A Birth Grandmother's Role

Thank you ladies for the positive thoughts and prayers sent my way, truly appreciate them and you all.. I am ALMOST back to my OLD self I think.. So far I think I’m done with test for now and just waiting for results next week.. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend with a much needed shot of love and time spent with my angel girl, just what my heart and spirit needs right now and what better medicine :wub:

I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family.

Please know I'm still thinking and praying for you.

Wow, I go away from the forum for a weekend and it lights up like a Vegas billboard :D

Thank you Elva, Leah for continued prayers and thoughts...

Leah,

We had a GREAT weekend spending time with my angel girl and her parents.. She is a ball to be around.. An awesome treat for my daughter and us was having our precious babe spend the night with us in the hotel, it was beyond SPECTACULAR!!! :wub: So appreciative of her parents for blessing us in such a special way.

Edited by 1st x grandma

Leah,

We had a GREAT weekend spending time with my angel girl and her parents.. She is a ball to be around.. An awesome treat for my daughter and us was having our precious babe spend the night with us in the hotel, it was beyond SPECTACULAR!!! :wub: So appreciative of her parents for blessing us in such a special way.

Mari - I hope you know that you're forging the way for adoptive parents here on the forum to keep an open mind about where their relationship might lead in the future with their child's birth parents. I know you and Lauranda have built up so much trust within your relationship and really have forged something amazing with them. I know it must have been so awesome for you all to have that special time with your granddaughter and I'm so happy to see the posts from both you and your daughter that are overflowing with love for your "angel girl." What an amazing dynamic you all have together and it makes me so happy thinking of all the love that surrounds her (and all members of her family). So glad you had such a wonderful weekend together! Continued prayers for your health and state of mind as well!

Thank you Melissa...

She is a much loved little gem...so smart, funny and very animated... We had an opportunity that I wouldn't have ever assumed to have, the best was seeing my daughter experience it.

Love, love, LOVE all the beautiful photos of your daughter and your grandbaby together!! :wub:

Love, Love the new pictures of your girls!

Thank you Amy...

Jes, regarding your comment on pic of bed time story,,,Oh your right didn't upload any bed time story ones to my FB. Must have gotten distracted when I was working on them :blink:

Thank you for all prayers and good thoughts sent my way..

Good news is my heart is good :), though I never suspected anything funny there, a lab result marker indicated some concern in the area and with the fact my father passed from a massive heart attack at my age, doc didn’t want to take a chance so I had to have additional testing. Partial good news, a marker also indicated concern with my gallbladder, and with some unexplained pain I have been dealing with for over a year, he wanted to check for gallstones, further testing with sonogram indicated no stones (which is great), but still no answer for pain :wacko: , so I need to monitor my meals vs pain if correlation found go for additional gallbladder testing…yuk… sonogram also indicated a nodule on my liver which doc said could also be fatty liver, I hear this is pretty common, but I haven’t looked any further into that yet, not sure if I should be concerned there. Received two more additional steroid shots to the two I got two weeks ago in right arm if pain/range motion doesn’t improve in two weeks going for MRI and possibly will be sent to Orthopi. Also need to follow up with an ENT for funny cloudy head things that he originally thought may be connected with heart. So process of elimination continues, :( this will be a long summer.

I used to tell my daughter thank goodness she wasn’t a horse or she’d be put down for all her sports injuries. Now I think she has GOOD REASON to tell me that as well, but I’m sure throw in the fact that I’m just getting old.. :o

BUT ALL IN ALL...hang in there.... :rolleyes:

Mari, hang in there as they seek a diagnosis for you. It is so tough when the answer they thought doesn't pan out and they start having to do other tests to rule things out. You are strong and can lean on your daughter and family and your Abrazo family for support!

Thank you Jocelyn… I think I am a tough cookie But thankfully I have a wonderful network of gracious and supportive family near and far which is a silver lining in my book :wub: . This journey comes in handy to help me continue to practice patience.. A trait that eludes me too often. B)

Thank you Jackie… I am so ready for this… I miss my exercising which I haven’t been doing since March, spring came and went and I hadn’t been able to work much in the garden (bump right wing) so it looks so sad.. :(

Thank you Amy...

Jes, regarding your comment on pic of bed time story,,,Oh your right didn't upload any bed time story ones to my FB. Must have gotten distracted when I was working on them :blink:

It is just such a wonderful photo, and y'all's relationship is such an inspiration for other adoptive and birthfamilies!!

Thank you Amy...

It is just such a wonderful photo, and y'all's relationship is such an inspiration for other adoptive and birthfamilies!!

I agree, it is heartwarming!,

Mari, I love how active you are in your granddaughters life. I pray daily for the birth family God has chosen for us. I pray that the mom has a support system, that the extended family continues to be extended family in our lives, and that the mom always knows she is loved. Thank you for openly sharing your family's life so us "newbies" can take away valuable lessons on openness.

• Upvote 1

Thank you ladies...

It is always exciting to plan our visits, planning this last trip was a little more so..I have to give credit to my angel girl's mommy for the awesome blessing of having a sleep over guest. When we were planning and she suggested the possibility I felt my heart expand a thousand x's over. We kept it as a surprise for my daughter and worked on getting rooms on same floor and as close to each other as possible. It was funny, we arrived first and checked in, when they got there, they came to our room and my grandbaby was ready to move her luggage right in... After the six of us spent time at the pool, had dinner, stopped for dessert and headed back to hotel, her mommy brought her to our room with her overnight bag and wearing her beautiful little Rapunzel dress, she was a little hesitant at first, but we all assured her that mommy and daddy were just down the hall and we would take her if she decided to go back to their room. But in no time as the pictures show she felt right at home with us, she was asking my daughter if they were going to sleep in "our bed" (her and my daughter's) in "our room".. She wanted to make sure her Lala was going to sleep with her all night. The following morning was a blast as well, pillow fights, playing pretent beach time, and so much more.

I do hope that by us/me sharing pictures that tell part of our story within open adoption, our journey will encourge, bring hope, open up endless possibilities to any adoptive parent or first family that may be worried, concerned or apprhensive about truly working towards a true bond and environment of love for the most important person who is the child that is loved by them all. By us ALL :wub:

Thank you ladies...

It is always exciting to plan our visits, planning this last trip was a little more so..I have to give credit to my angel girl's mommy for the awesome blessing of having a sleep over guest. When we were planning and she suggested the possibility I felt my heart expand a thousand x's over. We kept it as a surprise for my daughter and worked on getting rooms on same floor and as close to each other as possible. It was funny, we arrived first and checked in, when they got there, they came to our room and my grandbaby was ready to move her luggage right in... After the six of us spent time at the pool, had dinner, stopped for dessert and headed back to hotel, her mommy brought her to our room with her overnight bag and wearing her beautiful little Rapunzel dress, she was a little hesitant at first, but we all assured her that mommy and daddy were just down the hall and we would take her if she decided to go back to their room. But in no time as the pictures show she felt right at home with us, she was asking my daughter if they were going to sleep in "our bed" (her and my daughter's) in "our room".. She wanted to make sure her Lala was going to sleep with her all night. The following morning was a blast as well, pillow fights, playing pretent beach time, and so much more.

I do hope that by us/me sharing pictures that tell part of our story within open adoption, our journey will encourge, bring hope, open up endless possibilities to any adoptive parent or first family that may be worried, concerned or apprhensive about truly working towards a true bond and environment of love for the most important person who is the child that is loved by them all. By us ALL :wub:

It most definitely brings hope and opens up the endless possibilities! I shared a part of this very story with a birthmom I had the pleasure of meeting this weekend! Thank you Mari & Lauranda!