Baby Announcements 2009

Stork Central

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping to log on tonight and find this wonderful news, and I did!! I am so happy for you!

Congratulations Tara and Eric on your wonderful new son. Happy Father's Day Eric -- one you will never forget, I'm sure!

Happy Father's Day and a belated Happy Mother's Day Tara and Eric and Tracey and Denver. Many congratulations and much joy to you all!

Being last is wonderful after all, isn't it?

God watch over these new parents, their precious baby boys, and their first parents. Thank you God for your beautiful plan.

Huge Congratulations to Denver and Tracey and Tara and Eric! What a wonderful day for the Stickybacks and most especially for the two new families blessed with little boys. Peace to the birthfamilies as they try to sort thru both the joy and sadness this decision brings.

Enjoy these babies and Happy Fathers Day to both men. Ladies you also got your Mothers day, just a little late but better late than never. Enjoy your time together it is so precious.

Sandi

Congratulations Tara and Eric!! Hugo is just adorable!

Congratulations to Eric, Tara and baby Hugo!! Have I said how HAPPY I am for my dear friends! Again, it has been an unbelievable week! It makes me smile and brings joyous tears to my eyes!

Also keeping Hugo's first momma in our prayers.

Hugs,

Tracey

May Hugo and Lathan both have lives filled with love, health and laughter. May these boys always know the love their 1st families had for them and the courage it took to place them in the loving arms of the people they will call Mommy and Daddy. Congradulations on Sticking it out....

Big Congratulations to Tracey and Denver.....and Tara and Eric!! I have not had internet for a while.....and what a surprise awaited me as I saw the news!!

God is so very, very good!!

What wonderful days!

Hugo and Lathan...like the names! How did you guys come up with them?

After looking thru some baby books and meanings, Lathan was one of the names that stuck out, we had never heard it(but I'm sure there are millions named this., lol) and the meaning of Lathan is "gift from god". And this is exactly what Lathan is. And definitely it was in "god's timing" not ours.

Blessings and prayers to all the PIW,

Tracey

After looking thru some baby books and meanings, Lathan was one of the names that stuck out, we had never heard it(but I'm sure there are millions named this., lol) and the meaning of Lathan is "gift from god". And this is exactly what Lathan is. And definitely it was in "god's timing" not ours.

Tracey

I have always been fascinated to know how people got their names...Thanks for sharing!

Tracey

That's cool Tracey. When I read your post I thought, "That's odd. I thought Nathan meant "gift from God" or "God has given." Nathan is Joshua's middle name because of it's meaning. I looked up Lathan, and the website said it was a form of Nathan. Well, duh! I love the name Lathan...different, meaningful, and very cool sounding!! Can't wait to hold that little cutie!

Tracey

That's cool Tracey. When I read your post I thought, "That's odd. I thought Nathan meant "gift from God" or "God has given." Nathan is Joshua's middle name because of it's meaning. I looked up Lathan, and the website said it was a form of Nathan.

Well, duh! I love the name Lathan...different, meaningful, and very cool sounding!! Can't wait to hold that little cutie!

Looking forward to seeing you and your family at the reunion too! So will Lathan, he loves to be cuddled :D .

Tracey

• 2 weeks later...

Over two hundred years ago, a man named William Cowper wrote a hymn to which new parents can, perhaps, relate:

God moves in a mysterious way, His wonders to perform; He plants His footsteps in the sea and rides upon the storm.

Deep in unfathomable mines of never failing skill, He treasures up His bright designs and works His sov'reign will.

Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take; the clouds ye so much dread are big with mercy and shall break in blessings on your head.

Judge not the Lord by feeble sense but trust Him for His grace; behind a frowning providence He hides a smiling face.

His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour; the bud may have a bitter taste, but sweet will be the flow'r.

Blind unbelief is sure to err and scan His work in vain; God is His own interpreter, and He will make it plain.

Mysterious ways, indeed... how else could an 18th century Englishman who struggled with depression and suicidal urges draft lyrics that so perfectly depict the faith required of those who find themselves in the adoption process today?

How else could a 21st century couple who'd struggled with infertility find the faith to trust they weren't meant to remain childless, amidst all odds?

How else could a prospective adoptive couple who filled out their application less than six months ago and attended our February 2009 "Are You There Yet?"orientation weekend already be signing entrustment documents to become parents of a beautiful, healthy baby girl today?

And how else could two people whose love story began at a summer camp be led (as childless newlyweds) to foster a troubled youth who in turn led them to match with a troubled couple who'd literally found Abrazo's phone number over breakfast tacos they bought with their very last dollar?

He has made it plain... thanks be to God, from whom all blessings flow.