NEW PARENTS NEEDED!

Stork Central

"The heavens are telling the glory of God"... and our roster of waiting parents is, too!! It's a nice problem to have, but as of this month, we are unexpectedly finding our program in need of childless couples (especially Texans) who are seeking to adopt. We are seeking couples with documented infertility, who are truly at ease with fully open adoptions, and who would be available to get inquiries and applications submitted in time to attend our November 9-10 orientation weekend! If this describes you or someone you know, please contact Angela Martinez, MSW at 210/342-5683 this week, and let's see if there's any way to get you paper-ready in time to join us next month! ;)

Yikes!! At present, Abrazo has only nine couples still actively waiting to match, almost half of whom are againers.

Granted, it's a nice problem for any agency to have, but it doesn't total enough profiles (after one subsorts for who's open to what) to offer an adequate variety of options to prospective birthparents with their own subset of placement requirements and expectations.

If you or someone you know have been thinking of adopting and meet Abrazo's admission requirements and would just love to complete a pile of application paperwork in record time in order to join us for orientation next weekend, please!, call our family services coordinator, Angela Martinez, today (210/342-5683) and shout "start us up!"

Thank you, all!

New York is the only state in the nation that I know of which requires adoption agencies which place there to have physical office addresses within the state. If and when they lift that requirement, we'll gladly send Abrazotots to the Big Apple, as well.

Thank you, all!

New York is the only state in the nation that I know of which requires adoption agencies which place there to have physical office addresses within the state. If and when they lift that requirement, we'll gladly send Abrazotots to the Big Apple, as well.

If this happens... I have lots of people from NY that would be interested. Hope the doors open for NY and they lift that physical off address law...

Linda

[and would just love to complete a pile of application paperwork in record time in order to join us for orientation next weekend,

That sounds like how we started out! It's a lot to do, but a week is plenty of time. So glad we went for it instead of waiting. :rolleyes:

Thank you, all!

Yes, we are painfully aware of this no-adoptions in NY dilemma as we are postponing our move to NY (only a mile away <_< ) until after baby #2 joins our family, hopefully next summer ;):rolleyes:

Sandi

Sounds like sandy and scott could set up an NY office for Abrazo ;) in their new home...right? ;);) #two...next summer........why wait I say..... :lol:

Sounds like sandy and scott could set up an NY office for Abrazo ;) in their new home...right? ;);) #two...next summer........why wait I say..... :lol:

Easy there Heidi.....next summer will be here before you know it. A NY office, sure no problem, as long as you don't mind your employee in pj's every day :P:lol:, that is the attire I currently go to work in, no panthose here.

Sandi

• 3 months later...

WE NEED CHILDLESS TEXAS COUPLES!

Actually, we need childless couples from all over, but especially, it seems, from Texas.

One new prospective birthmom who came in today to look over our profiles was very disappointed to learn that we have no more than 3 childless couples from Texas currently waiting to adopt.

While we assured her that Abrazo has great parents-in-waiting from all over, she was adamant about wanting her baby to grow up in the Lone Star State. She saw this as assurance that her open adoption would truly be open, if her child could grow up in a home close enough to allow for periodic visits.

If you (or someone you know) is longing to become a first-time parent, has documented infertility and is ready to learn about open adoptions done the Abrazo way, please, tell them to get an inquiry form downloaded from our website and sent in to us, pronto! in hopes that we can follow that with a completed application in time to get them into our upcoming orientation weekend in March!

Who knows? It could just mean that some lucky Texans might then get ready in time to take home the baby of their dreams by summer... or fall... or winter...!? (Not if-- but when!)

I remember reading one of these posts right before our orientation................. we went to orientation in July, finished homestudy and physicals at the beginning of August and were matched on Labor Day!!!!! It can happen quickly :P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So get those applications filled out and mailed in.

sounds promising for Texas couples!

I remember back on Nov. 2 when you last posted that couples were needed. Little did I know that a week later we'd be talking to an amazing birthmom and match a few days later and then, on Nov. 19, we'd see Nathaniel for the first time, just minutes after his birth.

Edited by Teena & Joe

So glad that we are in Texas and are attending the March orientation! We are SOOOO excited for the orientation and to be considered as adoptive parents!

WE NEED CHILDLESS TEXAS COUPLES!

Actually, we need childless couples from all over, but especially, it seems, from Texas.

