Baby Announcements 2013

Stork Central

Welcome to the world, Alex! A huge congratulations to Scott and Deb. We are keeping everyone who loves Alex in our prayers!

Wow, thanks everybody! We are feeling so blessed and encouraged and loved by the outpouring of love and support from friends on FB and the forum! :) It's so encouraging! Alex is the sweetest little baby boy and I love him so much! I love just watching him sleep and make little faces. I think he smiled at me today! I'm over the moon... can you tell? Scott and I are getting used to the idea of actually BEING parents now. It's quite a shift. I love every moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Once upon a time, there was a couple who came to Abrazo to talk about adoption. It may not have been their first choice, but they knew in their hearts it was the right choice. Still, things don't always work according to plan, and plans changed unexpectedly.

Once upon a time, a month ago, another couple came to Abrazo to talk about adoption. It may not have been their first choice, but they knew in their hearts it was the right choice. Still, things don't always work according to plan, and plans changed unexpectedly.

God watched over both these couples. (God knew the longings of their hearts, after all.) And today, of all days, God saw fit to bring them all together, for the love of a precious, beautiful three-and-a-half week old baby girl.

It was an unexpected change of plans for everyone today, yet what a blessing for this precious daughter they now each love so!

We celebrate this little girl, and her newly-expanded family. We thank God for the birthcouple who found the courage today to do what they knew needed to be done, hard as it was. We thank God for the perseverance and faith of the adopting couple, graduates of our Yukon If You Want To orientation of August 2012.

And we wish them Godspeed, as they grow and nurture a friendship that will be fit to last, that they might all live happily... ever... after!

• Upvote 1