A Birth Grandmother's Role

WAIT FOR GOD’S ANSWER

Our patience allows God to possess our soul. Hope in the Almighty’s intervention and the power of prayer are what bring peace to a soul plagued by pain. It is in our adversity that the voice of the Almighty is near and clear. We just need to listen, really listen. The earwax of anger may be blocking the hearing canals of our heart. The water of worry may stop up our soul’s capacity to hear Christ. The pain that racks our body may be distracting us from discerning the Lord’s instruction. Whatever may be blocking our communication with Christ we need to give over to Him. We can trust Him, so wait and listen to Him.

• Upvote 1

This will be a busy weekend with studying, finals week,...Lauranda has to read/review 20 chapters in preperation for one class final on Tues.. so I will be helping her with them... ay will be dreaming of psy for a few days.. :blink:

hope all have a great weekend...

I hope Lauranda does well on her exam.

We have a wedding to attend today, Kevin's work Christmas party tonight and we will be moving the rest of our small household ties tomorrow into the new house. So our weekend will be very busy.

I just wanted to tell you thank you for your post on Friday. It is a reminder that I need to be open to some wonderful possibilities in 2013, if I will just be willing to have a patience and listen.

I hope Lauranda does well on her exam.

We have a wedding to attend today, Kevin's work Christmas party tonight and we will be moving the rest of our small household ties tomorrow into the new house. So our weekend will be very busy.

I just wanted to tell you thank you for your post on Friday. It is a reminder that I need to be open to some wonderful possibilities in 2013, if I will just be willing to have a patience and listen.

You are SUPER busy, hope you all had a great time at Wedding and Christmas party.. our last move was 19 years ago the day after Thanksgiving, I would hate to move now with all the stuff we have acquired..... :wacko:

After hearing about your weekend, mine doesn't seem so bad, at least no time constraints except for the studying..we did take a two hour break yesterday to attend a child's bday party, then back home to the books.. It just seems Christmas sneaked up on me.. Though it's not like I don't know when it comes :ph34r: , I just kept thinking I had more time then I really did.. Still have five more gifts to get all for males (I don't like shopping for males) may have to do all gift cards here.. Have to start planning on what to pack for our trip to Maryland in a couple weeks..Trying to squeeze more hours out of the day is not working very well..

I know what you mean about patience (not one of my strong virtues :D ) and listening.. Sometimes it almost seems like God has to get hit over the head to make me just stop and be still long enough to understand things.. I am doing better, have worked hard and will continue to work on this.. Though he and I have a lot of heart to heart conversations, sometimes I know he probably wants me to do less talking and more listening.. :lol:

hope your able to get some rest soon... Congrats on the new house/home...

I so enjoy your posts Mari! You make me smile.

I so enjoy your posts Mari! You make me smile.

Me too!! She is such a wise and compassionate person, we really do value you Mari!!!

Suzi, Monica, I sure am glad ya'l understand code ;) because I just re-read what I wrote and all I can say is I must of been still asleep or my thoughts and hands were not working together on this. Left words out and put extra words where they didn't belong...

Mari,

Yes, we did have a lovely time at the Wedding and the Christmas party.

I was so happy that my friend got married. She was single for a very long time and she met a wonderful man last year and they fell in love. He seems like a great guy. She is in her late 50s and he is in his earl 60s. I think they plan on both retiring soon and will be doing a lot fo traveling.

The Christmas party was very nice. The food was delicious and we really enjoyed the band.

My Mom has always told me that I need to sit still and listen to what I need to be hearing. She told me that before we started our adoption journey and she told me that recently concerning some career opportunities. I just need to have patience. It's hard for me but I'm working on it.

I like your comment about the Heart to Heart conversations. As I had one of those yesterday :D

I think I'm going to follow your lead and do gift cards for my brothers. It is always so hard to buy for them.

I hope Lauranda's final went well today!

Leah,

Thank you... She thinks it went ok... she's been in her room all evening studying for her next final tomorrow.. Just came out long enough to eat dinner.. I know she will so happy to have this week done with...

