Baby Announcements 2009

Stork Central

ooooh! exciting!

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good things DO come to those who wait, and here's proof, because it's officially official, now! Just eleven months after their finished homestudy and profile finally arrived at Abrazo, a very eager Midwestern couple (who'd attended the Bald Tires orientation weekend of 7/08) have returned to the Lone Star State to meet their teeny-tiny new daughter, a preemie who will surely benefit from all the love they have to lavish on her! (And most appropriately, their little baby girl was born in a Texas town whose name, in Greek, means "journey/voyage" and this certainly describes the adoption experience perfectly!) Her birthmother and birthsiblings aren't quite ready to meet them, just yet, but here's hoping the happy new parents can use all they've learned here on the Forum over the past few months to encourage them via correspondence, so that by the time finalization rolls around, they may have an opportunity to say "thank you" in person to the family who have enabled them to become one, as well. Blessings, all!

Congratulations!

Big Congratulations to Mark & Erin!!

Can't wait to see pictures and hear her name. Keeping you all in our prayers. Sending special prayers to the first family.

Blessings,

Tracey

I'm ALL FIRED up about this lil' one. Blessings to Erin & Mark!!!!

Welcome wee little one....blessings to the newly created family and prayers for peaceful hearts to all that love her too

Wonderful news!!!! Congratulations to the newly formed family!!!

Congratulations Mark and Erin!! Thankful for many answered prayers. Continued prayers for your daughter as she grows and for her first family.

"For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him." --1 Samuel 1:27

To some, it may have looked like a garden variety "B.O.G." case, based on how quickly it all came together, but in truth, our latest placement is the culmination of the dreams and efforts of many over time. For these graduates of our Bald Tires orientation of 7/08, it was a dream in the making over their 16 years of marriage, and even her father's death at the time of the orientation weekend could not deter them, for they knew he surely supported their goal of parenthood. Their homestudy was completed by an old friend of Abrazo, a TN social work legend who dearly longed to see them become parents; she is surely in Heaven, too, cheering for the events of today.

But this placement couldn't have been possible were it not for four more people; an Abrazo alum who lived in the area and took agency literature to the hospital in hopes of helping out someone in need; a hospital social worker who checked Abrazo out online to be certain she was making the best possible agency referral; an Abrazo staff member who joyfully gave up personal plans to travel as needed; and one desperate young mom,who birthed a child for whom she knew she could not provide yet whom has given her child the ultimate gift, that of a loving adoptive home.

For all of these people to be called together for the welfare of one baby boy is more than coincidental; it's providential. May God's own self be smiling at the wonders that were brought about, this day. Blessings, all!

My heart is SO full for the new families of 3!!! Mark and Erin and Ric and Teresa give those babies a snuggle from Auntie Suzi. :) We are so happy for you and excited to hear this news.

How beautifully stated!! God in his timing, has created another perfect union!! Congratulations, Ric and Teresa!! Good things do come to those who wait!! Can't wait to see your precious baby boy at our next Memphis Reunion!!

God is sooooo GOOD!!!

Love,

Melanie :)

Abrazo you guys are Amazing... 2 for 2 this week and especially for Ric & Teresa...We ARE SO HAPPY for YOU!!

Thank heaven for a special little boy and all who love him

Ric and Teresa so happy for you!!! What a beautiful announcement. I too am looking forward to holding your son next year at the Memphis Reunion.biggrin.gif I know your hearts are filled with joy and so much love. Keeping the first momma in our prayers. God is Good! Thanks to all those that helped him in this journey.

Blessings,

Tracey

Wow!!! What an amazing day for these newly formed families and the agency that made it happen! Congratulations to everyone involved in such an amazing day!