Baby Announcements 2009

Stork Central

Good job and Congratulations to this "Fool"-ish family who are now Tweeners! Blessings to all.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blessings abound to the newest family!!! Thinking of all the birthparents as we rejoice in sharing the love of open adoptions!

Congratulations to the new family of 4! Hugs to the first mom.

Tracey

Congratulations!!

In January of 2008, eight couples were gathered in a hotel conference room in San Antonio for an Abrazo Parents-of-Tomorrow weekend that later became known as the 3x5s. (So named because three of those couples were againers who had overcome harrowing experiences on their way to their prior adoptions, yet had the faith to sign up again.) One told of enduring medical complications, another talked of birthparent issues, and the third shared their tale of surviving a frightening legal challenge.

None knew what lay ahead, but for one couple, the journey to their next child held highs and lows they surely could not have imagined that January night. They made a leap of faith in accepting a match many might have rejected, only to see it fail, through no fault of their own. They matched a second time, with a mother who wanted little contact and sadly saw that connection ultimately falter, as well. Yet through it all, they continued to uplift Abrazo's community and support their own relatives in times of crises over the last year, still trusting that they truly were meant to grow their family and that like the cotton square, it would blossom in time.

They could not possibly know how desperately a young South Texas family needed them to be going through all they were, in order to ensure that this loving home would still be available for their beloved baby girl, in the summer of 2009. They couldn't have known how much their new daughter's birthmom would need a family would could understand her circumstances without judgement and why their prior legal experience would have prepared them for any risks the new case might present. They couldn't know how appreciated they would be, this time around, after their generosity and trust had been so neglected by those with whom they'd matched previously.

But God knew, and in God's infinite goodness, two good families were brought together for the good of one very blessed child, whose place in the world now blesses them both.

"Faith is the evidence of things unseen..." reads Hebrew 11:1. Here's to those who have the faith to wait on God's plan and the grace to know God's plan is always best. Congratulations, all!

Jim & Andrea and BIG BROTHER Gavin,

We are so excited to celebrate with you today! You have truly been an inspiration of faith and patience. It's makes me all teary to see your dreams come true.

Suzi

I am overjoyed! Congratulations to Jim, Andrea, and Gavin and a big hug to the wonderful birthfamily!

PRAISE.... Can't wait to meet that lil' girl of yours.... tears of sweet joy here. Call us when you get a chance so I give that baby a sweet hug!!! ;)

I got chills reading this particular birth announcement. I know all Abrazo families are deserving of this kind of blessing, but it does my heart oh so good to know that the incredible and wonderful Steadman family has grown to include a precious baby girl. I know she will be doted on by her big sisters and big brother Gavin...not to mention mom, dad, and grandparents. Special prayers for the loving momma who chose one of the best of the best families for her daughter and herself! I can not wait to meet this little darling in person!!

A Girl. Congrats to a really nice couple with a new bundle of joy. God bless you all as well.

Answered prayers indeed! Congradulations to the Steadman family, May peaceful hearts be granted to the birthfamily of this much loved little girl

HOORAY!! Congratulations to the Steadman family! A sweet baby girl for so many to love. Lifting prayers for this birthmom and all that love this sweet baby girl.

Blessings,

Tracey

Hooray for this day!!! Congratulations Steadman family on the arrival of your little girl!!