A Birth Grandmother's Role

Happy birthday Sloan and your message Mari is beautiful!!

What a gift that Sloan still has her birthmom and birthgrandparents so involved in her life! I am so proud of all the grownups in her life for ensuring that she didn't have to lose her first family in order to gain her adoptive family! Happy Birthday to one very loved little girl!

Happy Birthday Sloan. Can't believe you are already 4!

How true this is for all parents at some point in their childrens lives....

"It's hard to know the best choices to make on a child's behalf-much less to muster the energy, means, and desire to carry out whatever seems to be best. While struggling under the load of everything I was unable to give my children. I learned an important truth: if parents could give their children all that their hearts desire=if we could fill every need they have=they wouldn't need God." book Plain Wisdom

• Upvote 2

Yay…Lauranda and I have the weekend all to ourselves (oh, and her two doggies :lol: )…. Her dad left yesterday on a retreat… Man away Girls will PLAY :D

• Upvote 1

Yay…Lauranda and I have the weekend all to ourselves (oh, and her two doggies :lol: )…. Her dad left yesterday on a retreat… Man away Girls will PLAY :D

Well I'm not having a girls weekend but my hubby is gone on business until Sunday so Garrett and I are going to play this weekend too! I'm thinking no cooking, a trip to the zoo and park!

Enjoy your weekend!!

Thanks Beth!!

Monica,

Whatever is age level appropriate for our kiddos will be fun for you and I… It’s the spending time and bonding that makes it special no matter how we spend it..

My husband goes out of town for a few days every couple months for work also… but during the week it’s not as much fun for us, with me working and Lauranda going to school (and tons of homework) we don’t get a chance to just kick back.. So we really look forward to our only girl weekend once a year..

Enjoy your weekend/week with your precious boy as well!!

Mari, I'm so glad that you got some quality time with Lauranda. I wish you had that more often.

Was it difficult to celebrate beautiful Sloan's birthday? I can't believe she's so big already!

Did you speak at the June 2009 orientation?

Mari, I'm so glad that you got some quality time with Lauranda. I wish you had that more often.

Was it difficult to celebrate beautiful Sloan's birthday? I can't believe she's so big already!

Did you speak at the June 2009 orientation?

Thank you sweetie.. Last year’s just us girls weekend I spent the entire time doing early spring cleaning, good thing Lauranda had a good friend with whom she spent a day doing girl stuff. This year she and I enjoyed our weekend together, we could easily handle one more like this, but maybe not more then that, might be too tempting to get in trouble somehow. :lol:

My angel girl’s birthday can be a little tough, a few days leading up to, the day of and a day or two afterwards are filled with an array of mix emotions. I think the first year was the hardest, but we’ve been blessed to have the opportunity to see her close to her bdays, either by us going there or she and her family coming here. We do have the opportunity, love and enjoy talking to her on her special day and these last two years we’ve been invited to her bday parties, though we greatly appreciate the wonderful invitation, we’ve respectfully declined, one because my daughter is not ready for this which they understand completely, but it warms our hearts they offer us this special opportunity, second because we are kinda selfish in the sense that we really look forward to each visit and spending time with her and her family, so being there during a party we wouldn’t be able to have a lot of alone time with her (by alone time I do mean with only her and her family) so we all work together and plan a better time that will work for all and still close enough to her bday. She is getting big, from the little 2.5 lb baby that was born four years ago to where she is now is such a huge blessing and miracle. Not one day goes by that she is not mentioned in our home, so she is always very present with us. :wub:

Yes, my daughter and I attended orientation in Jun 09, along with you, Shauna, Frank, and Julie (I believe her name was). It was a tough one for me, but I was left in awe of all five of you first parents and how strong each one of you were even though you each were hurting and dealing with your loss and pain. Of course living with my daughter I see how far she’s come and I have the opportunity to follow your journey and also see how far you have come especially when a true commitment and promise of open adoption was not kept and given to you by Cash’s aps, (for which I am so sorry you’ve had to deal with, but I so hope and pray one day you will be able to build a relationship with him). I don’t know how the other three are doing but I pray they are well.

I see you attended this weekend’s orientation and I think you have been a regular at orientations, good for you, you are so important to so many. Keep sharing your story, let your voice be heard, you offer such insight to all new PIWs from a first mom perspective. If by sharing your story you help a couple who may not be too sure of open adoption and help them see the pain the broken promise causes, hopefully you prevent another expectant/ first mom from having to deal with what you have, what a difference you will have made. It was also so generous of you to offer to talk to J (Adria) if she needs to talk to someone, I hope she takes you up on it if she needs an understanding ear.

Hugs to ya and Princess Naomi… :wub:

• Upvote 1

Time for annual MRI tomorrow then follow up in a few days’ w/neurologist and neurosurgeon… These days are always a bit stressful for my daughter and I even though we try not to be.. Keeping positive thoughts and prayers for great results…

Sending prayers to be with you for calm and peace and healthy results!!!