A Birth Grandmother's Role

Thank You for grandparent's wishes.. Had a wonderful day as well as celebrated my mom's 79th bday..

Thinking of some very special ladies who may feel like this right now..

Time To Stop Struggling...

Life is unfair, sometimes the misery we can't bear.. This was a feeling I could never share...

I am strong, strong enough to move on from this pain, I won't feel the shame; my life is not a game, tired of these tears and my fears... I will cherish my inspirations... I will find my dream, I promise, that's what I will achieve….I believe in miracles, some people laugh like it's hysterical... I won't fall, I may be lost but I will be found...

One day I will find the perfect life, life will run beautifully, I will fly like a butterfly through the night, will have a pleasant sight, afraid but I will fight... No boundaries, free my mind of all the pressure.. I want so much to see... I want to reach the sky, I want so bad too fly... I made a mistake but I won’t let myself break.... So now I kneel down to pray, for these times of struggle I will just say, I'll leave in your hands. God, I will let go..

Yay…got my fourth JALAPENO…. Not sure exactly what that means but..I’ll take it!!!

It means you keep paying it forward!! I have loved having you on the forum more frequently lately and am always feeling wiser because of what I learn from you. Congrats on the chili pepper!!

Yay…got my fourth JALAPENO…. Not sure exactly what that means but..I’ll take it!!!

It means you keep paying it forward!! I have loved having you on the forum more frequently lately and am always feeling wiser because of what I learn from you. Congrats on the chili pepper!!

I was about to say the same thing Melissa,! Mari you have such a wonderful way with words and are such a caring and kind person. We are all lucky to have you on the forum!! Congrats on your additional chili pepper, now keep posting!! :P

Not sure what post it is, Jocelyn, but here's the breakdown:

10 posts - 1 pepper

25 posts - 2 peppers

100 posts - 3 peppers

250 posts - 4 peppers

500 posts - 5 peppers

1,000 posts or more - 6 peppers

And 1,500 meaningful posts (along with some other things!) to become a member of Abrazo's Elite!

Congrats on your 4th chili pepper, Mari! As the others have said, your voice is so valuable so please keep posting! And it's incredibly valuable to me and our family as our closest open relationship is with Joseph's 1st grandma. We would of course love to have an open relationship with his first mom (and dad) but that's not in the cards at the moment and so first grandmas have an extra special place in my heart!

WOW holy taledo batman!!!...can't even begin to imagine how some of you folks got so MANY for Elite... By the scale Melissa put up there.. It may take me a heck of a long time to get my next "Fresno Chilli Pepper" as my daughter calls them (ahh, I still like red jalapenos), took me over three years just to get here.. I won't give up though!!!! May have to give myself a little kick start with this helper.. :D

stock-photo-a-hot-red-jalapeno-smiley-sweating-and-wearing-a-green-sombrero-isolated-on-a-white-background-11669860.jpg

Thank you all for congrats and awfully sweet words..

Beth, I sure pray your little guy will get to have a relationship with his first parents.. Kudos to 1st grandma.. As a grandma I love seeing and spending time with my angel girl, but the BEST part for me that brings me smiles and a HAPPY HEART is when I see my daughter light up talking to her little one and watch them interact.. it's priceless and a beautiful sight to my eyes..

Edited by 1st x grandma

Beth, I sure pray your little guy will get to have a relationship with his first parents.. Kudos to 1st grandma.. As a grandma I love seeing and spending time with my angel girl, but the BEST part for me that brings me smiles and a HAPPY HEART is when I see my daughter light up talking to her little one and watch them interact.. it's priceless and a beautiful sight to my eyes..

From your mouth to God's ears! We so hope so, too. We would like nothing more than to have Joseph grow up knowing the love of his first mom in person. We are so thankful for Grandma M but of course hope that C will join us.

Well, somehow I managed to delete part of my comments above..

I have no doubt that Joseph’s 1st grandma may be a lot like me, she loves her grandbaby, and I am sure would love to see that relationship between him and his first mom/ parents as I love to see with my daughter and granddaughter. In the mean time it sounds like she will be the link and the bridge for him BETWEEN his extended family.

"From your mouth to God's ears! We so hope so, too. We would like nothing more than to have Joseph grow up knowing the love of his first mom in person. We are so thankful for Grandma M but of course hope that C will join us."

Keeping both families in my prayers for this to happen. And thank you for loving his first family and keeping those connections, some folks don’t realize how much that means and how much that helps many first moms come to a place of peace, which is what I pray will allow Joseph’s first mom to be a part of his and your life.

Oh..ps.. yeah, sorry about that batman comment, I had that on my mind ALL day.. My 7 yr old Godson loves batman, so we had spent time the day before talking about the difference in the batman/robin of my day where you couldn’t say one without the other and the batman of his day now where you don’t even hear about the boy wonder, which of course he says it’s because batman now is stronger and doesn’t need any help like the “old one”.. And at home my daughter LOVES superman so I have to hear how in my time (like I’m old or something) superman wasn’t as good looking.. I get it from all ends!!

