Texas Reunion?

txladybug85

So E and myself were talking today and we are very envious of the out of state families that get together and have little reunions.....so seeing that there are several families in Texas we are wondering why us lonestars dont get together????/ just a thought

This might get you started...we've tried and it's always hit and miss with the SA crowd. If it's a party there is usually a better local SA response.

Go to Forum called UNITED STATES OF ADOPTION....click on to San Antonio Proud ....for some odd reason I could not paste the link.

I know it can be done if it's the right location. I've always thought the SA Zoo would be a great place and well as the Kiddie Park off Broadway.

Those 2 places would make great event places. Good luck!

Ooooh, I hope you guys will get a reunion together. We'll be in San Antonio in December and would LOVE to meet up with the San Antonio crew (even if it's just a few for a quick lunch!) We are very blessed in Memphis to have a group of folks who make a point of getting together. It's been struggling a little lately, but we have a new resurgence with two new PIW Memphis couples! Wish the San Antonio crew could gain some strength in numbers!

Jay and I would be down!!! We would love to have a great SA support! We are very blessed to have formed a great bond with Jeff and Erin. It would be wonderful if we could have an even bigger group! I'm sure S would like it too but don't want to speak for her...

• Upvote 1

Ooooh, I hope you guys will get a reunion together. We'll be in San Antonio in December and would LOVE to meet up with the San Antonio crew (even if it's just a few for a quick lunch!) We are very blessed in Memphis to have a group of folks who make a point of getting together. It's been struggling a little lately, but we have a new resurgence with two new PIW Memphis couples! Wish the San Antonio crew could gain some strength in numbers!

We'll one of the best responses we've had is our Christmas Party at Alamo Cafe @ 2 years ago or so. Maybe it's an idea to re-visit. So what brings you to SA in December?

awww Melissa im excited you'll be in town we have to get together even if the reunion doesnt plan out in time :)

We'll one of the best responses we've had is our Christmas Party at Alamo Cafe @ 2 years ago or so. Maybe it's an idea to re-visit. So what brings you to SA in December?

(quote)

wow that sounds nice a little christmas party huh what happened to them?

I was thinking maybe a picnic potluck type thing at a state park in the area maybe on the outskirts enough to be convienent to both the San Antonio families and to maybe the Houston,Corpus area families too......I know Texas is HUGE and getting everyone together would be a hassle but maybe a south Texas gathering would work?maybe a little mini day camp Abrazo hahahaha

We are in Houston but most of the time with advance notice we can be in San Antonio it's only 3 hour drive for us. We would love to get a group going in Texas! We have been trying to activate the Houston group but haven't been successful yet.

We are actually going to San Antonio next week Thursday-Sunday for a mini-stacation. We plan on taking Garrett to Sea World and a few other things. I am ready for a little fun!!

:D

See!!! Yay!! I knew there had to be other families that wanted to get together just not everyone is as blunt as me i guess ahahaha

Ok so warning in advance thats easy enough! Awww Sea World he's gonna have a blast! I used to go every summer and actually discovered i can make a noise just like a dolphin it was a great talent because it was the only thing that made my brother keep a distance from me as fear of embarassment :)

I will start a notebook of ideas and names for this gathering and be sure to put ya'll in it...any other in put,requests etc...are more than welcome!!! Thanks!!

So what brings you to SA in December?

Just a weekend in Suite 540 with some chicks and a blue cooler. ;)

awww Melissa im excited you'll be in town we have to get together even if the reunion doesnt plan out in time :)

Yes! I know it's a short trip for us, but we are definitely going to reach out to meet up with our SA friends while we're in town! I'd love to meet you!

TX has an amazing group of families. Mandi, I hope you succeed at pulling everybody together! You've also got Austin folks not too far away!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a weekend in Suite 540 with some chicks and a blue cooler.

:) glad to see you finally get to go to orientation. Long time in the coming.

Just a weekend in Suite 540 with some chicks and a blue cooler.

:) glad to see you finally get to go to orientation. Long time in the coming.

Might be an even longer time coming... we're talking about waiting until the February orientation due to various things... but I'm so glad we'll finally get to go to orientation, too! That's one part of the experience I've missed out on and am glad to be a part of!

We'll definitely be seeing our San Antonio friends while we're in town. By waiting until February, it also means we don't have to fly in and out so quickly. We can spend an extra day in TX to enjoy everything and everybody!

I was thinking they may have a Jan orientation....sounds like Feb?

I was thinking they may have a Jan orientation....sounds like Feb?

December 7 & 8, then again in early February! They've been spaced out every 2 months or so in recent groups.

Oh come on that doesn't sound very die hard of you Melissa. Ha ha ha

You know what would be funny? If you matched/placed before orientation and became tweezers again. Sorry no blue cooler again. (I know I am mean.)

• 2 weeks later...

soooo im wondering if anyone has had a chance to look at the link to the parks i posted? I really think that the Palmetto park in Gonzalez is the best option since we are kinda half SA and half Houston and its half between lol im aiming for the last weekend in Feb...any feedback i have learned from the tennessee bunch that planning to a degree kind of early is the best bet so im trying LOL i really want this to become a regular thing like they have i think thats awesome for the kiddos and the families both AP and BP. So any assistance and feedback is greatly welcomed