A Birth Grandmother's Role

Mari, you're so funny! It's also funny to watch how people from up North are practically DYING in 90 degree weather hahaha.

No joke... I have a sister in law that lives in Portland Maine and the one that lives in Maryland (lived at one time in Africa)... Of course it's taken them years to get used to their weather now but when they come back to SA, they feel the heat... the humidity is the killer for them, including for my daughter who has lived in Vegas for almost 9 yrs....Good thing they aren't made of chocolate or they would melt in just 75 degree weather now…

Personally I can tolerate cold better then heat (prefer spring and fall)… I can layer up in cold weather, but in the 100 plus temps we (I) can only take off so much in public before frightening anyone :rolleyes: , getting arrested or worse getting put in a loony jacket and locked up a different way…

It is so funny when people come to Texas that aren't from here, the first thing they say is "Is it always this HOT here?" I tell them you should come and visit in late August and then you will know what HOT is.

I tell people that all the time, you can always put more clothes on to stay warm but I can never take enough to get cooler!

Monica,,, so true.. one of my nephews moved up to Houston in Aug.. started medical school, he says not much difference in climate compared to SA...

I love my Texas

• Upvote 1

Merry Christmas mari!!

I give my Lord thanks for the year which has passed, though there may have been some heartache, some uncertainties and worries, the year was also full of blessings, each thing that happened important and meaningful in its own way.. Taking the good and what I may have perceived as the bad in stride and with much FAITH, knowing His hand and His plan is in everything which touches and surrounds me for a reason.

Wishing each family and friend near and far a New YEAR full of blessings, of love, of understanding, of acceptance and most of all PEACE in our HEARTS.. No matter what obstacles or gifts may lay before us, may we look to God for some guidance and foresight to help us navigate each bump we may come to in our journey to the best of our ability and to humbly accept all the good things He bestows on us with heartfelt gratefulness.

• Upvote 3

I really like this.....

"Our value can't be wrapped inside what others think or we think, because that is too dependent on this ever-shifting world. The value God places on us makes us more than we think we are, even on our hardest days, weeks, or years."

From book Plain Wisdom

IMPRESSIONABLE

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark.

—Ancient Chinese proverb

Love this! I think this is still true as an adult.

I read about an adoptee and their family having to deal with “adoptee bulling” …As if the world is not tough enough already for our kids.. I sure the @#%& would hate for my grand-baby, the heart of my heart to have to deal with this stuff…. This goes for any person especially a child in any situation… ugh!!

Mari,

I just wanted to tell you that you are such a blessing to this community. Your insight and wisdom are so valuable. You always have a level head and loving heart in the words you share, and I appreciate you so much! Thank you for taking the time to be a part of the forum.

• Upvote 5

Mari,

I just wanted to tell you that you are such a blessing to this community. Your insight and wisdom are so valuable. You always have a level head and loving heart in the words you share, and I appreciate you so much! Thank you for taking the time to be a part of the forum.

Ditto

Mari,

Couldn't have said it better myself!

"But I do know that no parents are as right as they hope to be at the time the decisions are made. Our one redeeming grace for all the verdicts we must give-and the fruit they bear-is that God is fully capable of redeeming our children from our brilliance."

from book Plain Wisdom

H ow blessed we are to celebrate this day

A fter your much too soon arrival seemed inevitable to come

P raying feverishly in your Lala’s womb a little longer you could stay

P acing the floor when we learned safely that couldn’t be done

Y ielding to our faith and accepting God would lead the way

B lessing so many each day you fill our hearts

I n just a few years we love how much you’ve grown

R eaching beyond the odds of those nuisance charts

T aking in your surroundings happily by storm

H ow beautiful, amazing and loved you are

D ancing, learning, loving, and enjoying life

A doringly glowing as our brightest star

Y our special today and each and every day!!

To you my beautiful Angel Girl on your 4th birthday we are sending YOU tons of hugs, kisses and all our LOVE!!!

We Love you baby girl…

• Upvote 2