Paper work

Danette

Hello everyone my name is Danette. I was on the forum 2 months ago we were planning on shooting for the July orientation but we are in the middle of being relocated. When is the best time to turn all paperwork in if we plan on getting settled first and aiming for a late spring early summer orientation. Also should we wait for the home study until we know our exact orientation information.

Thank you

Danette

I think you're probably best to ask Angela regarding the application. In terms of home study - get going as soon as you can - its a huge process and as soon as you are done with orientation if you have your home study done you can start talking to birth parents right away rather than waiting (sometimes months) for your home study to get done.

Best wishes in relocating and as you continue to move forward.

Suzi

• 2 months later...
Hello everyone my name is Danette. I was on the forum 2 months ago we were planning on shooting for the July orientation but we are in the middle of being relocated. When is the best time to turn all paperwork in if we plan on getting settled first and aiming for a late spring early summer orientation. Also should we wait for the home study until we know our exact orientation information.

Thank you

Danette

Hi Everyone, we sent in our inquiry a few weeks ago and are hoping to hear back soon. It's great to see everyone communicating on here. Brandy Smith

Thank you

Danette

Hi Everyone, we sent in our inquiry a few weeks ago and are hoping to hear back soon. It's great to see everyone communicating on here. Brandy Smith

Brandy, It took 2-3 weeks for a response to our inquiry. I would think you'd be hearing something soon. Good luck!

Lori

Our time frame was about 3 weeks for a response. We sent in our paperwork in October and we're attending the November orientation! Good luck with whenever you choose to get things going. You'll know when the time feels right.

Faith

Our time frame was about 3 weeks for a response. We sent in our paperwork in October and we're attending the November orientation! Good luck with whenever you choose to get things going. You'll know when the time feels right.

Faith

Ours was similar. You just never know. It took a few weeks to process our Inquiry and get an Application. We applied just after the last published 2006 Orientation date (Nov). We thought it would be Jan/Feb of the next year before we received an invitation for Orientation. Next thing ya know, we were Approved and invited to a new December Orientation only 3 weeks away!

Everything kicked into high gear, we went to Orientation, had our first birthmother call 5 days after leaving (Homestudy was already complete), 12 birthmother calls and a few months later had the "right" match come thru, and Wow! :blink: a mere 9 months after Orientation, our newborn son was in our Arms! :D GOD IS GOOD! And Abrazo's process put us in touch with "Clara" who made our dreams of parenthood a reality! It's a good program. GOOD LUCK!

Peace,

Adam