Ellie,

We are planning to drop by as soon as soon as we can.. We have my niece's Christmas ballet recital in the morning, but we usually go out to eat after her recitals.. But I really hope we can pull away early enough to at least allow us time to meet everyone.. Can't wait to me Princess Naomi -_- (she won't make me curtsy to her will she) :D

Ellie,

We are planning to drop by as soon as soon as we can.. We have my niece's Christmas ballet recital in the morning, but we usually go out to eat after her recitals.. But I really hope we can pull away early enough to at least allow us time to meet everyone.. Can't wait to me Princess Naomi -_- (she won't make me curtsy to her will she) :D

Funny :)

“Along the Road"

I walked a mile with Pleasure;

She chattered all the way.

But left me none the wiser

For all she had to say.

I walked a mile with Sorrow

And ne'er a word said she;

But oh, the things

I learned from her

When Sorrow

walked with me!

-Robert Browning, Poet

• Upvote 1

Beautiful and true

Mari - I just wanted to say how wonderful it was to meet you and Lauranda today! Joseph really loved those lights! And he definitely warmed up to you both by the end of lunch :)

Mari - I just wanted to say how wonderful it was to meet you and Lauranda today! Joseph really loved those lights! And he definitely warmed up to you both by the end of lunch :)

Beth,

I loved the opportunity to meet you and your beautiful family in person.. Your little tyke is adorable.. He warmed up to me, just didn’t want to make it too obvious to others ;) .. but I caught him playing peek a boo several times.. :ph34r:

Mari- it was so great to meet you & Lauranda today! I really enjoyed visiting with you both- you are so kind & gracious & it was such a pleasure to talk to you.

Teri

It was so nice and a pleasure meeting you and Steven (?..hope I got that right :o )..I look forward to following your journey….Wishing you the best in the coming months… You both seem like a very warm, caring and loving couple,, Expectant mom/family will be proud to have you as extended family and all of you blessed to have each other..

Beth, I loved the opportunity to meet you and your beautiful family in person.. Your little tyke is adorable.. He warmed up to me, just didn’t want to make it too obvious to others ;) .. but I caught him playing peek a boo several times.. :ph34r:

How could he not warm up to you?! ;) Joseph can be very picky about adults but he really liked both you and Lauranda!

Thinking of many throughout the forum and those who have yet to find their way... from one end of the spectrum to the other, God will lead us to where we are each meant to be...

"A dream can be nurtured over years and years and then flourish rapidly. . . . Be patient. It will happen for you. Sooner or later, life will get weary of beating on you and holding the door shut on you, and then it will let you in and throw you a real party!"

Les(ter Louis) Brown

• Upvote 1

Traveling to Maryland on Christmas day…struggling to decide what to pack… mine and Lauranda’s suit cases have been sitting there collecting dust for the past two (or more :blink: ) weeks and don’t have a stitch of clothing in them..

My SIL says a light jacket over sweaters…heck I live in SOUTH TEXAS a light jacket for me is when we get in the high 60s.. Anything below 65 requires a thick (er) one for me.. Menopause or no Menopause :lol:

Mari, you're so funny! It's also funny to watch how people from up North are practically DYING in 90 degree weather hahaha.

No joke... I have a sister in law that lives in Portland Maine and the one that lives in Maryland (lived at one time in Africa)... Of course it's taken them years to get used to their weather now but when they come back to SA, they feel the heat... the humidity is the killer for them, including for my daughter who has lived in Vegas for almost 9 yrs....Good thing they aren't made of chocolate or they would melt in just 75 degree weather now…

Personally I can tolerate cold better then heat (prefer spring and fall)… I can layer up in cold weather, but in the 100 plus temps we (I) can only take off so much in public before frightening anyone :rolleyes: , getting arrested or worse getting put in a loony jacket and locked up a different way…

So when do you head out of town? Be careful with that precious cargo little princess.. actually two cargos..