We are LDS RU?

You should see my BIG FAT CATHOLIC FAMILY!! Once you get into the tried and true Catholics you talk about some BIG families!! :)

Love the BMW!

You should see my BIG FAT CATHOLIC FAMILY!! Once you get into the tried and true Catholics you talk about some BIG families!! :)

Love the BMW!

That's one trophy Ben and I personally are very happy to let OTHER people win! LOL!!!! It was definitely a part of Ben and I's dating process... that both of us did not want a "big" family.... found out later we had a small difference in how # = big family to each of us but infertility solved that argument. hee hee hee

Ha ha! Well I don't plan on having 12 kids, but my grandparents did, and then each of them had between 4 and 9 kids of thier own...and thier kids are having up to 5 kids already...I have over 100 cousins on one side! But I'm not nearly as close with them as I am my other side.

Eh - you have the mini van now, why stop with 2? Or 3...or 4....LOL!

Good idea ... have van will multiply!!! ha ha ha I love it!

Welcome Matt and Melinda!!!

Natlaie, It seems if you have a big family you must be Catholic, Baptist or Mormom.

I would love to be a family with four but not sure that its in the cards for us.

I have a 1997 Honda Oddeyssy. We only have one extra seat.

Heather :)

In the news today: Mormon Church Posthumously Baptized Obama's Mother

In a sense, I guess it's as if the Church of the Latter Day Saints "adopted" Stanley Ann Dunham, which seems comforting on some level, although with her skepticism towards organized religion, one might wonder whether this would have been her desire? I do understand why other faiths are offended by the implication that the baptisms done in their churches were somehow inadequate; I'm wondering if our Mormon Forum members might shed some light on this practice, to help us all better understand it?

And another question-- given the LDS' admirable emphasis on adopting (see this, for example), does the "sealing of the family" ever include birthparents? (And if not, wouldn't that imply that in Heaven, birthfamilies can never be reunited with the children they placed, because they weren't sealed as a family? Surely that's not the intent?) Just curious...

Yes, you are only suppose to baptize by proxy your ancestry line. You also have to have permission by the closest relative living to do the temple work or that the deceased has been deceased for 100 years.

We believe that not everyone is this life has the chance to learn about Jesus Christ and his Gospel. We believe that in the spirit world that there are those that are being taught the Gospel for maybe the first time or maybe the 7th time but as we do the "baptism for the dead" they have the choice to accept or not accept the work that is being done.

Here is a link that will explain it with scripture references. LDS Link Here

Sorry I do not know how to do those fancy links.

Elizabeth, about your second question honestly I think God will work all things out. I know that my children are sealed to my family but I also feel that we are all apart of a bigger family. I know that I want my children's birthparents to be a part of their lives now and in the next life.

Really we are all adopted.

Heather :)

p.s. I don't mind the questions because I love sharing about my church but what about other religions?

p.s. I don't mind the questions because I love sharing about my church but what about other religions?

Hmmm... We've already got a Catholic Corner and a special section for our Jewish Friends, plus an area reserved for Interfaith Families and for Islamic discussions, as well as a Christianity thread and a general Church Chat... but perhaps our "Chapel Potluck" needs a Protestant(s) Dish, as well? :)

Heather beat me to it. I pretty much second what she has said.

We believe those who are baptized posthumously have the choice of accepting that baptism or not. If they do not accept it, then so be it. But we feel that everyone should at least be given the opportunity to accept/decline it.

Our youngest was sealed to us after his adoption was finalized. I do not know or understand all that will/does occur in the hereafter, but I do know that Danielle (and "K" and their respective families) was/is/will very much be a part of our family.

Our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of His children, and I have no doubt that He knows how it will all work out, even if I/we don't.

I don't mind the questions either. And if anyone would like to research more about the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, they can link to LDS.org

We're Mormon too :)

Kristin

When Ben and I came to Abrazo, we asked about whether our home study which was originally done by LDS Family Services would translate to Texas standards and the chicks indicated that they had worked with LDSFS home studies before. So I know that there are other members of the LDS faith out there somewhere in the greater Abrazo family - maybe even on the forum. Thought I'd see if I could drag you out of the woodwork by creating our own spot in the chapel potluck.

I know for me I'm not one to make a big deal about my religion. I certainly don't want to be the "Mormon forum-member". But if other faiths have a place to talk about baptisms and other events then I sure as heck (big language for a Mormon I know) want a place to beam about taking our baby to the temple this summer.

Cheers (hear clinking of my sprite glass), :lol:

Suzi

We're excited to have you here Kristin!!

I have a new calling (assignment) in church as of today... relief society secretary. this is my first non-teaching calling ever. But I always said that the only reason I was able to teach (sometimes 10 - 3 year olds at once by myself) was because I didn't have children at home and could CRASH when I got home from church. I've never been in relief society but I think it will be good at this time in life. I can still keep collin with me at church with this calling and as an accountant I can do roll!!!! LOL!