One new prospective birthmom who came in today to look over our profiles was very disappointed to learn that we have no more than 3 childless couples from Texas currently waiting to adopt.

While we assured her that Abrazo has great parents-in-waiting from all over, she was adamant about wanting her baby to grow up in the Lone Star State. She saw this as assurance that her open adoption would truly be open, if her child could grow up in a home close enough to allow for periodic visits.

If you (or someone you know) is longing to become a first-time parent, has documented infertility and is ready to learn about open adoptions done the Abrazo way, please, tell them to get an inquiry form downloaded from our website and sent in to us, pronto! in hopes that we can follow that with a completed application in time to get them into our upcoming orientation weekend in March!

Who knows? It could just mean that some lucky Texans might then get ready in time to take home the baby of their dreams by summer... or fall... or winter...!? (Not if-- but when!)

Yeah for Jeremy and Jessica!

March is right around the corner... and only God knows "who" will be around the next corner?

I agree that posts from Stork Central and/or ElizabethAnn like this, are very exciting!!!!

We love to follow the journeys that begin at orientation. :)

Karen

I know some birthparents may think that having their child grow up in a Texas home will make it easier for periodic visits, but I guess it all depends on WHERE in Texas you live and your mode of transportation!

Beaumont to El Paso is 742 miles

and

Beaumont to Chicago is just 770 miles

and

El Paso is actually closer to California than to Dallas!

:blink::o;)

I know some birthparents may think that having their child grow up in a Texas home will make it easier for periodic visits, but I guess it all depends on WHERE in Texas you live and your mode of transportation!

and

and

Very interesting perspective -- maybe TX to WI isn't too bad then either. ;)

Edited by Patti and Steve

and

and

Very good points. Then there is also the fact that there are no guarantees that families won't move around (whether that be a move closer to family, or I've known some to move even just a little further away from family ;):P , and I've known many (including my own family/extended family to move to another city/state as part of their career path). My point is that you just never know what road life will take you down. I would hate for a birhtfamily to pass up the opportunity to meet some of the great PIWs Abrazo has some of whom happen to live out of the Great State of Texas; But, I believe I understand why they want a Texas couple....

I think there is a sense of security for the birthmothers that limit their choices to only those PIWs within the state of Texas, but unfortunately, where that family lives is no gaurantee of where they will be. Then if we look at the average birthmother, someone in their early 20's, that's a pretty young age and they too may find themselves moving around over the years.

But, it is their choice of course as to who they will entertain as perspective parents for their child. It is such a difficult decision. If I were in there shoes and felt that I wanted the best option for keeping in touch (with possible visits) with the PIWs, then I too would probably lean towards a 'local' couple if everything else were 'equal' between them and an out of state couple.

Again though, you raise an excellent point.

peace,

Adam

I sent someone to you from the Ark-la-TEX!!!!! Will that work? Shreveport is a close to texas as you can get!!!!!!!

Stacie

Shreveport is as close to texas as you can get!!!!!!!

Or how about Texarkana.. ;)

Actually We almost stayed in Texarkana on our way home for ICPC to make the drive time a little easier. When searching for hotels there, you had to be careflu as Half the city is in Texas, half the city is in Arkansas and you wouldn't want to violate terms of the Compact.

Good luck to your friends in Shreveport :)

-A

• 11 months later...

bficon_29455.gif

Once again... another orientation weekend is coming up, and Abrazo is in serious need of applications from childless couples!

It's not that we don't adore the five (count them, five) childless couples who are currently unmatched and waiting in our program. (We do! They're seriously adorable!) But we know they'll be moving along towards matches and placement soon, too (like all the other childless couples who've taken home precious new sons and daughters since we posted this same kind of plea last year).

And it's not that we don't appreciate the interests of those who are already parenting and want to adopt another child.

But we've placed so many of our waiting couples who were longing to become first-time parents, we're running low! And since our orientations prepare those who will be taking placement at Abrazo for roughly 6-12 months forward, we need to be diligent about consistently adding the kind of couples that most of the birthparents we serve are most hoping to find... which is why we are again appealing to those childless couples with documented infertility who are interested in open adoption and ready to move forward!

The February orientation is just weeks ago-- get your inquiry (pre-application) in and your application submitted, so you, too, can be one of the lucky parents who looks back at this post a year from now, with your darling baby in your arms, and thinks "wow, what a blessing that we got in when we did!"