A Birth Grandmother's Role

Yesterday we celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary.. We had a good day, the three of us worked in the yard in the morning and then had a late lunch/ dinner.. Best ways for us to celebrate all milestones in life are to spend our time with family no matter how we are doing it..

To keep your marriage brimming,

With love in the loving cup,

Whenever you're wrong admit it;

Whenever you're right shut up. –Ogden Nash

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great day! :)

Yesterday we celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary.. We had a good day, the three of us worked in the yard in the morning and then had a late lunch/ dinner.. Best ways for us to celebrate all milestones in life are to spend our time with family no matter how we are doing it..

To keep your marriage brimming,

With love in the loving cup,

Whenever you're wrong admit it;

Whenever you're right shut up. –Ogden Nash

Happy Anniversary!!! I love the quote!!!

“Dare to Be

When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully.

When there is darkness, dare to be the first to shine a light.

When there is injustice, dare to be the first to condemn it.

When something seems difficult, dare to do it anyway.

When life seems to beat you down, dare to fight back.

When there seems to be no hope, dare to find some.

When you’re feeling tired, dare to keep going.

When times are tough, dare to be tougher.

When love hurts you, dare to love again.

When someone is hurting, dare to help them heal.

When another is lost, dare to help them find the way.

When a friend falls, dare to be the first to extend a hand.

When you cross paths with another, dare to make them smile.

When you feel great, dare to help someone else feel great too.

When the day has ended, dare to feel as you’ve done your best.

Dare to be the best you can –

At all times, Dare to be!”

Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

For all needing a little encouragement tonight...

• Upvote 1

The thread “Speaking of Real Parents”… reminded me of something after I posted my comments..

There are a couple books out there that as a parent I would have loved to have read when my girls were young and then teens.. It has helped me discover now that I was on target with each of their love languages, but many of the things in there sure would have come in handy and saved me and them some grief.

Not sure if anyone has read, but they are some good ones.. The 5 Love Languages of Children and The 5 Love Languages of Teenagers by Gary Chapman

Edited by 1st x grandma

We read the original 5 Love Language book and loved it. I did not know there were some concerning kids.

I will need to check those out.

I need to look into these! Thanks for the recommendations!

PS: I wore my jewelry set the other day and got several compliments, thanks again for making and donating such a lovely piece.

Leah, Monica,

I have only read (will actually listened to numerous times) the two I mentioned, came across them last year. I knew (figured out through the years) that my oldest daughter responded to physical touch, the hugs, caresses and she loved to snuggle, to this day she is very affectionate physically, of course never knew then that there was such a thing as a love language and her love language is Physical Touch. My youngest was with words, compliments, asking her to do things by communicating how good she was at it, how much help she was providing me, here again I didn’t realize that it was a love language which is Words of Affirmation, to this day you can pick her up with words or you can tear her down. They both have a strong secondary language and there is a little of the others in them as well. When I heard the audio books for the first time and the examples that were used, I could sit there and say which one of my girls that sounded like. It was so interesting and then I had a WOW moment when I realized why they responded to people/things in the way they did, I understood them better, what that meant and where they were coming from.

I know you will enjoy them…gosh with kiddos as young as yours I can only imagine how wonderful it will be identifying these love languages in them and using them to understand them so much better, such a great learning tool for you and the people around them.

Monica,

Ah, so your mom didn’t get it! I am glad you are enjoying it. Butterflies are a symbol of life, wear it in good health.

BUTTERFLIES CELEBRATE LIFE***In many cultures, butterflies are recognized as universal symbols of faith and transformation, making them the perfect means to celebrate and remember the lives of loved ones.

Transform Your Wounds into Wisdom

Turn your wounds into wisdom. You will be wounded many times in your life. You’ll make mistakes. Some people will call them failures but I have learned that failure is really God’s way of saying, “Excuse me, you’re moving in the wrong direction.” It’s just an experience, just an experience.

Oprah Winfrey –Wellesley College commencement, 1997

Mari-

Thanks for the post this morning. This is the quote that I have been reading a lot lately:

"When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal."

― Napoleon Hill

Leah x

Edited by TexasFamily

Mari-

Thanks for the post this morning. This is the quote that I have been reading a lot lately:

"When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal."

― Napoleon Hill

Leah x

I love this one, thanks for sharing.. I love quotes as you may have noticed, so many of them say so much with just a few words..

Right now my heart is heavy.. My daughter’s poodle. her first dog that she has had since she was 4 and who helped over her fear of dogs is not doing well. He’s been on medication for sever seizures for the better part of this year, they seemed to have helped him some but we knew it would get to the point where the medication wouldn’t help him, since early this morning he has had numerous ones and he is in such bad shape. Call has been made to his vet, we knew what they would recommend because his quality of life is being impacted. My heart breaks to see him this way and I feel so bad for Lauranda. She’s still asleep right now and I told my husband he can’t take her dog to the vet until she is able to say her good bye. I don’t want her to have to go through the pain of losing another dog again, she already had to say good bye to one of her other dogs almost two years ago, but I know this is the down side of being pet owners. Today is going to be a tough tough day..

I am so sorry to hear about your families dog, it is never easy to say good bye to someone we love. My thoughts and prayers are being sent.

Thank you so much ladies for your thoughtful and kind words.

It was a rough morning, poor doggie just kept getting seizure after seizure, couldn’t really recover from one before the next one hit. It’s strange even though we hated to see him that way, I was glad we were home when it was happening, and him hopefully hearing our voices talking to him instead of him being alone during the day going through it all.

We love all our pets and have special memories and moments with each, but Teddy will always have a special place in our hearts. I bought him for Lauranda to help her get over her fear of dogs caused by a mean dog next door when she was a toddler, and although she was afraid of him when we first brought him home, (talking to him from the very top of the couch’s backrest and tossing treats to him from that same safe place) it didn’t take him long to have her fear diminished. Before we knew it she was on the floor laughing with her doggie licking her face, poor Teddy was subjected to playing house (he was the baby wrapped in blankets), then playing school or dress up, and he did manage to get her to stay at the table a little longer to eat her food after she once left her hotdog to go play and he had no problem jumping onto a chair pulling out the wiener eating it. He was her teacher of many things that only pets can teach.. RIP Teddy... hope you and your sister Ginger are playing chase again in doggie heaven.

Edited by 1st x grandma

Great quote Mari!

You always have such good quotes that you share...you must have a secret hiding place that you get these from. :D

I haven't always commented after your posts with these quotes but I do read them all and think they are great and glad that you post them!

Great quote Mari!

You always have such good quotes that you share...you must have a secret hiding place that you get these from. :D

I haven't always commented after your posts with these quotes but I do read them all and think they are great and glad that you post them!

Thank you... I do have a collection I've built through the years.... "secret hiding place" hummm hadn't thought of that :ph34r: