there were "willing" to accept my Caucasian/Hispanic baby! I am so glad Gini Norris-Lane led me to Abrazo.

I am praying that Abrazo find more good and loving families to adopt these amazing children out to! As a birthmother, I am grateful that Abrazo are so picky about the potential parents you accept. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Lately, we've had several prospective birthparents requesting childless couples living in San Antonio, and at present, we have none to offer (at least, none that are homestudy ready.) If you know of good childless couples who are open to children of all ethnicities, who are living in the San Antonio area, please encourage them to send in a completed inqury. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

We're happy that so many of our families are placing. But alas, we continue to have a severe shortage of childless couples, or parenting couples who are racially open, and particularly Texas families.

While we do have a number of PIWs that are matched and waiting on a pending placement, we have an even greater need for more available families, in order to offer a number of expectant parents looking to make a loving adoption plan in the near future.

If you are looking to adopt again or know of anyone interested who is a good candidate for open adoption, please give me a call!

Our next orientation stop is August 19 & 20, so please get those inquiries in today!! :D

Brianna

The couple I referenced above should be getting their inquiry in soon. I just talked to my friend today and she said she loves what she's seen of Abrazo and is getting ready to start the paperwork. I'll let her know about this great need - and the orientation dates!

Brianna,

I will share this information with our church. They have a adoption ministry.

Leah x

• 3 months later...

We've said it before... it's a nice problem to have, but a problem nonetheless...

While Abrazo does still have 6? 7? perfectly-lovely waiting adoptive homes available and not yet matched, a program our size needs at least 1-2 times as many current profiles to meet the variety of the expectant parents who come to our agency seeking the adoptive families of their dreams!

Typically, when we post "new parents needed" appeals here, we are usually seeking a certain sort of demographic (childless, open to children of color, geographic region, etc.) This time, however, we are in the rare position of needing heterosexual couples with or without children, open to any racial configurations other than just Anglo-only, and from any area (except NY, where we do not place due to NY requirements that agencies working with folks in that state must have offices and licensure there as well.)

We always have a need for childless couples, of course, and we never seem to have enough Texans to go around! but our November orientation is less than 3 weeks away and we are currently welcoming inquiries and applications from all appropriately-qualified prospective adoptive families, this go-round.

Help us spread the word, and let's make the 2012 placement year just as successful as 2011 has been!

Do you have the dates for PIW weekend in Nov? :D

Reposted on my Facebook! I'm still dying to have someone I know inquire so we have more Abrazo families in the area!! I've seen a lot of reposting by Abrazo families, too, so hopefully the word is getting out!

• 1 month later...

Abrazo's orientation weekends for 2012 start in January, so if you are ready to make a wonderful change in your lives , what better place (and time) is there to start? ;)

Abrazo's orientation weekends for 2012 start in January, so if you are ready to make a wonderful change in your lives , what better place (and time) is there to start? ;)

Do you have all the orientation weekend dates set? Is there going to be one around Camp Abrazo?

Do you have all the orientation weekend dates set? Is there going to be one around Camp Abrazo?

Unfortunantly there is no Orientation set during the month of July (when we're usually busily preparing for Camp!), but if you would like the dates for the 2012 Orientations schedule, I would be happy to PM them to you!

Unfortunantly there is no Orientation set during the month of July (when we're usually busily preparing for Camp!), but if you would like the dates for the 2012 Orientations schedule, I would be happy to PM them to you!

Hi Brianna -

It would be great if you could PM me the dates!

Thank you :)

Lynn

• 7 months later...

Abrazo is currently seeking more Hispanic couples!

Given Abrazo's location, Hispanic couples tend to be in high demand in our placement program, and at the present time, all our Hispanic couples are already placed... so if you know a Hispanic couple with documented infertility, who are emotionally sound and financially stable, over the age of 25 and married for longer than a year, please encourage them to submit the Adoptive Parents Inquiry form, found on our website here: http://abrazo.org/want-to-adopt/process/.

(The next Parents-of-Tomorrow orientation weekend, for qualified couples of any racial origin, is set for October 26-27, 2012.)

For more information, contact Brianna Gonzales, Family Services Coordinator, at 210/342-5683.

I will pass the word to a couple of friends who are just starting to think about their adoption journey.