Baby Announcements 2011

Stork Central

How great to see Greek on the Forum!!! As a fellow Greek Family, we are especially thrilled to send our congrats to Dannette and Chris on the arrival of baby Christo!! May you enjoy these early precious days with your son, his birthfamily and all who love him :)

Susan, Bill (Vasili), Tasia and Elektra

"God will not permit any troubles to come upon us,

unless He has a specific plan by which great blessing can come out of the difficulty."

Dr. Peter Marshall, Scottish-born U.S. Senate Chaplain, 1947-1949

Just two weeks ago, one of Abrazo's favorite hospital social workers encountered an expectant mother who desperately need compassionate help making a late-term adoption plan. A devoted mother of two, she is the glue that holds two generations of her own family together, and she'd been secretly carrying a child whose needs she feared she could not meet, given her obligations on behalf of everyone else.

In a different time and place, she might never have considered adoption, because she dotes on the children she already has and wished things could be different. But she knew that all she had to work with was what existed in the here and now and she just didn't feel she had enough to give, to enable her baby the life she wanted to afford him. Thus she has painstakingly chosen to entrust his future to a couple from Abrazo's Believe Me, We're Normal orientation group of June, 2011 who could never have imagined, one week ago, how swiftly their own fate would change.

We trust that her decision will truly prove to be a great blessing for her, for her family and for theirs, and that this wee one will grow up surrounded by and secure in the love of each of them. Congratulations, all!

My "...Lands" what a week or should I say weekend....I can't keep all the new announcements straight.... Welcome to World Alexander & may your World never be the same!!! Boys Rock!!!

Congratulations Leah and Kevin!! What wonderful news, we are so happy for you!

Take care,

Nicole and Brian Turnis

Edited by Nicole in IA

May this child have the life his birthmother dreams for him. Congradulations!

Congratulations to Leah & Kevin on becoming parents and having a new forever family. :D

Blessings,

Tracey

Congratulations, Leah and Kevin! It feels like just yesterday we were welcoming you to the Abrazo forum and now you're parents!! Hard to believe something so amazing can happen so quickly.

"Να φροντίζετε δύναμη του πνεύματος για να σας ασπίδας στην ξαφνική κακοτυχία. Αλλά μην διατρέχουν κίνδυνο τον εαυτό σας με σκούρα φαντασιώσεις. Πολλοί φόβοι γεννιούνται από την κούραση και τη μοναξιά. Πέρα από ένα υγιεινό πειθαρχία, να είναι ευγενής με τον εαυτό σας. Είσαι παιδί του Σύμπαντος, όχι λιγότερο από ό, τι τα δέντρα και τα αστέρια? Έχετε το δικαίωμα να είμαι εδώ. Και κατά πόσο ή όχι είναι σαφές σε σας, χωρίς αμφιβολία το σύμπαν εξελίσσεται όπως θα έπρεπε."

"Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."

-- from the "Desiderata" by Max Ehrman

Undoubtedly, two very special angels named Sharon and Gus were watching from Heaven with joy, as her beloved daughter and son-in-law and as his favorite aunt and uncle finally met their long-awaited son this week.

The proud new parents hail from Abrazo's Griffin & the Gliders orientation weekend of 1/11, and it was because of their friendship with another Abrazo couple who took placement several years ago that they found their way here.

In the course of their adoption plan, they did sometimes have to choose not to be "distressed by dark imaginings," but they felt called to the arrangement to which they'd committed, and to the birthmom who saw so much potential in them, even when it required patience, gentle faith, and redoing the nursery just weeks before the due date.

And it's a good thing they did! Because clearly, the universe has unfolded as it should; their newborn son will forever enjoy a world full of trees and stars, and he will undoubtedly appreciate their willingness to save all that pink bedding for their next new family member.

Boys rule! Blessings, all!

Please excuse us of being new parents but we just saw this most beautiful post from home office. I just called Abrazo to thank them for the most beautiful message that we could every receive and thank God they were out to lunch because I don't think I can talk with out sobbing. It means so much to us for this post that words can't express our thanks to Abrazo and who ever wrote this and I know who did because she writes so beautiful on this forum. I noticed that the above message that is in Greek was from the Desiderata which is italian. My mother Sharon's maiden name is Desiderato and she has passed 18 years ago and how crazy that a saying that was used for us was from the Desiderata which I have a couple of books on being it is a family name. Gus which is Costa in Greek is our nephew who was 8 years old and died in a car accident. They definitely are our angels. We appreciate Abrazo for recognizing two people we love and miss.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for this. I have copied and pasted it and it will be displayed at our baby shower that our family is having for us. It will also be framed and put in Christo's room.

We look forward to camp Abrazo and I will hold on to all my baby girl things in which the theme was angels and look forward to when abrazo can make another dream come true.

Sincere thanks to Abrazo,

Chris , Danette and Christo Pontikis

• Upvote 1

Hello!

I am not too sure if I posted on this part of the forum a few days back (please forgive if I did, this past week has been a wee bit crazy).

We just wanted to say Thank You for all of the well-wishes.

We also want to thank his incredible Birth-Mom, who has entrusted us with the most incredible blessing. We hope one day that we can tell her in-person how Thankful we are.

Kevin and I are so in love with Alexander. He is the most gorgeous, wee boy and he makes us smile 24/7.

Love,

L & K & A xxx