Baby Announcements 2011

Stork Central

Congrats, Lindsey and Ryan! So happy to welcome our newest Tennesseeian!!

Congrats to the newest family. May your little Jack bring you more joy than you could ever imagine! :)

Congratulations to Lindsey and Ryan. Melissa knows what she's talking about when she says your little Jack will bring you more joy than you could ever imagine! ;-) !!!

Congratulations Lindsey and Ryan on the birth of baby Jack, we are so excited for you! Sending prayers for your family and Jack's birthfamily. Jack will bring so much joy to your family as you already know!

Take care,

Nicole

They weren't supposed to come to orientation until August, but back in June, when Abrazo called a childless TN couple and asked if they might consider coming earlier (with less than a week to prepare), our newest new parents were ready and willing.

They bought plane tickets on short notice, threw clothes in a suitcase and gladly uprooted their lives to attend the Believe Us, We're Normal orientation class of June, 2011.

And it was a good thing, too! because having already finished their homestudy and prepared a profile, they were just as ready and willing when an expectant mom in her third trimester (recently referred by another mom who'd placed through Abrazo) wanted to talk with them.

From their first phone call, it seemed evident, this was a match made in heaven, so again, they bought plane tickets on short notice, threw clothes in a suitcase and gladly uprooted their lives to come meet her, the very weekend they otherwise would've been attending their originally-scheduled orientation weekend.

This week, they again got a last minute call, telling them their beloved friend was in labor, so once more, they bought plane tickets on short notice, threw clothes in a suitcase, and gladly uprooted their lives to come meet the handsome angel who officially became the son of all of them, today.

God works in mysterious ways, but we thank God for this little boy, for available flights, and for the very special people God has brought together here-- seemingly on short notice, but truly, as part of a divine plan known to God since long ago. May it serve as a reminder to us all: that nothing happens by chance, and that truly, these are miracles fueled by faith. Blessings, all!

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I read it to my mom and we were both crying by the end of it. I'll admit though, it doesn't take much for me to cry these days! I think I'll print it out and make it into a book to read to Baby Jack when he gets older. Thank you to everyone for your well wishes. Our lives are already changed forever and we are happy beyond words. Life is good.

-Lindsey

• Upvote 1

“The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the person that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but those whose hearts are firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, they will pursue their principles to success.” ~ Thomas Paine

The adoption process is, perhaps, one of life's greatest challenges. It requires of its participants great responsibility and much emotional investment, yet it requires those who take it on to invest themselves fully with no guarantees, and no promise of a positive outcome-- and this applies to parents who place as well as parents who adopt. Who could rightly blame anyone for wanting to give up, when challenges arise? and yet, what better parents are there than those who soldier on, despite occasional heartbreak and disappointments, all for the love of a new child scarcely known to either, yet so important to both.

Today, we celebrate the much-awaited homecoming of a precious baby boy whose parents all know all too well the sorrows of failed adoption plans, yet who appreciate each other all the more because each persevered in the face of great disappointment and kept the faith, for his sake. May this much-adored son they now share grow up with the courage, strength and determination of both families, and may he bless the day that his adoptive parents (graduates of TIKLV, Abrazo's 11/10 orientation weekend) and his first family became friends and family forever. Blessings, all!

• Upvote 2

CONGRATULATIONS TO THIS TIKKIE FAMILY! Can't wait to see your family picture!! So Happy for you.

God is Good and does have a plan for all our families.:D

Hugs and blessings to you,

Praise...I needed good news this morning.... :D

I don't know that I've ever been happier for a placement!! Yet again, a baby has made his way to the family absolutely, without a doubt, meant for him!!! I don't know that there's ever been a more deserving couple, either. So happy for this miracle - I'm amazed and so happy!! Welcome to the world (and your wonderful new family), baby Joseph!! You are already loved by so many, including your Auntie Melissas!!!

Edited by Steven&Melissa

I don't know that I've ever been happier for a placement!!

Well Melissa, I can think of one pretty special one from LAST Sept. that made you a happy woman! :D

This announcement made my day! Huge congrats to Jim and Beth and baby's birth family. Welcome to the wonderful world and Abrazo family baby Joseph.

Amy