A Birth Grandmother's Role

Thank you all for the prayers.. They were some very difficult days, my prayers continue for family and friend's healing to continue. Haveto admit, it put me on edge knowing his passing was due to his seizures.. God please watch over all who deal with these scary episodes.

Well my baby girl is finally done with her last class for the summer, so we are on our way to visit my baby girl (first born) in Vegas for a few days.. So looking forward to getting away for a while..

Yal have a great weekend..

Have fun in Vegas! This is going to sound stupid, but the Walgreens stores on the strip are really amazing- if you need to duck into an air-conditioned place for a minute or two, or to pick up FRESH VEGETABLES or extra flip-flops, I recommend it.

Thank you ladies, it's great having both my girls together!!

Lol Laney, your right the Walgreens on the strip are super nice, have been there on many occasions for cool off or purchase.. :-)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve wonder one tooooooo many times what would be said about me at my funeral.. Trying to picture my Eulogy is hard because I sometimes wonder “who am I really?” (morbid I know)… I really don’t hang out with anyone on a regular bases, don’t chit chat on the phone, and really other then with family don’t socialize often or on a regular bases..Guess I just pretty much keep to myself, kinda boring, and a homebody.. So different then I was as a teen and young adult, at this point my daughters at least my youngest would say “because your OLD ma!”…yes can hear her now, those words ringing in my ears, kinda like my TMJ ;)

BUUTTTT I think I may have found a pliable solution… Yeah doggie, I think I’m going to have Laney write it! Laney with your sense of humor you will be able to make me sound FUN, friendly, outgoing, nice, compassionate, wise, yes and even perfectionist (which I don’t agree with but that’s what I’m told I am)with high expectations..Baloney to me but have to take the good with the bad in order to make me well rounded :D....All those adjectives that I know you will be able to interlace with humor.. Oh and let’s not forget an AWESOME grandma (Nana)… We will have to get together one day over some wine and discuss, though I prefer beer to wine, somehow saying get together over some beer doesn’t sound very sophisticated for women like with men “let’s get together and discuss over a few beers hahaha”… We can round up a few more ladies to give their two cents worth and see what you can come up with.. what doya think? You game?? :lol:

Ay yayay one of those days :P

• Upvote 1

OMG do you mean me? Okay here's how I feel about this:

1. Beers, yes. Absolutely, 100 times yes.

2. I can already imagine some pretty intense poetry about Mari, the legend. Floating about the forum, dipping into everyone's stories here and there. You bring, paradoxically, levity and gravitas-- an important lightness-- to our worlds. In moments of indescribable sorrow, you are empathy. In moments of unstoppable joy, you are trumpets and flowers. A thread weaving in and out of our lives, comforting us with your love, you say, "I'm here. I'm listening."

And 3. I think Lauranda and I can agree that this is all pointless because you will never need a eulogy, you will never die, stop talking about our mom like that.

XO

Laney

“Floating about the forum, dipping into everyone's stories here and there.”

See, that’s a good start, here I picture a bee or maybe a butterfly going from flower to flower.. haha, just thought of something..Of course some can look at it also as sticking my nose in others business,.. :D

Eventually I will and I sure want to have some control on what is said :rolleyes:.. Have to plan and think ahead....My spouse is long winded and gets off track too easily, plus this would make my girls job so much easier, something to keep them laughing (at my expense as usual) and giving each other that "mom's gone nuts" look and rolling their eyes.. :rolleyes: I plan on laminating it and putting it in my safe until it’s needed, of course I need to buy a safe first :)..

Or hey, it can be used when I celebrate my 60th bday, oh wait….no that’s not too far away, maybe a milestone one… 75th bday, yeah that’s better, that gives me more time.. So we could replace eulogy with tribute B) I wouldn’t mind living to 100 if I was in fairly good health and not a burden to my girls.. We can hope though right?

Hugs to ya...

Duh, getting him help would have been the ideal solution… Where was their common sense! :huh:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/texas/article/Police-Couple-kept-son-locked-away-for-years-5583986.php#item-30501

So disturbing. And a reminder about why there are so many hoops to jump through with adoption- hopefully the lengthy and involved process keeps some abuse from happening.

It is disturbing, here last week a young father (early 20s)was arrested, he left his almost 1 yr old in the bath water while he went to make a drug deal.. Baby drowned, he claimed to step away for a minute to get her some clothes..

It's just heart breaking what kids are subjected to at the hands of their parents or other adults that are supposed to protect them.

that hurts my heart - RIP sweet baby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished listening to an audio book called “Why I Stayed” by Gayle Haggard.. I knew nothing about her, her family, the struggles, the life she had, but for some reason the book just caught my eye and I decided to check it out.. Wow, I had a hard time putting it away! The book is full of scripture, many of the verses are verses that I have often read and heard, but hearing them along with her story made/allowed me to find different meaning in many. Feeling ostracized from “Christian” people is a feeling I’ve known, but not to the degree that she had it happen to her. I’m still trying to sort through the emotions and the thoughts that listening to her book brought up to the surface, but one thing is for sure I will ALWAYS continue to thank God for the few good friends that have stuck around. :wub:

For anyone interested in an exclusive showing of movie The Song that comes to theaters on the 26 of Sept. Here is some info and link… You will need to register in order to get tickets Only two tickets per person and RSVP .. Lauranda and I went to see this a couple of weeks ago and we enjoyed it.. :)

NEW MOVIE FOR COUPLES THAT'S REAL AND RELEVANT
THE SONG is a music driven romantic drama about things we all pursue... love and meaning. Inspired by the Song of Solomon. Click below to watch the trailer and save your seat!

MAKE IT A MOVIE DATE NIGHT FOR YOUR LEADERSHIP TEAM
City on a Hill Studio and Samuel Goldwyn Films invite you to a free VIP advance showing of THE SONG for select leaders and their spouses. Don't miss this exclusive opportunity to see this anticipated movie.

THE SONG CHURCH RESOURCES feature teaching by author and pastor Kyle Idleman and includes a small group Bible Study, a Pastor's kit, and couples devotional.
More info at www.TheSongResources.com

Experience THE SONG for yourself before the film opens in theaters this September.

http://events.thesongmovie.com/events/list?sort=state

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of and praying for a mama and her baby boy.. God I'm sure she needs your strength, I pray she feels you cradling her and her son. Prayers also for all who they have brought together in love.

For all who may be in need of some encouragement.. :(

MASTER PLAN

There is never a moment in life

That we don’t need God standing by;

He is the answer we’re seeking

When we ask the question “Why?”

It’s all a matter of faith,

The faith that allows you to pause

And remember the full importance

And immutability of God’s laws.

He’s standing there beside you,

And in faith you can always see

That God has a plan for forever

Though its unknown by you and me;

So with Him in control you can focus

On performing as well as you can

The duties he wants you to handle

While He handles the master plan.

B. Killebrew

• Upvote 1

Stork, Glad you posted Oprah's wise words here, I shared yesterday on my FB thinking of All who are in need of these words. Prayers for all