Nana Carleen's BragBlog

Nana Carleen

Hello,

I want to share my story as we just became grandparents to a beautiful baby girl. I have always been a person of faith and last March when my daughter and husband first found out their birthmother possibly had a change of heart four days before delivery, I prayed and prayed as I have never done before - even more than when my husband was having surgery for removal of cancer. I just knew that God could not allow my daughter and son-in-law to miss out on the baby girl they had been totally prepared for both physically and spiritually. Well, it did happen and although I didn't totally lose faith, I was seriously doubting my beliefs. Gradually over the next couple of months seeing the faith of our children, I again turned to God and my prayers. I was able to visit my kids in Apr. and saw the nursery, all the pink clothes as well as everything a baby could possibly need and it was so hard for me. My kids had faith, joked about possibly getting a little boy and having him use '"pink" things and the "if" word didn't enter into the mix - it was "when".

Needless to say God did have us all in his care as they got the call and had their little angel within 24 hours. God was merciful as they did not have the stress of waiting and again wondering every moment if the birthparents would change their mind. It goes to show that God does not forsake us and for me this was a personal affirmation that God is always watching over us.

On the bright side, our new little one is grandchild #12. We have 7 boys and 5 girls and each and every one of them has been, and is a highlight in our lives. Our new little addition is very special as we have waited much longer than the usual 9 months for her arrival and know her mommy and daddy will be fantastic parents. We are so blessed.

Nana Carleen

Hello,

I want to share my story as we just became grandparents to a beautiful baby girl. I have always been a person of faith and last March when my daughter and husband first found out their birthmother possibly had a change of heart four days before delivery, I prayed and prayed as I have never done before - even more than when my husband was having surgery for removal of cancer. I just knew that God could not allow my daughter and son-in-law to miss out on the baby girl they had been totally prepared for both physically and spiritually. Well, it did happen and although I didn't totally lose faith, I was seriously doubting my beliefs. Gradually over the next couple of months seeing the faith of our children, I again turned to God and my prayers. I was able to visit my kids in Apr. and saw the nursery, all the pink clothes as well as everything a baby could possibly need and it was so hard for me. My kids had faith, joked about possibly getting a little boy and having him use '"pink" things and the "if" word didn't enter into the mix - it was "when".

Needless to say God did have us all in his care as they got the call and had their little angel within 24 hours. God was merciful as they did not have the stress of waiting and again wondering every moment if the birthparents would change their mind. It goes to show that God does not forsake us and for me this was a personal affirmation that God is always watching over us.

On the bright side, our new little one is grandchild #12. We have 7 boys and 5 girls and each and every one of them has been, and is a highlight in our lives. Our new little addition is very special as we have waited much longer than the usual 9 months for her arrival and know her mommy and daddy will be fantastic parents. We are so blessed.

Nana Carleen

What a wonderful post! Congratulations on becoming Nana for the 12th times. I know that is one thing that can never get old!!

Congratulations Nana Carleen on being a grandma for the 12th time! Your new granddaughter is such a blessing and a real gift from God. She has two new amazing parents and we have been so blessed to get to meet them and follow their journey. Their journey had its bumps, but had the sweetest ending. The one God intended it to have.

Congrats to you all!

Welcome to the forum, Nana Carleen! Keep posting!

Congratulations Nana Carleen. Your post touched my heart and I'm sure many others. Thank you so much for sharing and believing. I'm sure you and your entire family are thrilled with your new little girl. God is good. He may not always answer prayers when "we" think we need them, but when "he" thinks we need them. Congratulations again, and I can see that 12 grandchildren are very lucky to have a wonderful Nana. God is good.

Hugs to your family,

Tracey

Welcome to the Forum Nana Carleen, and blessings to you and your family for the new little baby girl! God is good, all the time!

Susan

Nana Carleen, congratulations! I spoke with your newest grandbaby's birthgrandma today, and she is so excited for your daughter and son-in-law! She spoke so proudly of what a beautiful baby they've gotten, and said her family takes comfort in knowing what a blessing this little girl is, to a couple who otherwise would never know the joys of parenthood.

If you want to send a note to her, grandma to grandma, feel free to forward something here, and I'll see to it that it reaches her!

Oh Nana Carleen it is just wonderful to see you posting. And I might add to see such a beautiful post. God bless your daughter and her new gift from God. It was truly the best day of my life when my first grandbaby was placed in my arms after waiting so long for her. Enjoy and God Bless you all.

Gram Sharron

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all,

I am going to get to meet my little Julia in about 48 hours! I can't believe how excited I am. I was able to watch her via the internet today and she is just adorable - still pictures are great but seeing her live was awesome. Baby Julia arrived at home around 5:00 last night and her first night and day at home went well. She seems so tiny but is eating and doing well. You can bet that I will write more after I see my sweetie. Last night we went to a dance recital for Marcella, 7 and Chelsea 6. We enjoyed it so much as both girls are maturing and gaining more self-confidence. We feel so very blessed with all our grandchildren and watching them grow up is such a joy.

Nana Carleen

Hi, Nana Carleen! We took the liberty of setting up very own blog, so you have a place you can always come to brag about that darling new grandbaby of yours-- and the rest of 'em, too! Enjoy every precious moment! Hope we'll all get the chance to meet you in person at Camp Abrazo this year!

Dear Nana,

Well...we are still waiting on your update after meeting your newest granddaughter? (Bragging is so welcome here!!!)

We understand if your too busy holding and loving her to pieces! :)

Congratulations to the new parents, Josh and Kara too!

Never forgetting the first Mom (and birthgrandma) who chose them (and you) for baby Julia.

Peace,

Karen

Good Morning to all,

I have met my little Julia and needless to say it was love at first sight. I arrived at little late on Sunday night, saw my two daughters and grandson, Alexander (5) waiting - while I was hugging them I heard Josh, turned around and there was Julia . She was in her stroller and such a vision - my own little princess in her chariot. Of course the pictures didn't do her justice as she is totally beautiful and I had no idea that she would come to the airport. It was an unforgettable moment and I know that image will be etched in my mind. I was talking to her and she smiled - that was it as she knows her Nana and was giving me her approval.

My first day with her was awesome but I needed to carefully share time as I hadn't seen Alexander for 6 months. He is totally awed by his new little cousin and what a warm fuzzy to be holding Julia and have Alexander fall asleep snuggled up next to me.

Little Julia is such a good baby and I have yet to hear her really get upset - she makes a lot of little baby noises but doesn't out and out scream. She is eating well and is now letting us know she is hungry at some feedings. She is taking 2 oz. and doesn't spit up so I know she is getting her nourishment. I haven't fed her yet as I am still a little hesitant as she is so tiny and hasn't gotten the sucking, swallowing, and breathing at the same time mastered. I do love to hold her and nothing is as precious as touching and smelling the sweetness of a newborn. I wish her Papa had been able to come this trip.

Kara and Josh are such good parents - I am absolutely in awe with their confidence, care and love of little Julia. As a mother and grandmother, I don't think I could be more blessed. Nana Carleen

Such an amazing post. It touches my heart. I can feel the love through your writing. Sounds like Julia is pretty special and has a pretty special family too. Hoping you enjoy your visit with your grandchildren and children. It is wonderful to see a grandparent post.

Hugs to your family,

Tracey