New Grands

moorekid

I know that there are some new grands out there and we would all like to get to know you, and share the wonderful life of being a grandparent. Are you a grand in waiting? Well we'd love to hear from you to. Don't be shy we are a friendly bunch and would love to share ideas and thought with you.

Love,

Gram Sharron

Proud Gram of Abigail and Shaun

• 1 year later...

I love that she knows so much about Abrazo and is learning so much about open adoption. She reads portions of the forum out to my dad, too, and a friend asked me a question about adoption the other day... and my dad jumped in and answered before I could! I'm a huge fan of grandparents being a part of this. My mom's username is GrandMimi! :lol:

Just a little encouragement for GrandMimi... I'll be excitedly looking for your first post! Don't be shy, we'd love for you to join in anywhere you feel comfortable. The first post is always the hardest and then it get's easy. There are lots of friends here. :)

Karen

Welcome aboard! So glad you are apart of our family & friends! Enjoy the ride! It can get bumpy at times!

ps. the nursery so far looks great... I bet you helped your daughter Melissa!!!

We would love to hear from you Melissa's mom.biggrin.gif

Tracey

Thank you all for your invitation to join in. I have wanted to post for some time but thought I would be sure Melissa and Steven were chosen for the oreintation first (didn't want to be presumptuous). I sometimes feel like I did as a child when I would ease drop on other people's conversations on my grandparents partyline (guess most of you don't even know what that is). I have learned so very much about open adoption from your incredible posts. I find myself going back to read your previous posts so I can know "the whole story". I have begun praying for many of you and for the birth families. I love to read the encouraging words you have for one another and feel so blessed to know that Melissa and Steven will have such a wonderful support system in place if they are chosen. Thank you all so much for allowing me to learn from you.

Mimi

Thank you all for your invitation to join in. I have wanted to post for some time but thought I would be sure Melissa and Steven were chosen for the oreintation first (didn't want to be presumptuous). I sometimes feel like I did as a child when I would ease drop on other people's conversations on my grandparents partyline (guess most of you don't even know what that is). I have learned so very much about open adoption from your incredible posts. I find myself going back to read your previous posts so I can know "the whole story". I have begun praying for many of you and for the birth families. I love to read the encouraging words you have for one another and feel so blessed to know that Melissa and Steven will have such a wonderful support system in place if they are chosen. Thank you all so much for allowing me to learn from you.

Mimi

:wub:

Mimi

Mimi, my dad lives out in the middle of nowhere, and had a party line up until about 10 years ago. I am all too familiar with one...and am thankful that he isn't on it now!

Welcome to the forum. We don't always agree on things, but we do care about and support one another! I hope to meet your Melissa soon as we also live in Memphis.

Welcome Mimi! I have found that this forum gives you a great look into the world of adoption and like reading people's stories. My just got my mom to join earlier this week but I don't think she's been on the play around yet.

Hi, this is Sue, Jocelyn's mom. We are looking forward to being grandparents once Jocelyn and Scott's baby arrives.

Welcome to the Forum Sue! There is a wealth of information here so look around and chime in any place you'd like to. We all learn from each other here!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Mama (GrandMimi!), you can feel free to post away on the forum now that there's a little assurance! We'll be at the April 30-May 1 orientation, so I hope you get on here and lend your perspective (along with Sue now, too!) with an open heart every step of the way! I'm so happy that we BOTH have the support and resources here to work through the anxious times, gain empathy through personal experiences, and celebrate together during the exciting times!

Steven and I both love you dearly!!

I cannot begin to express how excited I feel!!!! When Melissa and Steven got the call that they were accepted into the next oreintation it felt like getting the call that said "hey mom, we're pregnant"!!! (because it's not if, but when :) God has granted us such a sense of peace with Abrazo. From the time Melissa was a little girl she would tell us that one day she was going to adopt a child. Of course at the time she had no idea that she was infertile but I believe God was working on her heart very early, letting her know He had a plan and He would be there for her every step of the way. To me, adoption is just another way to share all the love we have stored with another precious child. But this forum has been invaluable in allowing us to see the bigger picture. After reading your stories, and especially the ones from the birthmothers and birthgrandmothers, I cannot imagine anything other than an open adoption. I thank you ladies so much for allowing me to read your stories. I've learned so much about you that you feel like dear friends. I rejoice when you get good news and grieve when it's not. So if you see me on here a lot, I'm just reading and learning everything I can before the sweet angel makes its way to us.

MIMI

What a heartfelt post....Ty has a MiMi as well...it's my mama!!! She is crazy about our lil' man!!! I know you'll be the same way :D

• 2 weeks later...

I was chatting with my mom on the phone the other day and she was telling me about how friends and family keep asking for updates on how our adoption journey is going. So, just like we all do, she explains a little about what's happening.

I think we're all shocked (why, though?) when we talk about adoption and someone says something baffling in their response. Typically, we either get defensive or hurt or angry... it's a range of some emotion like that. Well, I was especially proud of my mama because she said "So, I just took it as a chance to educate them. I mean, I remember when I didn't know nearly as much as I do now about adoption - especially open adoption - and my feelings have changed so much now that I'm more educated."

I was so proud! :D

I've been told (hope because I just like people and like to talk) that I could have a conversation with a telephone pole. I just bet all these telephone poles never dreamed they would know so much about open adoption. I can't speak for everyone my age but I believe many of us make inappropriate remarks about the adoption process because we hurt for the birthmother and child. But now my eyes have been opened to new possibilities. I haven't spoken to anyone who intentionally said something inappropriate but rather thought (as I did before the forum) that adoptions were closed. Therefore their questions tend to be about the pain. I hope I am able to spread the enthusiasm and hope that an open adoption allows. And you, forum enthusiasts, have given me just the fuel I need for my fire. I've enlightened all our family, friends and telephone poles. Now I'm working on perfect strangers.

I'm proud of you too!! Together you and I will educate all of North MS okay?!! :lol:

I'm proud of you too!! Together you and I will educate all of North MS okay?!! :lol:

And maybe after we conquer North Mississippi we could go for a more corralled group, say...on a cruise ship or island? I'm just thinking of all the many possibilities ;)

Jocelyn's father, Ron, and I are so excited for her and Scott, we are learning so much, it's like looking through 'new eyes' things about adoption, open adoption, birth mothers, grandparents, the list is endless. Thank you!

Jocelyn's father, Ron, and I are so excited for her and Scott, we are learning so much, it's like looking through 'new eyes' things about adoption, open adoption, birth mothers, grandparents, the list is endless. Thank you!

Hi Sue,

I'm excited to see another grandmother in waiting on the forum. I, too, feel so lucky to have this site in which to learn all that I can about open adoption. What a blessing for our children to have such enormous support and understanding from others who have walked this journey before them and are so kind to then become mentors. I can provide lots of love but have never walked my daughter's path. It feels like we suddenly have "GPS" to navigate the trip. I wish you the best on your journey to find you sweet grandchild :)

Hi Sue,

I'm excited to see another grandmother in waiting on the forum. I, too, feel so lucky to have this site in which to learn all that I can about open adoption. What a blessing for our children to have such enormous support and understanding from others who have walked this journey before them and are so kind to then become mentors. I can provide lots of love but have never walked my daughter's path. It feels like we suddenly have "GPS" to navigate the trip. I wish you the best on your journey to find you sweet grandchild :)