Baby Announcements 2012

Stork Central

It's been said that God answers prayers "yes", "no" and "wait awhile"... and for one couple from our Gertrude & the Shark Tank orientation weekend of August, 2011, that saying will hold very special meaning forevermore!

For just weeks after the mother with whom they'd originally been matched elected to parent, she came to feel that decision had not been in her child's longterm best interests, after all. And today, that young mom (who has so lovingly tended her son since birth with the support of her parents and grandparents and siblings) bravely carried him into Abrazo's office, to be sent home instead with the mom and dad she'd chosen for him during her pregnancy.

We know this was an unspeakably painful choice for her and her family, and we commend them-- along with her son's new parents-- for their willingness to resume their open adoption arrangement on behalf of the beautiful baby boy they now share. God bless the broken road, and they that travel it when they do! Blessings, all!

Oh my! Another BOY! Praising God for these broken roads that are leading many brave women in through those Abrazo door ways! Blessings!!!

Oh, that gave me chills....

Congratulations to another family today... I can't believe we're seeing two baby announcements on the same day. This must have been such a painful and difficult decision for this mother, so I pray that she feels peace in her heart and that the entire birth family is able to rally together to gather strength from each other. Congratulations to this newly formed family!

Wow, what a day in San Antonio. I can not imagine how difficult this decision was for this young mom. I am thankful that she gave parenting a try if that is what she felt best at the time, and she will always know she gave it her all. May she have some sweet memories to carry in her heart. Blessings and peace to her and her whole family, and to the new proud parents of this sweet baby boy.

Edited by RHSegura
  • Upvote 1

may the love flow and the healing begin

• Upvote 1

Congratulations to the newly formed family! Praying for birth parents and adoptive parents as well that all transitions will go smoothly. May heavy hearts heal and be restored.

Edited by Deb_w

I must say I had chills when I read the announcement. Congrats to the newest family of 3 and prayers for the Birth-Mom and her family.

This announcement moved me to tears. Cindy and Andy, we are just so happy for you both! You were meant to be Joshua's parents all along!!

Our hearts go out to B-Mom and her family--she will forever cherish these few weeks with Joshua and knowing the two of you, you will have an incredible relationship together. Thinking of you both, Joshua, his first family and sending you lots of love!

Enjoy your first night as parents!!

Welcome baby Joshua! Congratulations Cindy and Andy! A beautiful announcement! So touching!

Lifting prayers for Joshua's first mom. May Joshua always know how much she loves him to make this decision for his future.

Congratulations Cindy and Andy! Love the name Joshua! :)

Congrats also to the Whitfields! Praying for a peaceful transition.

In this day of "instant gratification," when homecooked meals have been replaced by drive-through orders and the very phrase

"longterm marriage" begins to sound like an oxymoron, there IS something to be said for "long matches."

Back in December, when two graduates of our Gertrude & the Shark Tank orientation of 8/11 were chosen by an expectant couple early in their pregnancy, they could have said no. They could have held out to see what other opportunities might come up that might be due sooner, or would require less support. Yet they listened to that small, still voice within that whispered "say yes!"... and so they did.

They used their time wisely, between then and now, getting to know this couple who had so much faith in them, sight unseen, and today, they became the proud parents of a beautiful little baby boy, as a result. It's all about him (and that's just as it should be!)

We wish them much joy and shared pride in the son they share, in the years that lie ahead. Blessings, all!

What!!!!! Wow, Abrazo!!!! You've been so busy! Congratulations to yet another newly-formed family and prayers for the birthparents who grieve their loss.

Welcome Baby Harrison! Congratulations to Shawn and Jennifer and your families! I hope your relationship with Harrison's first parents continues to grow.

The Abrazo chicks are going to need a vacation after this week! WOW!

Congrats to the newsest family! May prayers, love and support surround all who love this little boy.