A Birth Grandmother's Role

The pictures are precious, thank you for sharing them with your forum family

They really are beautiful! We were blessed with an amazing birth grandmother when Amelia came into our family and I think often to the love you have for Sloane. She has been a huge added bonus to our lives, so I can only imagine the very special place she'll hold in Amelia's heart. :wub:

Grandmas are the BEST!!

How wonderful, Amelia has her grama's heart no doubt as do many of the kiddos who have any of their first grandparents in their life.. :-) more people to love and validate them.

Hello all,

I am in need of some assistance... I am sure there is a list somewhere, I was hoping to get the names of a few books that are recommended to PIWs to read in preparation for their journey with open adoption.

Thanks in advance

Thank you Hannah,

I really appreciate your response. :)

My daughter is doing a project for one of her classes for the field in which she wants to work with and we were talking about books available for birthparents/moms, I had mentioned to her that I thought I had seen somewhere or heard that some of those books and maybe a few others were recommended for PIWs.. And since we can't access the forum from home she asked me if I could post to see what other books maybe were good books recommended.

One was this: http://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/twenty-things-adopted-kids-wish-their-adoptive-parents-knew-sherrie-eldridge/1100620024?ean=9780440508380

Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew by Sherrie Eldridge

This is one of the best books I have read about adoption.

We had an early Egg Hunt today...fun fun fun!!!

We had a wonderful Easter with family and friends this weekend.. :)

BUT!!! We also had a GREAT pre-Easter celebration with a picnic the previous weekend with my Angel Girl, my God-Children and my sister in law. A BONUS was having yet another wonderful time with our SPECIAL overnight guest (my angel girl) which gave us an added blessing and much to be thankful for. I can’t even begin to tell you how much we appreciate and love her mommy and daddy for these gifts. My heart runith over to be a witness to the strong affection and closeness my daughter and her daughter share with each other, something that would not be possible without the giving hearts and the true essence of open adoption. :wub:

Yet another wonderful blessing for us coming up, my daughter is receiving her Associates Degree on May 10 YAYYYYY.. What an awesome way for her to spend Birth Mother’s Day and great added celebration for Mother’s Day. Thank you all who have cheered her on!! God willing Next one is her Bachelor’s Degree in a few years. :)

• Upvote 2

LOVE reading of your special weekend with your angel girl and of Lauranda's upcoming graduation! I am so proud of her and her accomplishments and know she has worked really hard in her studies. I always enjoy reading and sharing in your happiness when it comes to seeing your daughter with her daughter. I know her parents have to feel so blessed by you all too! Xoxo

• Upvote 1

So happy to hear about your wonderful weekend!!! And HUUUUUGE congratulations to Lauranda on her Associate's Degree! Great job to your girl! Super proud of her and I know you are beaming all-around! :)

• Upvote 1

Way to go Lauranda! I know it's a big accomplishment for your whole family! I imagine your angel girl and your family through her are also so proud!

HUGE congratulations Lauranda!!!!!!

thank you everyone so much...

I wanted to post pics, but there are some really nice ones on the forums first page and I don't want to over-ride any of them.. Wish there was a way to post to my gallery without disturbing the forum page... :(