Prayer Requests

Abrazo asks you to lift in your prayers one of our adoptive moms from years ago who was recently diagnosed with cancer, and her worried family, as well! She is a beloved, longtime member of our community and while she is not yet ready to "go public" with her identity, we ask you to keep her and her family in your thoughts.

• Upvote 1

Lifting prayers for this family continually! May God hear all prayers and heal this amazing mom!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Elizabeth. I am just now checking in on the Forum, the place that buoyed us through our amazing journeys to both of our daughters and our wonderful Texas family members gained through adoption. I am slowly reaching out farther with the news of my cancer diagnosis. And today I find that prayers have been lifted for me here. Thank you dear Elizabeth. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in December, right around the holidays. The winter break meant we had lots of family time to be together with loved ones, to rest and to take stock of what is important in life. A diagnosis like this definitely crystalizes the mind about what is important. Prayers have made such a difference on our journey. We are still early on in our process but from Day 1 it has been one of hope, believing, faith and love. I have an amazing medical team (our girls love that my oncologist is a Latino from Texas, just like them!). We have been blessed with so much love and support. I am in the midst of chemo treatments through March 4, followed by surgery, followed by 12 more weeks of chemo. It is a marathon, not a sprint, and I am very optimistic about the outcome. I hope you will join me in that optimism and raise prayers of healing in the days and weeks to come.

Much love to our amazing Abrazo community!

Susan (mom to Tasia -- age 10 -- and Elektra -- age 6)

Susan, sending you lots of prayers and positive energy. My husband finished up six months of chemo last April after he was diagnosed with colon cancer. So far so good with post-testing. But it is a journey I wouldn't wish on anyone. Know you are not alone and you have so much support and love here. Put the blinders on and get through this tunnel of cr@p and know there is light on the other side.

• 4 months later...

God is good, all the time. And prayers are answered. After seven months of treatment, surgery and more treatment, I had my CT scan yesterday. I am so pleased to report that the scan showed no evidence of cancer. It's gone. It feels surreal to have had so much and now to not have any. I feel so grateful.

Susan.....we love you!