A Birth Grandmother's Role

Thanks for posting this link.

At our adoption support group at Church we had a excellent Speaker in September who discussed this topic and we learned so much!

Also, when we were looking for a pediatrician we specifically sought one out that worked with families that adopted. Not just for ensuring that they understood we would need more time during our well-baby check-ups for paperwork, etc. but for any emotional support we needed.

I'm so grateful for our pediatricain as she not only adores Alexander but she always ask us how we are doing.

Leah, it sounds like your church has a great program for adoption.. do they offer this as well for placement side?

I believe they do. I know there is a organization that meets there once a month.

Yes, we love the church we go to. The Adoption Ministry they offer there is incredible.

They are the ones that we first reached out to when we started our adoption journey.

Last night they had a social worker come and discuss with us how to share with our children that they are adopted. She gave examples of how to do it at all ages, how to handle the discussion if we are in a open adoption, how to discuss it if they were placed early on through CPS with a family, etc.

It was a great discussion.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mari!!!!! :) I truely hope its a Grrrreat Day for uou you so deserve it! Youre such an amazing selfless,giving inspirational woman! I am so proud to say i know you!

Happy Birthday dear lady! May you be blessed with another year filled with love, laughter and health.

Happy Birthday Mari!!

Happy Birthday Mari! I hope your treated extra special today! :wub: You mean so much to so many of the forum family! Always so glad you are here!

Happy birthday, Mari!! Hope it was a wonderful day! Sending lots of love to you on this very special day!

Thank you all for my bday good wishes, ya'll are awesome... I not only had a great day but had a great weekend.. One of my best gifts was spending the weekend with my grandbaby, she and her parents were down for a visit, love seeing them and her but most of all love seeing my daughter glowing and continuing to make some wonderful memories.... day filled with almost all my loved ones, just missing my oldest baby girl.. .. Will up load some pics in a day or so.. Wishing all a great week!!

• Upvote 1

What a wonderful birthday present! I love all the pictures! I especially love the 4 generations picture! I so hope we'll be able to have that same picture for Joseph one day now that his GG (great grandma) is involved. Your family is just beautiful :wub:

Your family really is so beautiful, Mari! I love the photos. Seeing you all with your granddaughter is a wonderful sight. She is obviously loved beyond measure!

I just love your family, Mari, and the fact that you all spend these very special celebrations together - such great photos & memories & lots of love! Happy belated birthday! :)

What a wonderful birthday present! I love all the pictures! I especially love the 4 generations picture! I so hope we'll be able to have that same picture for Joseph one day now that his GG (great grandma) is involved. Your family is just beautiful :wub:

Beth, I hope Joseph can have a special picture like this...I wish that for all babes.... What a better testimony of their heritage/legacy that they can look back on... It took my mom a while to come around, mainly I think she was proctecting hers and my daughter's hearts.. But when we kinda pushed her (gently :D ) in that direction she was a gonner no turning back :wub: ..

Thank you all for the beautiful comments.. She is a very much loved child!!! And we are all so blessed to have her and each other...

Same thing happened with GG, as soon as she saw him, there was no going back! She came to visit us with Grandma M this last time we were down as well and it was so wonderful to just see the look in her eyes :)

Same thing happened with GG, as soon as she saw him, there was no going back! She came to visit us with Grandma M this last time we were down as well and it was so wonderful to just see the look in her eyes :)

Oh, yes that look!! The look of pure love, seems like we can almost see their hearts through their eyes... :wub: that's how it seemed to me..

Finally got the ok today from my podiatrist to ease on out of my sneakers.. After 3 plus months..But have to wear them if I plan to be on my feet a lot, walk a lot, work in the yard, etc… thank goodness I can start using REGULAR shoes again slowly.. I can also start exercising 20 mins every other day for the next two weeks then add another 20 mins and work my way through the next six weeks then I am home free after that (I hope).. Geeze I had never realized how long the process of healing my broken toe would be. But so glad I didn’t opt for any surgery… I am so ready to get into my boots at least even though I will have to wait to wear any heels for any long periods of time, which I only had been wearing 2 to 2 1/2 inch ones anyway.. keep reminding myself…of the baby steps............ baby steps doggonit!!

Wishing each one of you a beautiful Thanksgiving.. For all first families May God’s continued blessings bring strength and comfort to all those in need. For each member of the triad and their families, may God shine his light upon you. For all who are patiently waiting, may He continue to strengthen you with faith.

Thank You, Friend

Thank you, friend, for all the things

That mean so much to me--

For concern and understanding

You give abundantly.

Thanks for listening with your heart;

For cheering me when I'm blue;

For bringing out the best in me;

And just for being you.

Thanks for in-depth conversation

That stimulates my brain;

For silly times we laugh out loud;