A Birth Grandmother's Role

Gosh this year has flown by... We were in Vegas last year at this time visiting my baby girl #1 and it was the last day my baby girl #2 was a teen.. And today is the last day my baby girl #2 will be 20... Can't believe she will be 21 tomorrow, I thank God everyday for not taking her from me almost five years ago. -_-

Wow time has been flying. Given that sloane and Collin are so close in age I should not be blown away but wow happy 21st birthday lauranda!!! I hope it's a wonderful day.

Thanks Suzi, kiddos do grow up so fast and time just speeds by it seems...

Leah, she was a year old.. loved to put on her sister's cheerleading practice shorts and dressing herself by putting both her legs through only one short leg. Ha little did she know then that she would be used as a flyer now and then when her sister was on the high school cheerleading squad. :D

Edited by 1st x grandma

Thanks Suzi, kiddos do grow up so fast and time just speeds by it seems...

Leah, she was a year old.. loved to put on her sister's cheerleading practice shorts and dressing herself by putting both her legs through only one short leg. Ha little did she know then that she would be used as a flyer now and then when her sister was on the high school cheerleading squad. :D

Mari,

Lauranda is such a beautiful girl and apparently always has been, what a cutie!!!!!

I had an older sister cheerleader also, sooooo fun! I always looked up to them and just loved it when they have me attention!

Ah Merae, so you can identify with her :).... Did you also want to hang out with your sisters friends and insist they were your friends too...;0

Last two weekends spent with lots a family First weekend we spent a few days at the coast with my siblings and their families.. This past weekend spent a few days on various outings with my spouses siblings and their families. It was wonderful that my daughter got to spend time with her favorite aunt on her dads side who was down from Maine to help her celebrate her 21st bday..

Now to spend a few days this week taking it easy before she starts back to school next week.. Where has this summer gone.. I feel like it moves faster the older I get.

Oh my gosh.. Watching Dr Phil that I DVRd "Missing or Murdered" a 15 year old missing for almost 2 Years and the adoptive parents never reported her missing, it was reported by their adoptive son because he hadn't seen his sister.. These parents are going on and on about people lying about them and how nobody likes them.. They seem to be nonchalant. So sad for girl.

Well I have a LOT of threads and post to catch up on, but have to only do a little at a time.. Its more cumbersome to try and work with this system right now, and I am not one know for patience.

BUT I guess our webmasters are still trying to work out the kinks, or maybe its just me cause I still cannot post regularly, have to use MORE options, can NOT edit, AND my current avatar has changed again to an older one.. UGH!!!!

Well I have a LOT of threads and post to catch up on, but have to only do a little at a time.. Its more cumbersome to try and work with this system right now, and I am not one know for patience.

BUT I guess our webmasters are still trying to work out the kinks, or maybe its just me cause I still cannot post regularly, have to use MORE options, can NOT edit, AND my current avatar has changed again to an older one.. UGH!!!!

I understand your frustration, I am having trouble with my account as well....we (Abrazo) are working diligently to get the forum updated/fixed and also our website updated as well.

Pretty soon all of these troubles will be distant memories :)

• Upvote 1

I apologize for the issues you have been experiencing. I saw in the "What's Up With the Abrazo Forum" thread that you tried to clear your history already. What device are you looking at the forum on and which web browser are you using? Also, when you try to make a post normally or edit a post, what does it do? Does it return an error or simply not respond?

• Upvote 1

Hi Steve

it's happening on both my desktop and laptop..I use explore..When I try to post regular it doesn't do anything, when I use other and currently can't recall message it gives when i try to edit. I'll ck this evening and let you know.. it also bunches all my lines together, doesn't allow

paragraphs.. replying here from my phone, let's see if this works.. nope didn't wor either had to use more options

ooh, looks like forum posting is back to normal on my laptop...yay :D

Wonderful! Does this include editing as well?

If the issues persist on your desktop, try to clear your history again and maybe reboot. Let me know if that doesn't fix it!

Morning Steven,

Though I know you are super busy this weekend and understandably for an AWESOME reason.. just want to follow up with you on desktop comp... Followed your sets and still no go on this darn computer.

Morning Steven,

Though I know you are super busy this weekend and understandably for an AWESOME reason.. just want to follow up with you on desktop comp... Followed your sets and still no go on this darn computer.

Unfortunately, the issue with posting and editing has appeared to be computer specific so far. The computer is just holding onto archived data from before the forum update. Clearing the cache/history and rebooting the computer should correct the issue.... if possible, could you try to use a different browser from your desktop and see if you have the same result?

Looks like it works using Firefox. :) ., I will also check it on Chrome ....

Thanks Steven :rolleyes: ... yal stay COOL here in town

just checking my edit settings...

Looks like it works using Firefox. :) ., I will also check it on Chrome ....

Thanks Steven :rolleyes: ... yal stay COOL here in town

just checking my edit settings...

and quote settings...

YEAP they all are working.... Awesome :D

Edited by 1st x grandma
  • Upvote 1

Morning Steven, just to say Chrome also allows the navigation of the forum correctly on the desktop.. Thanks for suggestions..

Ooohhh, so excited, I was looking at pics in the gallery and noticed I can now post comments on a pic... I feel like George Jefferson and theme song of the Jeffersons "Movin On Up"!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Morning Steven, just to say Chrome also allows the navigation of the forum correctly on the desktop.. Thanks for suggestions..

Glad it's working for you now! Sorry again for the issues you were having.

Wonderful weekend :)

My mom’s 80th bday was yesterday, my siblings and I and our families took her out to a nice dinner on Saturday and I had her serenaded by Mariachis.. In the Hispanic culture some families use Mariachis for many celebrations including funerals, my mom has always said “if you’re going to get mariachis for me, do it while I can enjoy the music too” ,,So for the last three milestone decades 60, 70 and now 80, I have made sure this happens..And to add to a great weekend already, yesterday after having lunch with her, I arrived home to an email that made my day!!!!

I had sent my angel girl’s grandparents an email Sunday wishing them a happy GP day, yesterday one of her grandmas sent me a note that my granddaughter’s school was having a special program for GPs today and my granddaughter had a special part in it.. She said she told our granddaughter that she and other grandmother would be there for the program, but then my granddaughter asked “what about Nana?” So her grandma had to explain that I lived too far to be able to go.. I sent a reply right back thanking her for letting me know and asking her to please let our little one know that I would have loved to be there, but since I couldn’t that I would be thinking of her during that time and sending her much love.

Have to say just that little question from my baby girl made my heart swell with much more love for her then I would think possible and brought tears to my eyes thinking that even though I am (we are) far away and we are unable to see each other as often as she has the opportunity to see her other grandparents, her first family is on her mind. This time it was me other times it’s been her LaLa.. :wub:

Amazing what open adoption can do for a child and all who love her/him. We are truly blessed.