A Birth Grandmother's Role

Time for annual MRI tomorrow then follow up in a few days’ w/neurologist and neurosurgeon… These days are always a bit stressful for my daughter and I even though we try not to be.. Keeping positive thoughts and prayers for great results…

I do detest MRI's...I pray your DD's goes well...AND green flags from both the neurologist & neurosurgeon...keep the faith friend!

Thank you ladies for the positive thoughts, prayers and good wishes sent our way.. It was a long day, but MRI days usually are.. Spending a little over 3 hrs in the hospital, with most of it waiting, MRI itself takes a little over an hour once my daughter is called in, then we wait for film to hand carry to her neurosurgeon’s office. With this piece behind us we now just wait for her appointments and results..

We did stop afterwards to get two boxes of Valentine chocolates for two dates she has on Valentine’s Day with two VERY important men in her/our life.. Her neurosurgeon and her neurologist.. ;) As long as we get good news from both, we don’t mind spending part of our day with them, making it the best dates she has..

Once again thank you so much for your warmth and support.

This is a St Theresa prayer for perfectionists (that I’ve been accused of being, but I disagree -_- ).. After reading it it seems to apply to so many more in some form or fashion.

May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.

What a great prayer, Mari. I agree it is appropriate for many situations. In fact, I am currently a prayer sponsor for a woman in a mothers' program at my church -- I think I will use this on the next card I send. :)

Thank you so much for all good thoughts and wishes….

Had a GREAT day yesterday… Appointment w/neurosurgeon was good; MRI looked “very nice and STILL clear”…… We definitely can breathe much easier. Short term memory loss will always be there, but that is part of her/our new normal that we work with.. Next MRI & follow up in a year…Neurologist appointment also went good, he is confident the right combination meds and dosages have been found (due to being seizure free as of the seventh month mark she just hit), she also did well in her other markers, he has put her next follow up in a year instead of every six months..

All in ALL it was a fantastic Valentine’s Day we couldn’t have asked for better results.. Thanks to God!!!

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much for all good thoughts and wishes….

Had a GREAT day yesterday… Appointment w/neurosurgeon was good; MRI looked “very nice and STILL clear”…… We definitely can breathe much easier. Short term memory loss will always be there, but that is part of her/our new normal that we work with.. Next MRI & follow up in a year…Neurologist appointment also went good, he is confident the right combination meds and dosages have been found (due to being seizure free as of the seventh month mark she just hit), she also did well in her other markers, he has put her next follow up in a year instead of every six months..

All in ALL it was a fantastic Valentine’s Day we couldn’t have asked for better results.. Thanks to God!!!

So glad to hear this news, Mari! Happy Valentine's Day to your family!

Awesome!!! I am so glad to hear this update.

Great News!! So happy for your family!!

Thanks so much everyone..it was a great day with GREAT news that was only made better by an awesome weekend visiting my angel girl.. Had some wonderful family time with her parents and all her grandparents, we all attended Sunday service together and enjoyed time celebrating her mommy’s birthday.