Baby Announcements 2009

Stork Central

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Steadman's!!!!

We have been prayerfully waiting with you to rejoice today.

A perfect addition to your Great Family!!!

Can't wait to actually meet that sweet girl.

Hoping the car seat test does not take too long today.

Thinking of "V" and family today also.

Samantha and Nicholas can't wait to meet their new friend.

When we travel next week to return Tristian home, maybe we can meet up somewhere.

Huge congratulations!!!!!!!

I am so happy for the Steadmans and this little miracle's first family!! What a blessing!!

Can't wait to see her and of course Jim, Andrea and big brother Gavin in August!!!

Every adoption journey is different and unique, as is every child, and some are more predictable than others.

This weekend suddenly produced one of those more unique journeys, and our newest set of parents (members of our "Are We There Yet" orientation class of February, 2009) are surely pinching themselves, just to be sure it's for real! One week back, they were just another set of Parents-in-Waiting, longing for phone calls from expectant parents considering adoption. They'd had a few, but none that seemed to go anywhere, and they were eager to settle into a match that would lead, in time, to placement.

They could never have guessed, just four days ago, that their lives were about to take such amazing turns, so rapidly! But many miles from their home, a fiercely independent and proud mom was entering a Texas hospital knowing she would birth a baby she couldn't take home with her, much as she wished things were different.

After months of private deliberation and quiet desperation, the pregnancy was over. Her baby was here and her decision was at hand. She carefully considered her options, called Abrazo, and found her baby a loving new home in a matter of hours. And being just-as-motivated people with open hearts and a ready homestudy, the adoptive couple of her choosing were more than happy to jump on a plane with just hours' notice, to get to Texas to be here for her. (And him.) Because that's the kind of caring folks they are.

They were where they were needed, when needed by a baby boy whose dear mama needed a family who could be just that ready. May the roads that lead from here and today be just as filled with joyous adventures, and may this precious baby boy always journey through life with full knowledge of and access to all who love him best. Blessings, all!

Wonderful news for two wonderful couples!! We cannot wait to meet the new babies at the respective Abrazo gatherings!! Enjoy these early and precious days!

Welcome home Grace Ellen.

Arrival: 10:25pm on Thursday, July 23, 2009

Weight: 5 pounds 7 ounces

Length: 18 inches

"Faith is the evidence of things unseen..." reads Hebrew 11:1. Here's to those who have the faith to wait on God's plan and the grace to know God's plan is always best.

How ironic that you would post this. Once Grace was finally released from the hospital today (after some delays) we were driving to the hotel and we passed a Luthern Church...the sign out front read "God's timing is perfect." That it is...that it is.

Wow, what a great day!

Congratulations go out to the newest Abrazo family as well as the newly expanded Abrazo family!

Blessings to all!

Congratulations to all that love this precious baby boy! Lifting prayers and hugs to the first mom and to the new parents.

What a great week full of blessings to the wonderful families joined together by God and these precious babies.

Tracey

Praise to Nicole & Raj!!!! ;)

Every adoption journey is different and unique, as is every child, and some are more predictable than others.

This weekend suddenly produced one of those more unique journeys, and our newest set of parents (members of our "Are We There Yet" orientation class of February, 2009) are surely pinching themselves, just to be sure it's for real! One week back, they were just another set of Parents-in-Waiting, longing for phone calls from expectant parents considering adoption. They'd had a few, but none that seemed to go anywhere, and they were eager to settle into a match that would lead, in time, to placement.

They could never have guessed, just four days ago, that their lives were about to take such amazing turns, so rapidly! But many miles from their home, a fiercely independent and proud mom was entering a Texas hospital knowing she would birth a baby she couldn't take home with her, much as she wished things were different.

After months of private deliberation and quiet desperation, the pregnancy was over. Her baby was here and her decision was at hand. She carefully considered her options, called Abrazo, and found her baby a loving new home in a matter of hours. And being just-as-motivated people with open hearts and a ready homestudy, the adoptive couple of her choosing were more than happy to jump on a plane with just hours' notice, to get to Texas to be here for her. (And him.) Because that's the kind of caring folks they are.

They were where they were needed, when needed by a baby boy whose dear mama needed a family who could be just that ready. May the roads that lead from here and today be just as filled with joyous adventures, and may this precious baby boy always journey through life with full knowledge of and access to all who love him best. Blessings, all!

Dear Abrazo Family,

I sit here typing through tears our joy as our new son, Rocco, sleeps next to me. Elizabeth is right, if you told me 4 days ago that I would be holding my baby on Monday, I would have never believed you. A "baby on ground" certainly throws you for a loop!

Our thanks go out to the wonderful ladies at Abrazo, who made this all possible, and especially to Angela, who has traveled back and forth to Austin, giving up her weekend and her day off, and who reassured us when we hit a bump in the road on Sunday. We also want to thank the other Yetties and to all the Abrazo families for their prayers and well wishes. And biggest thanks to R & L, Rocco's first mom and dad, for their incredibly loving and selfless act. We will thank God for them every day.

As my friend Christie just messaged me, "Everything in life happens for a reason. He was always yours. God just found a unique way to get him to you." AMEN to that!!

With love,

Nicole, Raj and baby Rocco

CONGRATULATIONS to the Steadman's and Welcome Grace Ellen!

So many of us have been praying for you to find your way home. You have found your way to a very special family and a home filled with love. Your arrival is a beautiful blessing and a testament to all that is good in the world from above.

"Faith is the evidence of things unseen..." reads Hebrew 11:1. Here's to those who have the faith to wait on God's plan and the grace to know God's plan is always best.

Congratulations and welcome little one - Rocco. Reading your announcement brought back all the wonderfulness of a BOG, like our little angel. Enjoy every minute of the miracle and the fun...it truly is a great blessing!!!

Welcome home Grace Ellen.

Arrival: 10:25pm on Thursday, July 23, 2009

Weight: 5 pounds 7 ounces

Length: 18 inches

How ironic that you would post this. Once Grace was finally released from the hospital today (after some delays) we were driving to the hotel and we passed a Luthern Church...the sign out front read "God's timing is perfect." That it is...that it is.

Be still my heart...Grace and Lydia share the same birthday! Just two years apart. What an awesome day! I love reading your story on the 3 X 5 thread and can "hear" you sharing it.

Also, congrats to Nicole, Raj, and Rocco!

Wow, I'm off the forum for 4 days and 3 wonderful blesings arrive!!

Congratulations to all the new Forever Families!!!!