A Birth Grandmother's Role

Thanks...may order one of those Mint Boxes!

Great D..

Here is another link, but this is for kids and summer... Maybe it will be useful to some..

Keep Your Kids Learning This Summer

USA.gov sent this bulletin at 06/14/2013 08:07 AM EDT

If you're looking for ways to keep your kids learning this summer, visit Kids.gov, the U.S. government's official web portal for kids.

Kids.gov offers activities for kindergarteners through 8th graders and provides resources for parents and teachers. You'll find games, art projects, videos, ideas for outdoor activities, and more.

Happy Father’s Day to all dads and grandpas..

A SPECIAL ONE being sent with much love and respect to my Angel Girl’s daddy Joe.. My little treasure IS a daddy’s girl, watching them together fills my heart with so much love in seeing first hand that he is all these things described in the poem to her and MORE. He is A true blessing in our lives because he is a GREAT blessing in hers. Thank you J for being the daddy to our little girl that her beautiful fm wanted and pictured for her and a big part of why she made the decisions to entrust. We love you!

A Little Girl Needs Daddy

A little girl needs Daddy

For many, many things:

Like holding her high off the ground

Where the sunlight sings!

Like being the deep music

That tells her all is right

When she awakens frantic with

The terrors of the night.

Like being the great mountain

That rises in her heart

And shows her how she might get home

When all else falls apart.

Like giving her the love

That is her sea and air,

So diving deep or soaring high

She'll always find him there.

• Upvote 1

Happy Father’s Day to all dads and grandpas..

A SPECIAL ONE being sent with much love and respect to my Angel Girl’s daddy Joe.. My little treasure IS a daddy’s girl, watching them together fills my heart with so much love in seeing first hand that he is all these things described in the poem to her and MORE. He is A true blessing in our lives because he is a GREAT blessing in hers. Thank you J for being the daddy to our little girl that her beautiful fm wanted and pictured for her and a big part of why she made the decisions to entrust. We love you!

A Little Girl Needs Daddy

A little girl needs Daddy

For many, many things:

Like holding her high off the ground

Where the sunlight sings!

Like being the deep music

That tells her all is right

When she awakens frantic with

The terrors of the night.

Like being the great mountain

That rises in her heart

And shows her how she might get home

When all else falls apart.

Like giving her the love

That is her sea and air,

So diving deep or soaring high

She'll always find him there.

Mari, there is something so special about the validation that comes with a compliment from any birth family member about an adoptive parent being good at something, the right fit, etc. It's really heartwarming to see what you had to say about Joe. :) So sweet.

Melissa,

Both my angel girls parents are good parents to her... As I know you and Steven are to Ollie, and so many more adoptive parents are to their children, we just don't happen to hear a lot from first families.. Maybe one day that will change!! :unsure: Have a great day!!! And thank you!!!

Good morning to one and all..

Though I normally wouldn’t do this for myself, today though I kinda need to.. I wanted to ask for a few positive thoughts and prayers to be sent my way.. Mostly for calmness of mind and body, sounds like a weird request I’m sure. Let me give you a bit of info that will give you an idea of where I am coming from. Over the last year plus I have been dealing with some nuisance discomfort and pain that have managed to get a little worse, though I have a high tolerance for pain and REALLY hate going to the doctor <_< (hadn’t been to a primary in over 6 yrs).. I had only been

working with my gyn. This year after determining it had nothing to do with menopause (since everything a woman goes through emotional or otherwise, people want to blame PMS or Menopause :D ), I decided to find a GP and just get a total physical done, will one test lead to another then another, and I had been handling it all in stride and well until I woke up this morning. Outside of my docs, the only people who are aware of all this is one of my daughters (Lauranda), my husband and a coworker due to work sch. I am not a worrier, I don’t dwell on stuff, I don’t think of the worst case scenario, I don’t over eat or lose tremendous amounts of weight (though come to think of it, that last one for me may not be bad, I could use to shed a few/several :lol: ), I’ve had three exams with these two docs that have required added test and I guess yesterday's just put me on edge already :blink: ... The first of the three additional test, just showed several areas to keep an eye on, the last two are due to my blood work in combination with symptoms, I haven’t gotten the results of the second area of additional testing just yet, and the third area of which I had add. test yesterday and now have to go for more test later today seemed to be the one that tipped the scale calmness. I’m really ok if they find something to explain pain and discomfort AS LONG as it’s something easy to take care of :rolleyes: which I am sure once it’s all said and done it will be, probably just me getting old :P … I guess I am just getting a bit tired and overwhelmed of all of it… UGGG….. Sorry for my rambles,,,, just having a little bit of a tough morning ….. So for anyone who happens upon this, if you can just shoot a quick positive thought my way, I would greatly appreciate…

Edited by 1st x grandma

I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a tough morning and that you have so much on your mind concerning your health. I know that can be such a shock to the system to hear that something might be wrong and the worry that comes along with that is a lot to have on your shoulders! You've got lots of prayers being said right now while I take a moment to pause from my work. Focusing on calmness of mind and body, just as you requested, but also throwing in some special prayers in there for your overall health and well-being!! Keep us updated, please.

I'm praying for you, Mari. I often like to "peek" ahead on my daily devotional and thought of you as I was reading tomorrow's.

"I am with you continually, so don't be intimidated by fear. Though it stalks you, it cannot harm you, as long as you cling to My hand. Keep your eyes on Me, enjoying Peace in My Presence."

May you feel His hand holding yours as you navigate through the next days. Praying all is ok.

Keeping your health in our prayers, Mari! We all know you take such good are of others, hope you'll take good are of yourself too! :wub: Prayers the doctors can diagnose and treat you so you'll be back to yourself soon.

Adding my prayers for your peace and calm. <3

You are always there for others, so it is an honor to be here for you. Thanks for entrusting your concerns with us, and I add my prayers to the many others.