How Is Everyone?

Jim and Laura

We just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing! We recently sent in our application and we are waiting patiently (hah!). There has not been a post in this area for some time...so we wanted to say hello and wondering how everyone is holding up during this process!

Hey Team Rogers,

How's it going for you guys? Any movement with the application this week? I know the waiting is tough.

For me, looking back on it I'm glad I had some time before orientation to read and look at forum threads and think through stuff and get our heads straight before we started the PIW rollercoaster. When I think of last January when we decided to really look into adoption and make it happen this year I think, wow, we've come a long way mentally. I'd say our resolve & commitment got stronger during that wait and so we can get through ups and downs better.

My answer to how I am right now is - sometimes calm, sometimes crazy :P - but that's just me in general. As a soon-to-be hopeful new parent I have moments of panic about parenting. But we also spend a good amount of time daydreaming about sitting around the house with baby. And we also have days where we try not to have EVERY conversation revolve around adoption or babies. Our new favorite game though is testing our short list of about 30 baby names (we need to narrow it down, I know) by dropping them in a sentence and seeing the other person's gut reaction.

So who else is out there in application status land - either working on the application or in limbo or heard back and waiting for the next step? It was helpful for me to start forum talking with some of our to-be Choppers before orientation.

Have a great weekend!

Amy

Hi Team Rogers,

We're a little further behind you with Abrazo. We just sent in our inquiry a couple of weeks ago. So, we're just waiting to hear back from our inquiry and find out next steps (application, etc.). We've been officially waiting (not so patiently at times ;) ) with our local agency for just over a year (wish we would've known about Abrazo back then!) but are excited at exploring becoming a part of the Abrazo family.

Beth (& Jim)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome Karen and Erin! We just dropped our application off at FedEx and went ahead and included our registration form for the upcoming orientation so we're hoping to get started very soon (realizing of course that we still have to be officially invited)! It's exciting to be on our way!

Thanks for the welcome Karen and Erin! We just dropped our application off at FedEx and went ahead and included our registration form for the upcoming orientation so we're hoping to get started very soon (realizing of course that we still have to be officially invited)! It's exciting to be on our way!

Woohoo! Congrats on getting done with your application Beth, such a good feeling. The next orientation is so soon and you'll have a blast - good luck with your invitation. Where would you be coming from (if you want to share)?

Looking forward to following your journey.

Amy

Thanks, Amy! We'll be coming from Virginia - just outside DC.

As another Virginian, I say welcome to the Abrazo family!

There is a small but growing group of Abrazo families in the NoVa area. Susan & I head up the yearly gathering for the Virginia/WVa/DC/Maryland region.

Feel free to PM me for questions, etc.

Welcome to Abrazo.

Blessings, Amy

Thanks, Amy. It's great to know there is a growing group of families from this area and a get together, too! We were able to hear from one of those families at our current agency's waiting parents' meeting and that really sealed it for us coming to Abrazo.

I've been trying to absorb all I can on the forum but it will be great to know others nearby that have already "been there, done that" :-)