A Birth Grandmother's Role

Mari – I hope this combination of medicines continues to work for your daughter. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Have a great time at your craft show – I’d love to see what kind of jewelry you make! (I do that too.)

Erin

Good to hear from you Mari. Many wonderful milestones. Good luck with your jewelry show!

Heather :)

Mari,

You are one busy lady.

Happy Holidays to you....enjoy Solan's birthday,

Glad to hear that Lauranda is doing better.....what a major accomplishment!

All my best, Amy

• 3 weeks later...

Wishing each of you and your families a wonderful Christmas, a safe and very blessed New Year..

Special prayers going out to all first families, especially to the first moms..May you find comfort surrounded by

the love of Your families.

We lift our voice to God above,

As we try to forget all our troubles and woes;

We pray, if just for a moment, we can be happy again,

we will find our way a little easier to go.

Though we may travel through our life, at times with heavy hearts.

God knows the burdens we bear,He will hear all our prayers and

our hearts deep desires.

Even in our days that are the darkest and seem so dreary,

He gives us hope that our days will become brighter and better.

His love and compassion will embrace us, so we can stand tall and hold

our heads high in the face of our pain.

We must be strong in our faith and our hope, feel confident He will walk

by our side, helping to heal our emptiness and lovingly teach us to be able to cope.

One day we will awake and be able to say, Dear God, my shoulders feel lighter, this will be a beautiful

day.

Happy Holidays Mari- prayers for health and happiness in 2011

Hello all,

Since in the Catholic faith, it is still officially Christmas until the Baptism of the Lord.. I thought I would share with all this beautiful prayer I was sent this weekend.. This may speak to many, of course to each of us in different ways I would imagine.. Enjoy

May Christmas be a true celebration of Jesus Christ at work in your life

May God grant you the light in Christmas, which is faith;

The warmth of Christmas, which is love;

The radiance of Christmas, which is purity;

The righteousness of Christmas, which is justice;

The belief in Christmas, which is truth;

The all of Christmas, which is Christ.

By: Mary Southerland

Girlfriends in God

Edited by 1st x grandma

What a beautiful prayer. Thanks you for sharing.

Tracey

• 4 weeks later...

Wishing my beautiful grandbaby a wonderful 2nd bday... my how time flies..

Heavenly Father,

We praise You for all Your gifts to us.

In a very special way, We thank You for our angel girl Sloane.

Bless her today on her 2nd birthday

Not only today as we celebrate her special day, but always,

please keep her in Your love.

Bless us too, Holy Father, bring blessings upon her parents

who nurture her and keep her safe, to all her family who

loves her and to whom she is so special..

Through Jesus Christ our lord.

Love you my angel girl...

Mari - LOVE the photos!!! I can't believe how big Sloane is now. She looked so happy. :) Thank you so much for posting photos!

Mari, I agree what beautiful pictures of Sloane's 2nd Birthday. She is an adorable little girl who has grown up so much. You can see all the love in the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,

Tracey

Thanks for sharing Mari -Sloane is so amazing! And so are you and your entire family! :P

Mari - LOVE the photos!!! I can't believe how big Sloane is now. She looked so happy. :) Thank you so much for posting photos!

Mari, I agree what beautiful pictures of Sloane's 2nd Birthday. She is an adorable little girl who has grown up so much. You can see all the love in the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,

Tracey

Thanks for sharing Mari -Sloane is so amazing! And so are you and your entire family! :P

Thank you ladies...it was an amazing visit in more ways then one...she is a very loved little girl by ALL who surround her and are touched by her..

Wishing everyone a happy and blessed week ahead...

Mari

• 3 months later...

Hello forum family..long time since I have been on here..

Wanted to wish all the moms no matter what side of the triad a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day..

Mari

• 2 months later...

Heidi. find I am having to reply this way to your comment on pic of "my girls"..wouldn't let me on actual pic/comment, said didn't have permission, had to be logged in,which of course I was.. will have to find out what I am apparently doing wrong later.. BUT ANYWAY..