Well, somehow I managed to delete part of my comments above..

I have no doubt that Joseph’s 1st grandma may be a lot like me, she loves her grandbaby, and I am sure would love to see that relationship between him and his first mom/ parents as I love to see with my daughter and granddaughter. In the mean time it sounds like she will be the link and the bridge for him BETWEEN his extended family.

"From your mouth to God's ears! We so hope so, too. We would like nothing more than to have Joseph grow up knowing the love of his first mom in person. We are so thankful for Grandma M but of course hope that C will join us."

Keeping both families in my prayers for this to happen. And thank you for loving his first family and keeping those connections, some folks don’t realize how much that means and how much that helps many first moms come to a place of peace, which is what I pray will allow Joseph’s first mom to be a part of his and your life.

Thanks, Mari! Yes, please keep those prayers coming! We are so unbelievably thankful for the wonderful relationships we do have with Grandma M, his aunts and uncles, and his sisters, but there's still that hole where we hope C will be. And if I feel that hole, I can only imagine that Joseph may also. So, I continue to pray and reach out whenever the opportunity presents itself and hope that she will be able to join us one day soon.

And I meant to add that you do remind me very much of Grandma M. You both have such kind, wise spirits and such love for your families! We are lucky to have you both in our lives!

Edited by BDP21

Thinking of some of the STRONGEST women I know!! My beautiful daughter Lauranda, Amber, Paula, Ellie, Mama C, Bianca, Laurie, Sammy, Elicia, and so so many more who have walked this journey and those who have yet to come..

May God always watch over you, May you feel the continued strength He gives you when you’re facing fear, pain, and uncertainty. May you feel His arms embracing you, guiding you and lifting you up when you think you can no longer cope and go on. May the love that surrounds you be the beckon of light you need to find your way to peace and fill your dreams with those endless possibilities you WILL conquer.

http://youtu.be/d82NF01r-xc

Edited by 1st x grandma

I love when you catch yourself in one of those 'perfect moments'. Kevin, Alexander and I were reading a book on Thursday evening and for a moment I caught myself looking around and feeling pure contentment. It was such a woderful feeling.

“My life isn’t perfect, but it does have perfect moments.”

What a great quote and a great reminder too!! Thanks for sharing.

This is my wish for you:

Comfort on difficult days,

Smiles when sadness intrudes,

Rainbows to follow the clouds,

Laughter to kiss your lips,

Sunsets to warm your heart,

Hugs when spirits sag,

Beauty for your eyes to see,

Friendships to brighten your being,

Faith so that you can believe,

Confidence for when you doubt,

Courage to know yourself,

Patience to accept the truth,

Love to complete your life.

- Anonymous

• Upvote 2

Just to prove how much you and Grandma M are alike - she posted this very poem on my Facebook wall this morning! :)

Oh my gosh Beth, are you kidding me? This is just way too cool and what are the chances.. You tell Grandma M, we are kindred Spirits in the world of our families, please.. I always try and post inspirational things on my facebook also..

It has been a sort of tough day and this has lightened my load like you wouldn't believe. Thanks for sharing..

This is my wish for you:

Comfort on difficult days,

Smiles when sadness intrudes,

Rainbows to follow the clouds,

Laughter to kiss your lips,

Sunsets to warm your heart,

Hugs when spirits sag,

Beauty for your eyes to see,

Friendships to brighten your being,

Faith so that you can believe,

Confidence for when you doubt,

Courage to know yourself,

Patience to accept the truth,

Love to complete your life.

- Anonymous

Mari, you always seem to know just what to post when people need to hear it the most. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Just to prove how much you and Grandma M are alike - she posted this very poem on my Facebook wall this morning! :)

Oh my gosh Beth, are you kidding me? This is just way too cool and what are the chances.. You tell Grandma M, we are kindred Spirits in the world of our families, please.. I always try and post inspirational things on my facebook also..

It has been a sort of tough day and this has lightened my load like you wouldn't believe. Thanks for sharing..

So glad your load has been lightened! Hope today is a better day :)

Tears have a wisdom all their own.

They come when a person has relaxed enough to let go and to work through his sorrow.

They are the natural bleeding of an emotional wound, carrying the poison out of the system.

Here lies the road to recovery.

--- F. Alexander Magoun

You Always Have a Choice

"When faced with the inevitable, you always have a choice…. As I learned during my liberal arts education, any symbol can have, in the imaginative context, two versions, a positive and a negative. If you spill your milk, you’re left with a glass which is either half empty or half full…. You may not be able to alter reality, but you can alter your attitude towards it, and this, paradoxically, alters reality. Try it and see."

Margaret Atwood –The University of Toronto commencement, 1983

Sending warm thoughts and prayers for continued strength and courage to all in need...