Getting Ready to Submit The Adoption Application

Bill and Tara

Hello Everyone,

We are completing the adoption application, and are feeling excited and hopeful. We are looking forward to orientation, and the next steps in our journey to become parents. We welcome any information and/or support.

God Bless,

Bill & Tara

Olive Branch, MS

Hello Everyone,

We are completing the adoption application, and are feeling excited and hopeful. We are looking forward to orientation, and the next steps in our journey to become parents. We welcome any information and/or support.

God Bless,

Bill & Tara

Olive Branch, MS

Welcome Bill and Tara! You'll find so much support here on the forum - and a bunch of other Memphis-area folks! My husband and I live in Memphis and there are a bunch of other families here from the area who have provided a ton of support.

We just recently completed the application as well and just received an invitation to the orientation at the end of this month. We're happy to provide support to you as you jump each hurdle! This is such an exciting process and you'll meet some great friends here.

Take a look around the forum and find the Homesteads section. Then look under United States of Adoption and locate the "MAMS" thread. That's where you'll find the other Memphis families!

So glad you're here! :D

Melissa

Welcome Bill and Tara! My husband Scott and I went through orientation the beginning of February and matched about 6 weeks later, so we are still somewhat "newbies" in the process, but have found that the topics on the forum help a lot. Definitely look around like Melissa suggested as the postings help answer questions and can give you an idea of the process. Everyone on hear is really nice and helpful, so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome Bill and Tara! Can't wait to follow your journey! There is so much support and information on the forum!

Blessings,

Tracey

Wow Bill and Tara...we are neighbors!! We live in OB and adopted our son through Abrazo nine years ago! We also have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who we adopted locally! Would love to meet you and journey with you through this amazing (and often difficult) process! I'll pm you my contact info if you want to get in touch!

Hi Bill and Tara!

We're in Memphis too, and we sent in our full application in March. We're just waiting for August orientation!

There's lots of good info on the forum - Take a look through all the sections and ask questions as they come up.

Thank you all for the warm welcome and support. We are still getting familiar with all the topics on the forum, but we are excited to see so much useful information in one place and answers to our many questions. Again, thank you so much for all the support!

Tara & Bill

Welcome to the Abrazo Forum!! We can't wait to follow your journey to parenthood! This site offers tons of advice for everyone so have fun and take a look around!!

Edited by Monica281