Thank you..Isn’t she (Sloane) just gorgeous, if I do say so myself ;)..She’s always had her GRAMA’s heart..Don’t think I will ever get it back. And my daughter is just as beautiful too...

been gone too long from here.. need to make time to get back.. Hope all who are going to Camp Abrazo have a wonderful time.. I hope one day we will be able to make it and meet you all person to person..

You folks never far from my thoughts and heart..

blessed day all

Mari

Edited by 1st x grandma

Mari,

Your pictures of Sloane are beautiful! You can tell how loved she is by looking at the pictures with her surrounded by family!! You did not do anything wrong when trying to comment under a picture. That feature has restricted access depending upon how many chili peppers you have (posts). I think you have to have elite standing to do this, so keep posting!!

Mari,

Your pictures of Sloane are beautiful! You can tell how loved she is by looking at the pictures with her surrounded by family!! You did not do anything wrong when trying to comment under a picture. That feature has restricted access depending upon how many chili peppers you have (posts). I think you have to have elite standing to do this, so keep posting!!

THANK you Dee,, well there u go, guess will have to find a way to remedy that.. :) She is surrounded by love from all directions..

Mari - WOW... Sloane and your entire family are BEAUTIFUL. There is so much love in those pictures. It really warms my heart to see so many people come together for the love of one child. Seeing your daughter holding her with the same smile on their faces is an incredible sight. Everyone is so blessed to have Sloane in their lives!

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures with us! :D

Mari - WOW... Sloane and your entire family are BEAUTIFUL. There is so much love in those pictures. It really warms my heart to see so many people come together for the love of one child. Seeing your daughter holding her with the same smile on their faces is an incredible sight. Everyone is so blessed to have Sloane in their lives!

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures with us! :D

Thank you Melissa.. couldn't agree with you more on their smiles.. She is the beat of all our hearts..

Mari,

I love following you on FaceBook!

But I really love seeing you & your beautiful family here on Abrazo....there is just something about the triad & the love that spills from all angles.

Hope everyone is doing well in all aspects.

I look forward to reading more of your journey to your daughter's healing when the time is right.

Much love,

Amy

Mari, your new pictures are just beautiful!! Sloane is growing up to be so beautiful, but we see where she gets her stunning looks from ;)

Glad to see you back on the forum!! We missed you around here.

Mari, your new pictures are just beautiful!! Sloane is growing up to be so beautiful, but we see where she gets her stunning looks from ;)

Glad to see you back on the forum!! We missed you around here.

Thank you Monica,....she's a beauty just like my daughter :)...

I hope to be back on more regularly.. I've been pretty involved w/Brain Tumor groups and reconnecting with family from different parts of mexico, some I hadn't seen since I was four, others I never met until recently..and of course all the other things w/our "new normal" home front.. dd health/dr. app./labs/school , that I leave myself little time to get on here.. NEED TO MANAGE MY TIME..Keep reminding myself of that..

have a blessed day

And speaking of beauty and growing.. All these little ones on here are just beautiful..so many new additions and those that I have seen since being on here are growing up so fast as well.. Beautiful families..

Edited by 1st x grandma

• 5 months later...

Three years ago today, my daughter, her dad and I welcomed a beautiful little (much too little and much too early) angel girl into this world. Soon after, we were joined by her future parents and our new extended family, who also welcomed her with loving arms. It's amazing how much this little angel has impacted our lives, the love we have for our sweet girl is immeasurable. Not long after my daughter and I became a part of another extended family, this forum. The love and support shown by many of you were/is a source of strength. Thank you.

Happy 3rd Birthday beautiful Sloane, may God bless you with many, many more.

For all You have given us, Thank You God.

For all You have permitted, Thank You God.

For all You have prevented, Thank You God.

For all You have prepared us for, Thank You God.

For the precious little girl who has a tight loving grip on our hearts, Thank You God.

For having created us to love You for eternity, Thank You God.