A Birth Grandmother's Role

Hope you feel better Very Soon!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Tracey..

I hope all of you who have had to endure this nasty weather finally get some much needed relief soon.. We hit 91 one day last week and today we are slated to hit 80.. though our weatherman keeps saying for gardeners not to get ahead of oneself and start planting anything, because we haven't had the last freeze of this winter yet.. shoot Lauranda and I are going to have to re-plant all her herbs, peppers/veggies even after all the work of covering her plants.. ... But that's ok, I'm looking forward to it, getting out there and doing the work..

Yal have a GREAT week! :)

Wow those temps! Have you ever tented your plants so you don't have to pull them? I am not in the know just saw others putting up poles and plastic sheeting of some kind or other.

Oh yes we sure did cover what we wanted to preserve.. We had the big tarp, hooks and power, though we had to ck often because we would get some pretty strong wind. Guess wanting them to survive two winters.. Was pushing it.. :)

Did notice this weekend that my Easter Lillies are starting to come up, they plus my ferns are the only thing green in our flower bed. Lol

Well gotta go now, class starts in 10min..

Sometimes somethings leave me speechless!!!

You've gotten me curious. :) Hoping it was a good speechless, and not a bad speechless!

Lol, oh one of those things that also left me curious or I guess dumbfounded in a not so good way :huh:.. Sometimes just have to step back and not try to figure out the What!! :o Probably was just me :unsure:

Oh forgot to mention here..

Moms/Dads,

Lauranda and I had the opportunity to go see a sneak preview of the movie Moms’ Night Out last night and we both highly recommend it.. It’s full of laughs; faith based and keeps you engaged. Opens in theaters on May 9

momsnightoutmovie.com

Well, Lauranda and I were surveying the damage to her veggie and herb garden yesterday, looks like we've got some work to do... Waiting for the next cold spell due next week to pass, before digging back in..

Meanwhile take advantage of a beautiful day (once the fog lifts) and head to the Farmers Market..

Kinda bummed that our spring break trip to Vegas fell through :(Was really looking forward to seeing my baby girl..

The good thing is that it looks like our weather will be nice and mild for a few days, so for anyone traveling here, it's great... Hope all who have plans for Spring Break have a great one!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Humm, so I am starting to think I should be self- conscience or something…

Someone I have known for more than five years commented that if I wanted, she “could give” me”the name of” her”hair stylist she does a wonderful job with color to cover up the grey” …. What…….. *%# …….. Did I hear you right??????? :o

My first thought was “ok you’re kidding right?” But from the expression on her face, she was dead serious.. How Rude can someone be.. THE only people that I would excuse from telling me something like that are my MOM (because she will do it anyway whether I want her to or not :blink:) and my two girls (they are like their grandma in that way ^_^)..

I know I should be satisfied with the embarrassed look on her face after I told her… :)

“You know, I appreciate your concern for me But really GREY hair does not bother me one bit, and I don't care to or need to color my roots every 4 weeks like you. See I was born with numerous birthmarks, Beauty Marks I like to call them, these two which you see in my hairline, of course the one right in front is quite a bit smaller than the one here on the right side, and since the day I was born AND I’ve had hair those areas have been white. I just can’t believe I’ve known you for as long as I have and you have never noticed, it’s not like I try and hide them or anything, after all this one on the right is a pretty good size one with a big patch of only white hair.” :rolleyes:

Talk about a mouth dropping moment…..a shade of red so deep I thought she was going to have a coronary…

I know without a doubt that in the last several months I have started to acquired numerous/more (generous helpings :lol:) of thinish grey strands throughout my head, I’m 55 so I think I am allowed, although MY hair dresser who is about 10 yrs my junior says I’m doing great in that depart (she’s had her own generous amount of grey sprinklings for a few years now)..

Though I’ve yet to meet someone with AS MANY and as different BEAUTY MARKS as me, I am sure I am not unique.. Because besides the white haired ones, I also have a bruise looking one Nevus O.. something or other on the lid of my right eye (looks like I have a black eye without make up on and with make up like I forgot to put shadow on the opposite eye which I have heard plenty of times before :P).. I know my maternal grandfather had the white/grey birthmarks, and my mom blessed me with an odd shaped one on my leg of which we both have, BUT I have no idea from whom the bluish green one on my eye came from, though when I looked it up a few years ago after getting the name of it from my dermatologist, it is found more in Asian or Mongolian :blink:..Yeah had a talk with my mom on that one, too bad my dad passed 30 plus years ago or I would have interrogated him as well.. :ph34r:

Sorry just had to vent a bit, but you know after typing all this, I now feel better. My BEAUTY MARKS have always been a part of me, they have never bothered me.. I’m not going to let it start now.. Feel so much better!

There is a movie coming out in a few weeks that I am definitely going to see.. I read, well read is not truly accurate because it was an audio book.. So I listened to this story twice because it was so good, I am hoping the movie is just as good.

Heaven is for Real.. Is a boy's story of his trip to heaven..

Lauranda and I finally got out into the yard yesterday and pulled out all our frozen plants and started reading the dirt for more planting. Thank goodness it was a comfortable day..

Then we treated ourselves with a trip to Dairy Queen.. Hadn't been there in a long while.. Yum! Thinking may HAVE to make that trip again in a couple of weeks. :)

Lauranda and I finally got out into the yard yesterday and pulled out all our frozen plants and started reading the dirt for more planting. Thank goodness it was a comfortable day..

Then we treated ourselves with a trip to Dairy Queen.. Hadn't been there in a long while.. Yum! Thinking may HAVE to make that trip again in a couple of weeks. :)

I absolutely can't wait to get outside and spruce up the flower beds and plant the vegetable garden! It is still too early here, but getting closer! Jealous! :)

I absolutely can't wait to get outside and spruce up the flower beds and plant the vegetable garden! It is still too early here, but getting closer! Jealous! :)

I found myself daydreaming about a day exactly like that when I walked outside and it felt SO WONDERFUL... finally! Feels like winter has overstayed its welcome this year!

Winter has been a bit long this year even for our neck of the world.. Except for my girls who like it cold (don't know who they got that from) I can do without... Can't imagine living in a place that gets as cold as it does North of me :).. Sisters in law in Maine & Maryland make me get frostbite just by hearing how much snow and ice they've gotten plus those LOW LOW temps. I'll take my crazy SA weather anytime. :)

Hope ya'll can get out to your gardens soon.

I'm jealous. Our garden will be much smaller this year. Luckily we froze and canned tons of veggies last year. Next year we will get back on track. It was warm here this week. I hope the trend stays. Enjoy your garden.