Baby Announcements 2012

Stork Central

When they came to orientation, last fall, becoming part of Gertrude & the Shark Tank weekend of August, 2011, nobody could have blamed them for perhaps being apprehensive of starting the process again, because a failed adoption in another state had left them grieving the loss of a child they'd thought was already theirs-- for over a week-- nearly a year ago.

Yet that brief taste of the glory of parenting had made them all the more determined to grow a family. Their painful loss only increased their understanding of the importance of openness in adoption. And their faith sustained them throughout their brief, five month journey from Abrazo's orientation weekend to Placement Day.

Still, the precious, six-pound miracle who became their son today could not have become their son, too, were it not for the loving sacrifice of the devoted couple who brought him into the world this week.

Having other children already, his first parents knew how important a stable home and consistent parenting can be. They wanted that and more for their little boy-- more than they could possibly provide, given their current circumstances. To feel comfortable with their choice, though, they knew they needed to place him with compassionate, open people who can be trusted to keep their word and keep in touch.

Today, they feel confident these are the parents they have chosen for him, and today, the lives of these four dedicated parents became forever joined, for the love of the newborn son they all adore so.

What a beautiful beginning to an exciting New Year! Congratulations and blessings to all, and a warm "welcome to the world" to Abrazo's firstborn baby of 2012.

Congratulations! We hope you have as much fun as we are having :).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Once there was a couple so dear, God knew they would need a child who was extra precious! They endured untold heartaches over the years, as they struggled to understand God's plan for their future. Yet as it's been said: God answers prayers with "yes," "no," and "wait awhile." So they waited and hoped and trusted, and waited some more.

Meanwhile, many states away, there was a mama so precious, God knew she and her children (and a family so special to them )would need a family who was extra wonderful! She endured countless uncertainties over the months, as she struggled to be sure she was making the right plans for her future and that of her child.Yet as it's been said: God answers prayers with "yes," "no," and "wait awhile." So she waited and trusted and hoped, and trusted some more.

And finally, we celebrate the culmination of all that waiting and all that trusting and all that hoping, as today, one beautiful bouncing baby girl is officially and forever surrounded by the love of a very precious birthmom, her ever-so-dear parents (graduates of the Gertrude & the Shark Tank orientation of, August 2011), her birthsiblings, and a special Wisconsin Abrazo family who thinks the world of all of them.

Theirs is-- truly-- a circle of love worth celebrating, and we ask God's continued blessing on each and every one of them!

Congratulations to all those who love this sweet baby girl! Look at all the love she has brought together and families she has united!:D

congratulations to the newly formed families! Blessings to the shark tank.

Welcome to our family baby girl!

I've been praying for a long time that you will find your home in the arms of James and Christy. They have been through a lot and will love you more than you will ever know. :wub:

Imagine the future... You will grow up knowing your whole family. I bet you’ll be a well traveled little lady. Your big brother Benny will watch over you. In fact, I bet he'll be super protective! Soon enough we'll be down to visit and give you a zillion little butterfly kisses. (Although I'm ready to pack up today and squeeze those cheeks of yours today!)

James and Christy - Whenever I spoke with Mama R, it was clear that she understood the pain that was in your hearts. As strong as she is, she can also be very compassionate. I love how she embraces the concept of adoption with such conviction.

Elizabeth, Audra and Brianna – You sure know how to make magic happen! Thank you for supporting Mama R as she chose her path. We will forever be grateful for bringing us all together and showing us the power of love through open adoption.

All our love,

Carine and Jim Krull

Benny, almost 2! – 1st n 10

Kimmy Jo, 4 – InDecision 08

• Upvote 6

Welcome to our family baby girl!

I've been praying for a long time that you will find your home in the arms of James and Christy. They have been through a lot and will love you more than you will ever know. :wub:

Imagine the future... You will grow up knowing your whole family. I bet you’ll be a well traveled little lady. Your big brother Benny will watch over you. In fact, I bet he'll be super protective! Soon enough we'll be down to visit and give you a zillion little butterfly kisses. (Although I'm ready to pack up today and squeeze those cheeks of yours today!)

James and Christy - Whenever I spoke with Mama R, it was clear that she understood the pain that was in your hearts. As strong as she is, she can also be very compassionate. I love how she embraces the concept of adoption with such conviction.

Elizabeth, Audra and Brianna – You sure know how to make magic happen! Thank you for supporting Mama R as she chose her path. We will forever be grateful for bringing us all together and showing us the power of love through open adoption.

All our love,

Carine and Jim Krull

Benny, almost 2! – 1st n 10

Kimmy Jo, 4 – InDecision 08

Love this! What a great testimony to open adoption!!

Christy and James,

We only have a glimpse of all the challenges you faced to becoming parents over the years from what shared with us at the orientation. Your becoming parents today is an incredible celebration and we want to send you our heartfelt congrats your way!

Love, Airi and John

• Upvote 1