New Grands

moorekid

Jocelyn's father, Ron, and I are so excited for her and Scott, we are learning so much, it's like looking through 'new eyes' things about adoption, open adoption, birth mothers, grandparents, the list is endless. Thank you!

Hi Sue,

I'm excited to see another grandmother in waiting on the forum. I, too, feel so lucky to have this site in which to learn all that I can about open adoption. What a blessing for our children to have such enormous support and understanding from others who have walked this journey before them and are so kind to then become mentors. I can provide lots of love but have never walked my daughter's path. It feels like we suddenly have "GPS" to navigate the trip. I wish you the best on your journey to find you sweet grandchild :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard about a special Grandparent to be, who has shared her homecooking with an expectant Mom in Austin. How thoughtful (and Yummy)!

Karen

She certainly has... "J" called me today talking about how much she and the girls had loved digging into a batch of chicken & dumplings my mom dropped by a couple of days ago. I love hearing that someone thinks my mom is as great as I think she is!! :D

• 2 months later...

I know that there are some new grands out there and we would all like to get to know you, and share the wonderful life of being a grandparent. Are you a grand in waiting? Well we'd love to hear from you to. Don't be shy we are a friendly bunch and would love to share ideas and thought with you.

Love,

Gram Sharron

Proud Gram of Abigail and Shaun

Hi, I'm Amy's MoM. Amy will tell you it took me time to "Get It". Wow, what a journey and I really appreciate A&C letting me be a part of it. Watching Amy grow her relationship with K makes me very proud and I hope some day to be able to tell K how much I respect her and her family. Dec 3 is the due date, but if Baby B is born on Dec 8th we could share a very special Birthday!!! Prayers for all of the Abrazo Family, God Bless, TC

Hi, I'm Amy's MoM. Amy will tell you it took me time to "Get It". Wow, what a journey and I really appreciate A&C letting me be a part of it. Watching Amy grow her relationship with K makes me very proud and I hope some day to be able to tell K how much I respect her and her family. Dec 3 is the due date, but if Baby B is born on Dec 8th we could share a very special Birthday!!! Prayers for all of the Abrazo Family, God Bless, TC

It is great to see you post! I love to hear the honesty about taking time to "Get It". I believe that is true for all of us and our families. Until we were educated at orientation we did not really "Get It" completely either. Now as we educate our families and friends it is amazing to watch them grow and get it too. :D

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Blessings,

Tracey

Hi, TTC!

My mom is also on the forum - GrandMimi (or Jackie!)- so I'm so glad to see another grandmother on the forum. Open adoption is such a wonderful journey and I'm so happy to see you on the forum. We just recently took placement of a little miracle, Oliver, in September and such a large hole was filled in our hearts, but my mother's too. Grandparents have such a special role and how wonderful for this sweet baby to have a grandmother to potentially share a birthday with! We're enjoying reading Amy's thoughts (and are learning so much from her) and really look forward to hearing more from you, too. There's so much to learn on the forum about how amazing open adoption can be.

With love,

Melissa

Welcome, TTC! We adore your daughter and son-in-law and look forward to seeing their (and your) family grow! Please feel free to jump in any conversation, on any topic here on the Forum (grandparent-related or otherwise!) We learn best from each other and we're so glad you've joined our Forum family. Make yourself at home!

• 1 year later...

Not too sure if there is where I should post this but I had to share.

The other evening my Dad took us to dinner so he could see Alexander before he leaves for a month to Australia for work.

We are at the restaurant and Alexander had his Gap Hoodie on. He was looking very cute.

I come out of the bathroom and I head back to the table with my Dad leaning over Alexander's car seat saying...'Alexander, you look so cute in your hoodie! I have to take a picture and send it to Grandma'.

I just started laughing so hard. I think it was the fact that my Dad was saying 'Hoodie'. It just cracked me up.

He loves Alexander so much.

• 7 years later...

Abrazo has a secret Facebook group called "GRANDPARENTLAND" which is for Abrazo birthgrandparents and grandparents-by-adoption... if you wish to be added to the membership, just message the Abrazo Facebook page, and tell us the adoptee's name and we'll get you in! (No secret clubhouse password is required, wink.)