NEW PARENTS NEEDED!

Stork Central

I know a great couple! Just helping them redirect their focus from international adoption to Abrazo!

I talked with a couple recently, but they already have a son. If I hear of anyone...I'll definitely send them your way!

I work with a great girl that would love to adopt, unfortunatly her and her man aren't married. I think you have to be married a year....

I talked to an old friend of mine sister but infertility is still a touchy subject and they have given up on being parents. I'm hoping to influence my old friend if I ever talk to her directly.

My husband and I fit the description in the first post and we'll be mailing our application within the next 7-10 days, but I'm guessing we won't be able to come to orientation until March at the earliest. We look forward to working with Abrazo and getting to know you all through the forums! :)

My husband and I fit the description in the first post and we'll be mailing our application within the next 7-10 days, but I'm guessing we won't be able to come to orientation until March at the earliest. We look forward to working with Abrazo and getting to know you all through the forums! :)

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure if there is orientation in February, there won't be one in March. Aren't they more like every 2-3 months, based on need that is? Lots of folks have gotten the official invite to attend orientation a week before, so be prepared if and when! :D

Welcome to the forum! Make yourself at home around here, and like Melissa said, read all you can while you're here, there is alot of great info here!

It can be done in a few weeks.... we got a later application in Jan 08 and the rest is history... welcome to a journey of a life time... :D

I have a special couple in mind as well that I have been talking to over the month or so. I will be passing this message along first thing Monday morning.

WE NEED CHILDLESS TEXAS COUPLES!

Actually, we need childless couples from all over, but especially, it seems, from Texas.

One new prospective birthmom who came in today to look over our profiles was very disappointed to learn that we have no more than 3 childless couples from Texas currently waiting to adopt.

While we assured her that Abrazo has great parents-in-waiting from all over, she was adamant about wanting her baby to grow up in the Lone Star State. She saw this as assurance that her open adoption would truly be open, if her child could grow up in a home close enough to allow for periodic visits.

If you (or someone you know) is longing to become a first-time parent, has documented infertility and is ready to learn about open adoptions done the Abrazo way, please, tell them to get an inquiry form downloaded from our website and sent in to us, pronto! in hopes that we can follow that with a completed application in time to get them into our upcoming orientation weekend in March!

Who knows? It could just mean that some lucky Texans might then get ready in time to take home the baby of their dreams by summer... or fall... or winter...!? (Not if-- but when!)

But good grief...there are 3 and we certainly know that one of the 3 is WONDERFUL! What more could she want? Many eMoms don't get even that many options.

But good grief...there are 3 and we certainly know that one of the 3 is WONDERFUL! What more could she want? Many eMoms don't get even that many options.

Could it be that she simply wanted a childless couple who was willing to open their hearts and their home to the 'type' of child she was carrying, at that time?

Fortunately, the post you're quoting from was from a year ago (2008)... but only one of Abrazo's current PIWs (parents-in-waiting) is open to any race and none are open to older children, so there certainly are plenty of prospective birthmoms out there who still, sadly, don't find many options available for the sort of child/ren they're planning to place.

Wow, "what more could she want????" As a birthmom I find this really offensive. Let's see what more could she want??? How about as many options as possible for the baby she is carrying or that may already be born who she is trying to place? If she is not comfortable with the three that are available (even if every single one is open to her situation,) if she does not like them, does that mean she is being greedy and doesn't have the right to want more of a choice??? I just totally don't understand this totally insensitive comment.

what's the current status on this request? have you filled up orientation yet?

Thank you all for your calls and referrals!

The February orientation is shaping up nicely, but still has space available for childless couples that are able to be generous in their racial preferences and would be irresistible additions to Abrazo's placement program.

So if you know of a tremendous candidate, be sure to send 'em our way!

(After all, Abrazo's fabulous first families deserve nothing less.) ;)

• 4 weeks later...

It may seem hard to believe, given that we just completed a new orientation and already have such fabulous families already-in-waiting, but the April orientation weekend is coming up in the not-so-distant future, and Abrazo has a particular need for some certain kinds of childless couples: those who are

1) living in Texas, and/OR who are

2) Hispanic, and/OR who are

3) young (under 32), and/OR who are

4) open to infants/children of biracial (Anglo/African-American OR Hispanic/African-American) descent.

So if anyone out there knows of some fantastic would-be adoptive parents who don't yet have children and who do meet any of the four criterion above, please, send 'em our way!

Because keeping an ample variety of great families who meet the preferences of expectant parents who come here seeking the "just right" fit for the child/ren they intend to place helps ensure they won't need to search for adoptive homes anywhere else!

Hopefully just sent a TX couple to you via Indiana! :)

Coincidently, an old friend just contacted me on behalf of friends of a colleague, remembering we had used a TX agency, and I was happy to give you a glowing recommendation.